Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th September 2008, 14:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyanubhav View Post
i am in delhi , and finding a vRS badly
No single vRS is available in black and red .
Silver are avaiable but silver nooo for a vRS .
Easy, buy a Silver one & get it repainted Red!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 11:51   #92
BHPian

Does the cruise control cause loss in mileage? How good is the cruise control in the RS? I havent used it as yet.
redsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 15:15   #93
BHPian

Cruise control if used at speeds of about 80 to 100 kmph on highways, will actually lead to a better fuel efficency.

However, on my cars it's quite difficult to have it turned on for more than a few mins, knowing the traffic condition and driving patterns of other motorists on our highways.

I once did a late evening drive back from Pondicherry, however and set the car to cruise at approx. 90 kmph. The fuel efficency received at that leg translated to close to 14kmpl for my 240 bhp vRS. ( For a stock car, I'm sure you would be able to squeeze out more ).

Have fun with your car !
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 16:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Does the cruise control cause loss in mileage? How good is the cruise control in the RS? I havent used it as yet.
It's pretty good .

I cruised for 10 odd kms on Greater Noida expressway with the speed set at 80kmph in 5th gear and got a great 6l/100km
(around 16.6kmpl )
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 00:19   #95
BHPian

Whoah thats some awesome numbers you guys have thrown in. Will have to keep the cruise control thingy in my to do list from now on.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:13   #96
BHPian

Used the cruise control last night on the ECR and my car returned an amazing 7l/100kms.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:42   #97
BHPian

wow thats an amazing mileage. That reminds me that i've yet to use my cruise control and lets see what kind of FE i get
ok one thing i want to understand...there are two speakers in the front doors, two tweeters mounted on A pillars and two rear speakers installed in the space provided by skoda. And apart from that there are two slots in rear doors for tweeters..what i want to ask is that are there any tweeters installed in rear doors because i cant feel any sound from there..
meanwhile loving every bit of this beast amazing machine!
ashish22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 11:49   #98
Team-BHP Support

ashish i think the rs does come with tweeters in the rear doors too. it has a 10 speaker system isnt it?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 12:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyanubhav View Post
i am in delhi , and finding a vRS badly
No single vRS is available in black and red .
Silver are avaiable but silver nooo for a vRS .

Any other car in comparison to vrs ???
Chevvy optra royale is my second choice .
A Jetta 1.8T or Audi 1.8T can be compared to the vRS...

You seemed to be in a dilema between the Optra and vRS mate - both are in different leagues - vRS for driving while Optra to be driven.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 12:49   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
wow thats an amazing mileage. That reminds me that i've yet to use my cruise control and lets see what kind of FE i get
ok one thing i want to understand...there are two speakers in the front doors, two tweeters mounted on A pillars and two rear speakers installed in the space provided by skoda. And apart from that there are two slots in rear doors for tweeters..what i want to ask is that are there any tweeters installed in rear doors because i cant feel any sound from there..
meanwhile loving every bit of this beast amazing machine!

I somehow feel the sound system is better in the front rather than the rear. Is this true in your car as well? I do quite a bit of night driving and was wondering if I need stronger lights. Is it possible to get stronger bulbs in the xenons? I have no idea how this xenon thingy works. How much do they cost?
Old 29th September 2008, 15:46   #101
BHPian

yes the sound in front is pretty good and infact i always prefer sound setup with strong front sound quality. Rear speakers are only for background support and not exactly quality. Having strong rear setup would only confuse the sound field.
However at the same time i'm looking forward to change my front speakers with some excellent quality components and would drive the same with an additional amplifier. Rear speakers would be powered by the car's player itself. Also thinking of changing the rear doors tweeters(if thats a good idea). Basically this setup would suit because the car would be 100% self driven.
regarding night driving even i think that xenons are not as good as lets say laura but for city driving they are ok. On highways i have to use high beam to see distant road, as xenons offer limited visibility. I think we can change the xenon lamps to higher intensity but i'm not sure how much worth they would be.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:10   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
yes the sound in front is pretty good and infact i always prefer sound setup with strong front sound quality. Rear speakers are only for background support and not exactly quality. Having strong rear setup would only confuse the sound field.
However at the same time i'm looking forward to change my front speakers with some excellent quality components and would drive the same with an additional amplifier. Rear speakers would be powered by the car's player itself. Also thinking of changing the rear doors tweeters(if thats a good idea). Basically this setup would suit because the car would be 100% self driven.
regarding night driving even i think that xenons are not as good as lets say laura but for city driving they are ok. On highways i have to use high beam to see distant road, as xenons offer limited visibility. I think we can change the xenon lamps to higher intensity but i'm not sure how much worth they would be.
Am just a little worried about changing my ICE setup or anything else as it may cause rattling if not done properly. I love the way the car is now and would rue the fact that I changed something and spoilt it.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:14   #103
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Am just a little worried about changing my ICE setup or anything else as it may cause rattling if not done properly. I love the way the car is now and would rue the fact that I changed something and spoilt it.
True, I`m stuck on my ICE bits too, but I dont want to mess with any speaker mountings etc!
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 16:42   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
ashish i think the rs does come with tweeters in the rear doors too. it has a 10 speaker system isnt it?
It's 8 speaker

2 in the front , 2 tweeters on the rear door , 2 in the rear ( and the rest two i dont know )

Quote:
I somehow feel the sound system is better in the front rather than the rear. Is this true in your car as well? I do quite a bit of night driving and was wondering if I need stronger lights. Is it possible to get stronger bulbs in the xenons? I have no idea how this xenon thingy works. How much do they cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
True, I`m stuck on my ICE bits too, but I dont want to mess with any speaker mountings etc!

Yes , its better at the front than the rear. But who cares , install a good set of components , sub and amp and as vRs is meant to be driven by and not to be driven in , its the front sound which is more important

I dont know about the xenons , but yes they can be upgraded.
Careful with the thing though because if anything goes wrong , its a loss of 35000 INR ( Each light )
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 16:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
2 in the front , 2 tweeters on the rear door , 2 in the rear ( and the rest two i dont know )
add the two tweeters in front A pillars also along with 2 door speakers