Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th April 2009, 21:25   #901
Senior - BHPian

this is not expected. we had a similar occurence earlier in the TIUG. please read through, and escalate with tata customer service if required
Yahoo! Groups
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 16:02   #902
BHPian

Any news on the promised ABS/Airbags version? It's been more than 7 months now since the launch.
donzerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 21:29   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
Any news on the promised ABS/Airbags version? It's been more than 7 months now since the launch.
Yes, it is really frustrating when i20 offers 6 Airbags and Swift offers ABS. many potential buyers need just these reasons to buy Vista over the competitors.
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 21:33   #904
Senior - BHPian

Just another broken tata promise
Old 30th April 2009, 08:24   #905
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Tata have made a fool of themselves in this comparison.
Attachment 41513
Atleast when they are telling that other cars have ABS and Airbags while they don't .

Looks like Swift is their main competitor. Swift has VDi with ABS and ZXi as fully loaded. They have not mentioned this in the above image. I'm sure Maruti will take this up.
At least TATA is being honest. Unlike the others who only add those points where their car socres highest in the table. How many of you actually go out and buy models with ABS, Airbags etc. Everyone talks about it and even demand it in every car including the Nano. When it comes to shelling out the extra money for safety, most of us prefer to give it a slip.
pedrolourenco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:26   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
@mbangur:

Yeah, you can shift to alloys whenever you wish to. I find the music system very good. It reads 8GB pendrive so quickly, not even my sony read it that quick. The sound is good enough but you need to get oval speakers in back - may be JBL or Sony 300W to get better sound. Bluetooth is ver good, seamless voice connectivity with mobile - no issues - I paired my Samsung Omnia and it works beautifully.

Thanks for your inputs.... By the way, i m getting the delivery of the car tomorrow..........

--Manmohan
mbangur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 21:35   #907
BHPian

Question Need some advice on Aqua test drive feedback

I went for a test drive today on quadrajet aqua.

1. The car moves really well, but I found that stopping power lacks. The brakes are not confidence inspiring.

2. Secondly, for some reason, I did not find the steering accurate - the car did not generate a sense of control/confidence and felt completely isolated from the road. Has anybody else felt the same, or is it just my unfamiliarity with the car?

(My regular ride has been a Palio 1.2.)

3. My experience with an the Indigo's AC is very good, but Vista's AC does not seem to cool as quickly.

4. The showroom had a single unsold Anniv edition model on display. I liked the white color and asked the salesperson if I can get that color. Yes, the white is getting added as a new color to the Vista range (not with the black roof), but has a longer delivery period (2 weeks).

5. The anniv edition ICE is much better than the stock Aura ICE, and is also much better integrated into the console. The dealer is asking for 15,000 for replacing the clarion ICE with the blaupunkt anniv edition one. I think this is too high. What do you think?
TATA should consider making it a standard on the top-end model.

6. Family likes the space inside the car and seating comfort. I'll prefer to see the Indigo version of Vista (for boot space), but dealer says the Indigo vista launch is at least 4 months away. Seems too far away considering they have the complete test cars running near Pune for several months now. Any clue?
guptad42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 22:11   #908
Senior - BHPian

compared to the palio, the vista is undertyred. so the relative brake and steering feel would be somewhat expected.

your observation of the AC is also reflected by the others. Excuse given by salesfolk is that there is a bigger interior, so more and therefore longer to cool
15k for that HU is too much. you can get something better for the same price

indigo vista is overdue, so is the abs and airbags, and some fiat launches. expect them to be spaced out.

lets see if our insiders have any gyaan on this
Old 10th May 2009, 22:49   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
........... I'll prefer to see the Indigo version of Vista (for boot space), but dealer says the Indigo vista launch is at least 4 months away. Seems too far away considering they have the complete test cars running near Pune for several months now. Any clue?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
......indigo vista is overdue.......
I was speaking to the owner of a well known Tata dealership in Pune last week, according to him Indigo Vista won't be on roads before the end of February 2010.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 10:33   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
I was speaking to the owner of a well known Tata dealership in Pune last week, according to him Indigo Vista won't be on roads before the end of February 2010.
Another year's delay! There was Mr Ratan Tata's interview in Zigwheels a couple of months back, which had an annexed timeline for their product launches - that had mentioned Sep 09 as launch for the Indigo Vista. Well, I suppose the delay could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Need to 'space' out after the Fiat GP launch (same production plant).
- More testing - mid-stream design changes, including perhaps the 1.6 L MJD ?
Rigid Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 12:34   #911
BHPian

Whilst going home yesterday night, I happened to notice a Blue or Black colour Indica Vista on the opposite side with what seemed to be projector headlamps. The light was very bright & didnt seem to be like those emitted from white bulbs. The car was at quite a high speed & was on the flyover, so could not even turn around to chase the car.
Does this car belong to any 1 on our forum? If not then is any 1 aware if there's some 1 out there who has designed projector headlamps for the Vista? Pour in the info guys...
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 12:37   #912
Senior - BHPian

are you sure it was an indica? some international models have similar shaped headlamps with projectors
Old 20th May 2009, 12:55   #913
BHPian

I am 100% sure it was a Vista. I may mix up the Vista from the rear, but I have always been right in spotting 1 from the front. Its got such distinct head lamps that its almost impossible to mix it up with any other car.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:40   #914
BHPian

Default Wiper Woes

I am having a particularly difficult time in understanding the functionality of the wiper stalk on my Vista. This is especially true for the intermediate function. I am simply unable to use the same. Whenever I put it on the intermediate mode (move the stalk 1 position up) the wipers just run once & then simply nothing happens for a very long time. I then simply move it 1 notch up & it goes into the regular mode.
There's also one rotating adjustment knob. I have no idea how to use that either.
Can any 1 enlighten me on the same...Fast because rains are almost here. I am now afraid if the intermediate position is malfunctioning in my car.
Attached picture for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-stock1.jpg  

Old 4th June 2009, 17:15   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I am having a particularly difficult time in understanding the functionality ....
Moving one step up will put wiper in intermittent mode. The ring on the stack will set 5 different delayed timings for the intermittent mode. It's that simple. Set your ring for less delay between two wipes.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote