Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th August 2008, 14:40   #1
BHPian

Default Booked Champagne Gold, i10 Kappa Magna

Hi folks,

I have booked an i10 Kappa Magna.

I have booked it from Deep Hyundai, Mangolpuri, Delhi. The sales guy recognised us immediately as he had sold a santro xing to us around 1.5 years back.

He was pressing 1.1 but on insisting he said yes the 1.2 engine is promising and 1.1 magna may be phased out(??). He also admitted that he had pressure to clear 1.1 stocks by discounts around Rs.10,000. The guy was courteous. I have a Feb 2003 Santro ZipPlus which I offerred for exchange less my alloy wheels and ice(alloys will go in xing and ice in new car). The valuer took a TD and offerred 1.35L but on pressure from sales guy settled at 1.40L.

So price came out

On Road
399985(exshowroom)
+10670(regn road tax etc)
+12309(insurance)
+5761(washing, PDI, No plate and other misc charges)
=428725
-6999(cash disc)
-140000(exchange of old car)
-10000(exchange bonus)
=271726

paid the amount by cheque.
Expected to be delivered on wednesday 27th Aug(i.e. the after cheque gets cleared)

Now its time to remove alloys and ice from the old santro.
Will update later on delivery.
mishraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 16:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mishraak!! Gives us a review of the Kappa - a long term one at that!
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 16:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

5761 for Washing, PDI and No. plate ? Is there something significant in the "misc charges" that you have mentioned ?

Anyways all the best for the Kappa and please post pictures once you get the vehicle
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 16:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
5761 for Washing, PDI and No. plate ? Is there something significant in the "misc charges" that you have mentioned ?

Anyways all the best for the Kappa and please post pictures once you get the vehicle
That is normal. Administration charge of 5000 is collected byTrident in Bangalore.

Congrats!! Waiting for the pictures.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 16:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post

Well, the description for Rs.5761 as mentioned in price list is Driver, Storage, No. Plate, Petrol, Washing & service charges, PDI and other administrative expenses
Old 24th August 2008, 17:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! If i'am not mistaken, this is first. A t-bhpian owning an i10 with Kappa engine. Do post pics after you take the delivery.

BTW, have you checked whether the alloys of santro match with i10.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 20:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Congrats!! If i'am not mistaken, this is first. A t-bhpian owning an i10 with Kappa engine. Do post pics after you take the delivery.

Guess there are already a couple of i10 Kappas on the forum. They have posted on the "Tested and ripped i10 Kappa" or something similar to that.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 22:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
The alloys have been replaced with tyres from my santro xing and vice versa.

Tomorrow I will get the ice stripped off.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:08   #9
BHPian

Default ICE for i10

I have zeroed on the following set for the new car

Alpine ida-X100 (from previous car)
Polk db691 6X9 (from previous car)
Pioneer TS-WX206A amplified woofer (from previous car)
Polk 200.4 amp
Polk MM6501 components
Schosche wiring kit

Suggest if the set up is right
Old 26th August 2008, 14:47   #10
BHPian

Mr. mishraak: Congratulations on your new buy. i10 looks really good and cute. Please post the pics of your car.

Regards
Mahesh S
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 00:01   #11
BHPian

Default Arrived now

My car has arrived.

I reached the dealership at 11:15 with my mom and sis. as promised the car was ready. I handed over my old santro signed the transfer documents with tears in my eyes, my mother consoled me. After intial inspection I signed the delivery documents and took the car. The delivery guy showed all the features etc and handed over the keys to my mom and then she handed over them to me with congratulations.

we sat in the car and turned the key. The cabin was absoultely silent, the tacho showed less than 1000rpm. gear position appears vague in pictures but actually is very comfortable, short and slick. it feels like a joystick with clicks. The knob could have been more rounded on the top. All gears fall into space neatly.

I maintained a point, however provocated, I will not rip the car prior to first service so maintained a max 2 to 2.5 k on tacho. pull in first gear is awesome but second gear demands more so gives a feeling of slight sluggishness then wakes up and makes the car leap.Third gear is tall. The engine is so vibration less that I didnt feel that I was driving in third gear until I saw tacho nearing 3k. 4th and 5th are overdrives. once speed picks up you can cruise at around 100kph @ 2.5k at mere hint of throttle. This car is sure for the highway, bumper to bumper traffic response is no bad either but requires you to concentrate(may be becoz it was my first day).

Steering is light and precise and gives adequate feedback. Suspension is better than santro and is not bouncy like previous versions( I have seen my sister's friend's i10-era's rear bouncing after clearing the speed breaker). Air con is effective and cooled the entire cabin very fast, but could have been better, position 3 and 4 on blower do not help too much and on very hot days you may feel as if they are blowing only air out.

Brakes are not like you find typically in new cars, pinch the pedal and everybody gets thrown forward. The car reacts to pedal-pressure appropriately.

Seats are comfortable(my mom liked it, she travels in an optra royale) and rear leg room is more than santro(my father used to feel cramped in back seat of my old santro). Lots of cubby holes to hold things like mobile, parking tickets etc. Boot appears at bit smaller than santro but is deeper. Steering is not plastic like xing or santro and feels padded. I drove the car with steering tilt at both positions and had no problems.

Overall a good package.
the car took 33 litres of petrol on auto cut and i drove around 120 kms in city. The day had been hectic and I was too excited to click photographs, please excuse.

Note: I am no auto-expert and above review are mere feelings that I had on first day.

Thanks for reading
Old 28th August 2008, 01:15   #12
BHPian

Looks like you are enjoying your i10 already!
Looking forward to your mileage figures and images!
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 08:51   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on ur new purchase bro. Awaiting pics.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 09:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride, mishraak. Nice comparision of the I10 versus the Santro. Very valid points, glad that Hyundai has worked on the suspension.

Take good care of her, and I'm sure she'll serve you well.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 09:33   #15
BHPian

@ mishra will be eagerly waiting for your feedbacks about the car. I have almost zeroed in for the kappa, just need to get the loan finalised..i am planning to pick up the sport version. Do you suggest the sports or do you think magna will do the job ..does paying an extra of apprx 25K be worth for the sportz model ?
jango is offline   Reply With Quote