Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th September 2008, 21:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

one more ,when you do reverse in L&K,the OVRM downs and you can see the rear tyres to ease the reverse.
I don't know,Whether it's in stock or not.
But saw in one forum.Forgot the address.
Whether you guys heard this before.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 21:41   #47
BHPian

Nice color man..car really looks HOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbhat View Post
Thanks Abhinav!
Could you please let me know how to enable anti-hijack?
I think you need to ask your dealer for it..I told them before buying my Fabia and they did it.Really nice feature..
kunaldhami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 22:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
The Button are little cumbersome.Lot of buttons in both turn indicator stick & wiper stick.
In L&K,Cruise Control too added in wiper stick.
So many options in Audio System too.
Need to get hands on for full utilization.
Karthik,
controls on the stalk are many, but it takes a very little getting used to.
within 500km drive, I found myself comfortable (this is only my opinion)

Quote:
one more ,when you do reverse in L&K,the OVRM downs and you can see the rear tyres to ease the reverse.
I don't know,Whether it's in stock or not.
But saw in one forum.Forgot the address.
Whether you guys heard this before.
This is the first time hearing about it, that has not happened in my car. Will check manual if I can find any details though. But this would be a great feature though!
anandbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 09:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

IMO,It only comes in L&K because of its memory feature of Driver Seats and OVRMs.
Already i have spoken to my dealer.But they don't know anything really.
If you switch on the Front FogLamps,The indicator is visible in the Headlight knob.
But if you switch on the Rear FogLamps,No indication is visible,though there is a dedicated Indication for Rear FogLamps.
Check it.
What about NVC.I heard a lot of Engine noise while testing.
Any idea about FE.

Again a Bomb from Central Goverment to Big Diesel car users.
They are planning for dual fuel pricing policy for Diesel.
Check this URL:
Deccan Chronicle on the web
Old 11th September 2008, 16:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Dude
they will activate it through VAG
Just tell your dealer
He will do it for you. Free of cost.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 17:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

what is the use of activating anti hijack ?
unlock all doors once key is removed ?

Last edited by aks_karthik : 11th September 2008 at 17:20.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Laura looks smashing in red and the stanley seats are a perfect match for the red colour. Could you tell me what grade/quality of seats those are? I have classic beige in my SX4 and the seats are REALLY high maintainence.

Quote:
Actually door locks as soon as you cross 15kpl
15kpl? Thats a really very easy way to calculate fuel efficiency!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 18:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
IMO,It only comes in L&K because of its memory feature of Driver Seats and OVRMs.
Already i have spoken to my dealer.But they don't know anything really.
If you switch on the Front FogLamps,The indicator is visible in the Headlight knob.
But if you switch on the Rear FogLamps,No indication is visible,though there is a dedicated Indication for Rear FogLamps.
Check it.
What about NVC.I heard a lot of Engine noise while testing.
Any idea about FE.

Again a Bomb from Central Goverment to Big Diesel car users.
They are planning for dual fuel pricing policy for Diesel.
Check this URL:
Deccan Chronicle on the web
Karthik,
Thanks. Let us know when you hear from your dealer.
Will check rear fog lamp tonight! Have never used it so far though.
Engine noise does filter in at low gears beyond 2500rpm.
But last week when I went for a long drive, I used 5th gear for the first time and at 80kph, there was absolutely no noise filtering into the cabin! I even checked with ICE off, I was really surprised with it though!

I have not checked FE yet as I still have more than 1/2 tank fuel in there...
But before 2000-3000km on odo, it might not be good, I'm expecting it to improve after that mark though.
Yes dual pricing is bothering, but consolation is, FE is better than similar sized petrol cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Dude
they will activate it through VAG
Just tell your dealer
He will do it for you. Free of cost.
OK Thanks Abhinav. Will need to visit service station this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Congrats! Laura looks smashing in red and the stanley seats are a perfect match for the red colour. Could you tell me what grade/quality of seats those are? I have classic beige in my SX4 and the seats are REALLY high maintainence.

15kpl? Thats a really very easy way to calculate fuel efficiency!
Amit, Thanks a lot!
I have got Satin leather.
What you mean by high on maintenance? does it get dirty quicker?
One thing I have enforced my family is not to eat inside the car... That I think has helped me a little bit! But so far, have not seen any issues.

good catch!! I meant 15kph
Old 11th September 2008, 20:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit, Thanks a lot!
I have got Satin leather.
What you mean by high on maintenance? does it get dirty quicker?
Yes, it gets dirty very easily. Noone eats in my car too but the leather catches any dirt from clothes very easy. I guess due to the nature of the classic hide, the dirt latches onto the leather and it gets extremely difficult to remove it.

By the way, Stanley, even after 6 months, say they have no idea when their leather cleaner will be in stock! The staff at Stanley boutique asked me to use dove soap to clean my seats.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 23:23   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Yes, it gets dirty very easily. Noone eats in my car too but the leather catches any dirt from clothes very easy. I guess due to the nature of the classic hide, the dirt latches onto the leather and it gets extremely difficult to remove it.

By the way, Stanley, even after 6 months, say they have no idea when their leather cleaner will be in stock! The staff at Stanley boutique asked me to use dove soap to clean my seats.
Though I have not felt yet it is catching dirt easily, may be there is some difference between classic and satin. What I was told was that, classic is soft leather and satin is hard compared to it, may be that might make some difference.
Old 12th September 2008, 19:51   #56
BHPian

After a full week worth of driving the fun-do Laura, I got my hands back on my Viva yesterday before saying good bye to it! There is a tonnes of difference between the cars. I know I'm doing no justice in comparing, but that is not the intention.
Viva felt like a small, filmsy car compared this new tank!!

One thing I liked with this Diesel is, to drive it, it is as good as a petrol car! Why do I say that? Because, it revs up so effortlessly, absolutely no lag (I could notice very little lag, but it was better than Viva!)
When I TD Verna, I felt like driving a diesel in city is going to be a task! but now, I never say that!!

Though I have not yet measure my mileage, It shows on trip meter, about 8.8ltr/100km, still under run-in
Planning to tank-up tomorrow to know exact mileage.

I had used Shell premium last time, thinking of shifting to BP normal Diesel. Any suggestions guys? Is it worth spending extra money (costs 65Rs/ltr at Shell pump) against 39Rs/ltr for normal in BLR.

I read some where that normal is better choice compared to premium.
Old 12th September 2008, 20:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

cool car buddy and cool colour. but as opposed to others, i would have preferred the seats to be in red and black!
enjoy your cool ride mate! sad to see that in such an expensive car, there is no auto climate control.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 21:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is the use of activating anti hijack ?
unlock all doors once key is removed ?
Its locking all your doors at speeds on 20kmph. If you open the door once. it will again lock at 20kmph.
Also ,The car unlocks all doors when key is removed.

Quote:
Though I have not yet measure my mileage, It shows on trip meter, about 8.8ltr/100km, still under run-in
Planning to tank-up tomorrow to know exact mileage.

I had used Shell premium last time, thinking of shifting to BP normal Diesel. Any suggestions guys? Is it worth spending extra money (costs 65Rs/ltr at Shell pump) against 39Rs/ltr for normal in BLR.

I read some where that normal is better choice compared to premium.
Normal is definitely better than premium
however are you sure about the 65Rs per litre ( Sounds like Petrol Prices to me).

Do bear in mind, the trip computer is very decieving. I usually check my efficiency through full-empty-full

or full-100km-full ( to check whether trip computer is correct)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 22:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Normal is definitely better than premium
however are you sure about the 65Rs per litre ( Sounds like Petrol Prices to me)
Abhinav, Thanks for the suggestion. I'm already leaning towards Normal than premium, though Manual mentioned some nomenclature, that I couldn't understand :(
Yes, it is 65Rs/ltr Diesel at Shell station in Bangalore! I was thrown aback when I was told this price at the fuel station, but had no choice but to fill in there, because I had already wasted 45 min to travel last 1km to take a U turn to hit the fuel station. I have already tasted a bit of how woudl diesel dual pricing feel
But good thing is, I seem to get higher mileage than my previous car, so in effect, my monthly expense would not increase... Any way not too much concerned with fuel pricing for the joy of driving this beast....

Quote:
Do bear in mind, the trip computer is very decieving. I usually check my efficiency through full-empty-full

or full-100km-full ( to check whether trip computer is correct)
Yes. I usually used to follow that method, but with the dynamic and average fuel meter on display, I tend to keep observing it
Old 12th September 2008, 22:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
cool car buddy and cool colour. but as opposed to others, i would have preferred the seats to be in red and black!
enjoy your cool ride mate! sad to see that in such an expensive car, there is no auto climate control.
Thanks Raj!
Probably Black+red leather would have looked good as well, but I though with giving a lighter shade to the seats, interior looks little more spacious. At the back seat, I some how don't feel that cramped by the looks at least, as what it appeared on the TD car I had got (though, TD car had gray upholstry)