Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th April 2009, 20:12   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Hmmm... There can be 2 possibilities:

1) The limited edition's popularity made them bring out the white color and currently Vista's are not allowed for Taxi registration and that fact will remain.

2) The low sales of Vista and their financial situation has caused them to lose some of their arrogance of designing the Vista like the Indica(As if the Indica brand is like Jaguar ) yet expecting B+ segment buyers to buy it.Now they have no choice but sell to taxi segment as well.
No, you are wrong, When the segment leader Indica sold Feb 11,315 (Swift around 9K as per ACI), and in March Indica sold 13,678, which is 20% increase why shoud Tata try to sell the Vista for Taxi segment?
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 12:09   #887
BHPian

Today I went for giving my car for 2nd service.
I asked for the latest pricelist and noticed a few points:

1) The Yellow board pricelist doesnt have the indica Vista in it so rest assured it will not be sold to the Taxi segment.

2)The Terra Quadrajet is now available! Earlier the QJD was available in only Aqua and Aura. Now is it also available in Terra and priced at 4.98 Lacs On road in Bangalore. So it is the cheapest Multijet money can buy, even cheaper than the Palio MJD SD. But with the Grey boring interior I wonder if anyone will buy it after all a car is not only about the engine!

3)Almost all highend variants of the Indica have been discontinued like the DLG, Dicor etc but the DLX with ABS and Airbags is still available at the same price as Vista TDI Aqua.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 13:05   #888
BHPian

I have been using a 2 GB pen drive to listen to music in my Vista. My question is what is the max limit that the drive will be able to play? 4 GB, 8 GB?
Request other to share the pen drive (in terms of capacity) being used by them.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 10:56   #889
BHPian

Mine is 8GB pendrive. Only problem is that it takes lot time to scan through pendrive while building playlist due to 8GB size.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 13:52   #890
BHPian

No new Vista is being seen here, either Quadrajet or TDi! Is the case same at other places too?
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 14:59   #891
BHPian

I have been seeing Vistas in quite good numbers. In my 17 km drive from Home to Office and back I have been noticing quite a few Vistas. Around a month back I would be happy if I saw more than 2 on the same stretch of road.
I have also seen 2 new Vistas standing in our office parking lot. One is a Safire & the other a TDi.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 16:51   #892
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
2)The Terra Quadrajet is now available! Earlier the QJD was available in only Aqua and Aura. Now is it also available in Terra and priced at 4.98 Lacs On road in Bangalore.
That'd be about 4.5 - 4.6 in Mumbai, a steal in my opinion. Great hatch mated to the perfect small diesel engine.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 18:13   #893

Default Buying Anniversary Edition

HI Guys..

After my 5 Yrs with Indica DLS V2. i did the exchange of the car few days back with Indica Vista Quadrajet Anniversary Edition.. SOld my Old car for 1.3 Lacs Mumbai Registration

Some things u all shud know about the anniversary edition

1. It was manufactured only in Jan 09 and not new Anniversary is coming out from Production...
2. Currently there were issues with Alloys after speaking with Tata Marketing Dept, so Orignally Alloys are not present with the Dealers and it comes with the normal Rims.
3. Took a discount of 20k (Includes Loyalty + Corporate Discount) + Teflon,Anit Rust,Mudflaps,Air Freshner, Steering Cover.

On Road Price Mumbai 584704
Discount of 20k
+
Accessories

Let me know your opinion...

--- > Manmohan < ----

I want to know from u all if the deal is gud....
mbangur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 18:47   #894
Senior - BHPian

if you got an anniversary edition vista with missing rims, you should have gotten a further 20k discount !
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 12:06   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
if you got an anniversary edition vista with missing rims, you should have gotten a further 20k discount !
You mean to say totally 20K discount or 20+20k discount ?
1st OPtion: 20k discount+Accessories as mentioned above
2nd Option: 15k discount+4 Alloys (Not 5)

What you think i should take?
Old 25th April 2009, 13:15   #896
Senior - BHPian

i dont know about the other discounts, but the vista anniversary edition has a 20k discount if there are no alloys
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...co-strike.html (Indica Vista Limited 10th anniversary edition for Rs 20,000 less till hindalco strike)

i would take option #2, if you like the alloys they are offering, and try to bargain for a 5th alloy
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 20:31   #897
BHPian

@mbangur:

I purchased a Vista Anniv edition manufactured Feb 2009 this month and I got a total cash discount of 32k which includes 18k of alloys discount and 14k - corporate and other. You should pick the car as soon as you can because anniversary edition is stopped from Tata. No more are being made.

As per my suggestion go for 20k+ accessories.
anmolbedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 12:45   #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
@mbangur:

I purchased a Vista Anniv edition manufactured Feb 2009 this month and I got a total cash discount of 32k which includes 18k of alloys discount and 14k - corporate and other. You should pick the car as soon as you can because anniversary edition is stopped from Tata. No more are being made.

As per my suggestion go for 20k+ accessories.

Infact I am going with 20k discount + Accessories.
Atleast I can use the normal rims which come for 2 3 years and then shift to alloys.... So I will utilise both... Bye the way...how will u rate the Balupunkt Music System which comes with Anniversary Edtn... It looks awesum
Old 26th April 2009, 19:21   #899
BHPian

@mbangur:

Yeah, you can shift to alloys whenever you wish to. I find the music system very good. It reads 8GB pendrive so quickly, not even my sony read it that quick. The sound is good enough but you need to get oval speakers in back - may be JBL or Sony 300W to get better sound. Bluetooth is ver good, seamless voice connectivity with mobile - no issues - I paired my Samsung Omnia and it works beautifully.
anmolbedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 21:19   #900
BHPian

Had a paid (forced) oil + filter change. Charged for 3.7 litres of oil while engine oil capacity is shown as 3.2 litres (page 130) and min 2.2 and max 3.2 litres (page 131) in the owners manual. Cost of filter 330 plus tax.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote