Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th August 2009, 00:21   #946
Senior - BHPian

ironically, in the first gen indica, ABS and airbags were available only for the DLX turbo trim...
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 13:31   #947
BHPian

Hope somebody will be kind enough to explain how to do oil change in Vista. Asking since I plan to do it every 5000kms and for the price TASC charges for the oil, we can get far better grades. Thinking of just draining and filling and changing filter at the time of usual service. At least a picture of the drain plug will be appreciated.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 07:27   #948
BHPian

On the website it says that the Vista Aura has LED Taillights while the Dealers here have no clue. When I said LED they were looking at me like I was out of my mind. They said "No LEDS. Simple Taillight only."

Has anyone for any ideas why when the website says LEDs they are not still available with the dealers? Or Aura is not going to come with LEDs at all? :O
leonerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 10:27   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonerd View Post
On the website it says that the Vista Aura has LED Taillights ..........
Aura does not have LED taillamps. It has LED high mount stoplamp (third brake light on top in rear windshield). I guess you got confused between taillamp and high mount stoplamp. See the attached snapshot from broucher for reference.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bouncer : 5th September 2009 at 10:32. Reason: Managing attachment
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 17:03   #950
BHPian

Ahh..yeah. I also checked the specs just few mins before and realized that they are high mount stop lamps and not rear tail lamps. Thanks for clearing the confusion.
leonerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:04   #951
BHPian

Can someone explain me how to use the "Antiglare Position" of the Rear view mirror? Manual does not explain it well and I tried to fiddle with it but did not push hard because of fear of breaking it.
Also another update is that the New Aura versions now come with Blaupunct music system as standard, which is also there in limited edition. It looks much better than the earliar one and well integrated but the only downside is that there is no usb and remote for this one.
rajdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:15   #952
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...does-work.html (Day/Night Mirror Adjustment - How does it work?)
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:30   #953
BHPian

Thanks greenhorn, but the link explains how the "Anitglare" mechanism works scientifically whereas I wanted to know how to change the the position from normal to antiglare and vice-versa.
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:46   #954
Senior - BHPian

there is a small lever sticking out from under the IRVM right? Push it backward/Forward and the mirror moves correspondingly to toggle between modes.
With the lever pulled forward, you're in day mode, and with it pushed back, you are in night mode.

try switching to night mode when someone is driving behind you with their headlights on at night - you should get a dimmed reflection. Comes in very handy if they are driving with high beam/beams aimed straight at your eye
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:54   #955
BHPian

Thanks, will check it out.
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:17   #956
BHPian

Can someone explain me, how to clean the area at the base of front wind screen (outside) just beelow the wipers. It is quite a groove, vaccume cleaner can do the job but apart from that is there any other way?
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:43   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Can someone explain me, how to clean the area at the base of front wind screen (outside) just beelow the wipers. It is quite a groove, vaccume cleaner can do the job but apart from that is there any other way?
I have been wondering about the same for long. Leaves and all sorts of debris get accumulated there. Finally bought a vacuum cleaner, but mainly for cleaning interior as also the air filter.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 16:02   #958
BHPian

Ok, so no suggestions on how to clean the area below the front wipers, somebody must have done it!!
I have another query, does Vista come with underbody antirust coat? Because I was looking into the tyre well and I saw some silverish paint coat. What is this coat and is it necessary to go for underbody antirust coat?
Old 1st December 2009, 01:34   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there is a small lever sticking out from under the IRVM right? Push it backward/Forward and the mirror moves correspondingly to toggle between modes.
With the lever pulled forward, you're in day mode, and with it pushed back, you are in night mode.

try switching to night mode when someone is driving behind you with their headlights on at night - you should get a dimmed reflection. Comes in very handy if they are driving with high beam/beams aimed straight at your eye
Hi Sir,
Before going for the Ritz my option was of Vista.But I did not like the sound and bit tight steering wheel.Unfortunately I did not notice the night mode and day mode RVM Thanks for giving the new knowledge.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 07:55   #960
Senior - BHPian

Sir, If you have installed sun film on the rear glass, then you wont need the day night mode much.
The swift has a day night mirror. Wonder if that can be fitted on the ritz