Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th March 2009, 08:30   #871
BHPian

Unhappy Mint White India Vista

Friendz,

Tata has added one more color to Vista range. Color in Mint white and it has started selling like anything. I think all taxi owners are in action now.

Mint white color is tooooo white and very bright and will only attract Taxi owners. Now Imagine if Taxi Vista comes on road. Oh my god...

I saw Terra TDi in white and there were four such cars pending for delivery at dealers end.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-dsc00058.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-dsc00059.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-dsc00060.jpg  

sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 11:34   #872
BHPian

Hmmm... There can be 2 possibilities:

1) The limited edition's popularity made them bring out the white color and currently Vista's are not allowed for Taxi registration and that fact will remain.

2) The low sales of Vista and their financial situation has caused them to lose some of their arrogance of designing the Vista like the Indica(As if the Indica brand is like Jaguar ) yet expecting B+ segment buyers to buy it.Now they have no choice but sell to taxi segment as well.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 15:02   #873
Senior - BHPian

I've already seen two red vista taxis, one quadrajet , and one tdi.

Tata tried to woo the private buyer segment. guess it's going back to its old faithful buyer segment , the taxiwallahs
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 22:58   #874
BHPian

Limited edition was in Porcelain White which is very good color. But this is Mint white... too bright.

I heard that old Indica might phase out soon. Then after taxiwallahs will not have other option than Vista.

But if Tata is wise enough then they will not phase out old indica.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 23:41   #875
Senior - BHPian

Default Indica Vista 10Yrs - Special Edition

Today i had chance to visit Tata Dealership in Noida to take a TD of Linea. During the wait for TD (which was quite long) I had a chance to take a closer look at Tata Indica Vista Special 10Year Edition .

After looking a the car for sometime and inspecting both the exteriors and interirs , I gotta say the car is quite good and on comparing with an Indica parked outside , I came to realise how much Tata has improved on this car for 10 yrs. Its a very commendable achievement . The interiors though not great are definitely good. I love the onboard phone available in it . The paint finish is good.
The black roof is simply gorgeous. It lends a very elegant look to the overall look of the car. So does the gold garnishing . This may be partly due to the colour of the car . Anyway Tata is definitely on the right path on car development.

on a closer inspection of their current range spanning from
Indica --->Indica Vista ------> Sumo ------>Xenon---------> Safari
I feel its quite impressive. With their recent venture with JLR -- things are soon to get better.
Kudos to Tata..............

By the way Fiat Linea is getting lots of enquiries, but I wish Fiat had strengthened appointed a fresh set of dealerships coz to me it looked like a great product was again given to the wrong person to sell . I just hope things turn out for the best for fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-image042.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-image039.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-image041.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-image040.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-image043.jpg  

maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:06   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Friendz,

Tata has added one more color to Vista range. Color in Mint white and it has started selling like anything. I think all taxi owners are in action now.

Mint white color is tooooo white and very bright and will only attract Taxi owners. Now Imagine if Taxi Vista comes on road. Oh my god...

I saw Terra TDi in white and there were four such cars pending for delivery at dealers end.

But the car is looking so good in white. Its a shame though the majority buyers will be taxi wallas. Vista is a seriously good car. I feel Tata's very strength (ability to make cheap cars) is working against Vista.

Probably next time they should launch a car under a totally different brand family. Like a Lexus is for Toyota.

As things stand, I think Tata should let their hair down and launch a wild sporty version of the Vista. Probably that may help it get some buyers outside the taxi or the cheap mobility discerning customers.
rrsteer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:34   #877
Senior - BHPian

thats a good idea. tata ought to launch a high end indica with the VGT MJD engine from the linea/indigo !
Old 1st April 2009, 21:48   #878
BHPian

can some on tell me as to what diesel has to be used for Indica vista quadrajet .The dealer is telling me that any diesel is allowed.

Plz let me know what sort of diesel that you are using from a mileage and engine performance perpesctive.

Thanks
hdi.
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 21:58   #879
Senior - BHPian

the TDi engine prefers regular + system D. Check your manual
Old 1st April 2009, 22:34   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
can some on tell me as to what diesel has to be used for Indica vista quadrajet .The dealer is telling me that any diesel is allowed.

Plz let me know what sort of diesel that you are using from a mileage and engine performance perpesctive.

Thanks
hdi.
The manual recommends Diesel with Cetane no. 51, Sulphur content 350 mg/kg and Lubricity of 460. I have been using only ordinary diesel from the very beginning and getting very good FE.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:46   #881
BHPian

Hi Greenhorn,

The manual says Hi speed diesel (ISI460) + no additives.

However I had mistakenly used Plain diesel.

Will it not create any issues if I change the diesel now?

what do you think?

BTW,do you know what is ISI460

Thanks
hdi.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:54   #882
Senior - BHPian

High speed diesel is the technical name for the regular diesel that all of us use in cars . so dont worry
Diesel engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st April 2009 at 22:55.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:57   #883
Team-BHP Support

Hi speed diesel = normal diesel available in petrol pump. You are aok.

ISI 460 = diesel fuel specifications ISI 460:2000 for HSD.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 22:36   #884
BHPian

hi all,

I recently got a new aux cable to connect my ipod to the car audio thro aux in port.

However when I plugged it ,it was working fine,but the horn was not working(it was strangely muted sounding) and I heard some sparks(yes the sound that we can hear when something is emitting sparks)

can anyone shed more light on this issue.

-hdi
Old 8th April 2009, 22:51   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
hi all,

I recently got a new aux cable to connect my ipod to the car audio thro aux in port.

However when I plugged it ,it was working fine,but the horn was not working(it was strangely muted sounding) and I heard some sparks(yes the sound that we can hear when something is emitting sparks)

can anyone shed more light on this issue.

-hdi
Is it a problem with Indica Vista or Tata ASS?
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote