| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th August 2008, 18:25||#1|
Passion Red Getz CRDi - Update - impressions post 2nd Service & Pete's Box
Previous car: Swift Vxi 2005 model one of the first 100 cars sold in Bangalore
Sold on: 25th August 2008.
Was really tough to let go of my car, which has taken me through thick n thin. Booked a Passion red (my son's fav color) Getz CRDi.
Reasons for selecting Getz:
My Office is due to be shifted from a 7 km driving distance to a 21 km driving distance in September. translated to close to Rs. 300/day in costs. Diesel with close to 15 kmpl (as claimed by many bhpians) would translate to costs less than Rs. 150/day.
I had done 50,000 km in my Swift over a period of 3 years and loved every second of it, almost done with my company car lease so thought of letting her go.
Wanted to own a car with over 100+ horses and within my company lease limits of Rs. 5.5 lakhs ex-showroom
Did not want to go for a Swift DDiS - the waiting period sucks
No Indicab for me
Vista - well got to know of it only after I got confirmation on the arrival of my Getz
Palio Stile: No Comments
So left with one choice and thats the Getz rocket hatch.
Eagerly awaiting the delivery of my car tomorrow and will give a detailed first impression of the car and the service of Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore.
Until then adios my dear Swift :(
|30th August 2008, 13:22||#7|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked: 232 Times
I booked Passion Red GetZ Crdi and called off the deal from DSC Hyundai Chennai.
Seriously i missed Red Monster.
you can compete with any Big Cars without any fuss.
But be careful on emergency stops.It won't react with the puny tyres.
Possible change the tyres.It will give you more confidence driving.
|30th August 2008, 13:42||#8|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 351 Times
Hey Anarchist, great choice of vehicle. I am sure you are gonna have a great time
BTW, is your office being shifted from Bannergatta to whitefield?? If yes, looks like we might be in the same org cos I am also moving to ITPL in sept.
|30th August 2008, 19:31||#9|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Thanked: 47 Times
please wait till you get to drive the lion in wolf's clothing, and you will know it was good decision you made and will ease you the feeling of you let the swift VXi go.
do definitely get the tyre upgrade done, it will transform the braking and crusing like never before,
and finally congratulations on the new beast.
|1st September 2008, 13:37||#10|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Thanked: 30 Times
Congrats mate... be sure to be easy on her during the initial break-in period.
Upload some snaps when u get them.
|2nd September 2008, 11:40||#11|
Hi All sorry for the short absence, I was busy enjoying my car .
I got the car delivered on Saturday at Advaith Hyundai Sarjapur road. I told the sales person I would be there at the dealership by 530 pm to pick up the car and went to Advaith Residency road only to find out I had to go to Sarjapur. Well managed to get hold of a friend to take me there before they shut down for the weekend. My son came along with me and it was great to see the excitement on his face the entire time.
At Advaith S'pur the ambience is fantastic and one is treated very well from the time you enter the showroom and while you try to assess the various cars available and till one has left the showroom. The concerned corporate sales person was with me in a jiff while my son watched his favorite tom n jerry show on a LCD tv fit into a small antique looking car I went ahead with the formalities. My gleaming red rocket hatch was parked right at the entrance with a lot of guys n gals taking a look at it with people saying wow this is the hatch with that Verna engine, you should see how the Verna moves and this one will rock too kinda comments coming from them. It started raining so couldnt take snaps of the car. The car had the PDI sticker and everything looked fine. Got the mats and flaps only as free with the car.
I was given some chocolates which my son enjoyed, I had to pay Rs. 13,000/- thats the extra amount over my company lease car limit, got a receipt for that and along with a pair of keys and the booklet on the car. The sales person patiently answered all my queries on the service centers around Bangalore, the difference between the petrol and the diesel Getz. Some points to be noted as part of the suggestions was
1. Depress the clutch while starting
2. I dont have to wait for a minute before I start moving
3. I dont have to wait for the heating coil light to go off to start the car
4. I had to keep the engine at idling if I travel more than 60 kilimeters or at full load.
5. The reverse gear is not like the regular ones, you have pull the small thinggy and shift further up ahead of the first gear, something similar to Ceilo, Astra, Tata Sumo (the cars I have driven with similar reverse gear set up) amongst others.
6. No hard stopping
7. No running in but advised to keep the rpm levels below 3000 till the first service is done (very difficult thing to do)
8. First service at 1200 to 1500 km or in 2 months time whichever comes first.
9. For the accessories I had asked for front arm rest and fog lamps, i was told I had to wait for a few more days to get it.
10. For the arm rest to be fitted in the front seats had to be changed and the sales person told me that it will be done during this week. They needed atleast 3 days to get the accessories and a couple of hours to fit them onto the car. Same goes for the fog lamps, really miss them as during dusk you can do with just the fog lamps available in the Swift.
I was all set to take the car, removed the plastics as soon as I got near the car. I did not take the Pre Delivery Inspections checklist with me though.
First impresessions - before driving off.
1. Took a real long look at the car from all directions
2. Tyres looked a li'l thin for my likin with me used to seeing 205's on my Swift.
3. Good utlity spaced around the front seat. I would say a few things available extra from whats on the Swift etc.
4. The wood finish center console matched the Beige interiors and did not give a yucky look to the interiors as most people have commented in this forum.
5. The boot space definitely bigger than the Swift it also had a couple of small areas to keep the first aid kit and some utilities which was abscent in the Swift.
6. Scared of Beige interiors getting dirty but looked neat and up market would have prefered the black/grey interiors similar to the Swift
7. Sat in the rear with the front seats pushed back fully, well me at 6 ft tall was able to sit easliy without any discomfort as faced in the Swift, where if I had pushed the seat back fully, no one can sit behind me.
8. Sat in the front seat found that the seat could be moved back much lesser than the Swift so its a bit crampy for 6ft+ people.
9. Driver seat I would say is about 30% as comfy as the Swift driver seats. Swift has awesome front seats which literally hug you. You get a feeling that you are sitting pretty tall though I couldnt see one bit of the hood at that position.
10. Tilt steering thats not available in the Swift, the default position was too high for my comfort had to bring it way down to get a good feel.
11. Gear knob a lot better to hold, look n feel on the Swift than the Getz checked out the different reverse gear marking on the knob.
12. Instrument cluster had lot of warning lights, rpm redlines at 4500 rpm way lesser than the Swift petrol 6200 and Swift diesel 5400+.
13. No Engine temperature indicator
14. The odo reset is not built in on the cluster but is on the dash just behind the steering
15. Steering, Swift's is classier than the Getz, the feel was pretty rough when you hold onto the steering. The three spoke one on the Getz had the Hyundai symbol in grey while the Swift is a shining "S"
16. Honking area was a tad bit hard when compared to the Swift.
17. A/c vents I feel was better in the Swift than in the Getz where you have circular knobs to control the vents for horizontal or vertical movements.
18. Getz can have a double din HU but the HU slot is a bit lower and you have your leg obstructing the view most times so scrapping the plan for a double din and planned to go for a screen on the rear view mirror.
19. The pedals are too close for comfort and you can get into trouble and push both the clutch and the break at one time with one leg.
20. Depressing the clutch fully will make your left foot touch the Steering rod or what ever you call it and you can feel it move below your feet. This and the above point not at all to my liking, best would be the dead pedal which is missing in the Swift.
Whew more in my following post .....
|2nd September 2008, 12:19||#12|
21. Left and right Rear view mirrors much smaller than the Swift's, could be a little bit larger well I am sure I will get used to it soon.
22. Started the car with the clutch depressed and the familiar diesel clatter is clearly audible.
23. Give my thanks and bye's to the Sales person and I am off.
Wow this car really moves and you barely are able to feel the turbo lag. I was on the outer ring road heading towards Indiranagar to pick up my wife and the drive was awesome. I suppose the car had about 5 litres in the tank. So headed to the IOC bunk for my first tank up. Felt a little strange heading towards the Diesel dispenser and asked the guy to fill er up. Full tank is 45 litres and filled 40.5 that was my first tank full and it cost me ~ Rs. 1500 thats Rs. 1000 less than what it costed me to fill my Swift (petrol) tank and that got me smiling.
The rush after the turbo kicks in is awesome and very addictive but I am trying to restrain myself till the first service. Overall driving comfort is definitely better in the Swift than the Getz so even with the Diesel rocket I still feel Swift was better in driving comfort.
Virtually no turbo lag and driving in rush hour traffic means first gear to stop the car from jumping ahead as (most users have claimed) in the second gear. Shifting to fourth and fifth is little difficult in Bangalore traffic along with recommended speeds mentioned for the Getz.
Snaps and rest of the story to follow...
|2nd September 2008, 12:33||#14|
More snaps ICE install at Auto Fusion Koramangala
ICE install at Auto Fusion Koramangala BOM
1. Pioneer HU (DVD, USB compatible)
2. 7" TFT/LCD Screen with reverse camera
3. JBL 4 channel amplifier for the components
4. Two sets of Focal components fit into the door speaker slots
5. JBL mono Block amplifier for the Sub-woofer
6. JBL 1000 watts Sub-woofer
7. JBL wiring kit 1 number for the monoblock amplifier
8. AFX (or something similarly named) wiring kit 1 number for the 4 channel amplifier
9. Autocorp central locking.
2. Bigger set of alloys and rubber
will take better snaps of the finished ICE setup tomorrow and post it...
Last edited by anarchist : 2nd September 2008 at 12:36.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2||Endeavour333||Modifications & Accessories||130||11th September 2017 01:24|
|Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update||Bubby||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||70||1st April 2017 10:31|
|Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update||undead||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||119||14th June 2015 16:48|
|Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update||4strings||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||44||24th March 2011 13:18|
|For Sale: Pete's Tuning Box - Accent CRDi||drifter||Shifting gears||0||23rd October 2006 20:13|