Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th December 2008, 21:52   #181
BHPian

yay! thats great news kunal!

am sure your wife would love her "birthday gift"! please wish her on my behalf!

please post yr ownership experiences too.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 12:36   #182
BHPian

thanks a lot everyone! you'll hear from me pretty soon.
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 13:33   #183
BHPian

well i haven't spoken much about the turbo-kick in my review. Well it's a common feature in all three cars The reson i chose this car is I had been a fan of this engine fright from inception.
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 20:03   #184
BHPian

Hi CAD, I have some questions.

After so much running, do you hear any kind of engine rattling sound which is very evident in Swift?

Did you get chance to use rear wipers? are they really useful?

How is the sound quality of ICE in Vista Aura in Default configuration?

Rear foldable seats: do these two sections match perfectely to eachother? or person who sits on 60:40 split border, how does he feel? like an uneven surface?
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:22   #185
BHPian

HI CAD,

I wanted to ask a question to you. Yesterday in the night, I observed a light blinking in the meter dash. This light is like a car and a lock in it. I am not sure what this light is in Vista. Can you help me as this has made me little worried. Does your car also have such a thing. I have vista Aura

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:48   #186
Senior - BHPian

that ought to be the immobilizer light. I think its supposed to be that way
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 17:09   #187
BHPian

If you observed it while the car is NOT in ignition, then its the engine immobilizer.
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 20:09   #188
BHPian

Indica Vista has engine Immobilizer...

Checkout key which has Immobilizer like symbol
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 15:49   #189
BHPian

sorry for the very late reply...had no time to browse this forum since almost a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
After so much running, do you hear any kind of engine rattling sound which is very evident in Swift?
not yet. the car has clocked >6500kms and no rattle heard from any corner.
Quote:
Did you get chance to use rear wipers? are they really useful?
i used it twice till date - both the times when I was caught in unseasonal rains. It is very useful in monsoon when the wet rear windshield distorts the view in the mirror after nightfall.

i have used the defogger a lot tho and its a boon.

a point to remember about the rear wash spray. it would not start spraying water as soon as you press the stalk, but would take a few seconds for the water to come out. the service guys said its because the water has to travel all the way to the back from the tank which is under the hood in the front.

Quote:
How is the sound quality of ICE in Vista Aura in Default configuration?
by default config, do you mean the stock speakers? IMO, the stock speakers would be ok for people who largely listen to old film songs, ghazals or classical music. I prefer thump to go with my rap and rock collection, so I added a pair or rear speakers with a 2 way amp.

the head unit (Clarion) is good. i found no need to replace it.

Quote:
Rear foldable seats: do these two sections match perfectely to eachother? or person who sits on 60:40 split border, how does he feel? like an uneven surface?
there's no problem there. it looks and feels evenly matched and smooth. i have carried 3 in the rear seat many times and no one's complained yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
Yesterday in the night, I observed a light blinking in the meter dash. This light is like a car and a lock in it. I am not sure what this light is in Vista. Can you help me as this has made me little worried. Does your car also have such a thing. I have vista Aura
as others said, it seems to be the immobilizer. it would blink constantly after switching off the car and also removing the key.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:22   #190
BANNED

CAD, late wish but congratulations on ur buy, very nice pics and detailed review of new vista. I suppose first one on bhp, gr8 car and VFM package, Looking for hear more updates by your side.CHEERS!!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 16:24   #191
BANNED

CAD, i too own an indica past 4 years V2 one, there are complains with the services of tata dealers past your warranty period, since which i never took my car to their authorised TASC in past two years, want to know how much have they improvved regarding their efficiency,attitude and quality done in services as compared to few years down, do share, Also other members of TATA cars do share this and give feedback.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 19:04   #192
BHPian

strange problem i expirenced yesterday i was driving my wifes vista qjd and it ran out of power at 80 kph refused to go beyond 80 it was in 5th gear at that time i downshifted and the problem dissappeared
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 11:20   #193

Default Re: Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red

Folks,

I need advice. I was in the need of a Diesel hatchback quick and i picked up the QDJ Aura yesterday. Put around 80kms on it and she runs like a dream. This is the first oil sipper that i have owned and i really like her.

The one thing that i do not like is the stock ICE that came with her. I am not sure whether the problem lies with the Head unit or with the speakers that came along with her.

What i would like is to figure out a way to improve the sound quality w/o having to add a pair to the parcel tray and w/o it costing a bomb. I am on a tight budget here so please do bear that in mind. I have to drive around 60kms a day and not being able to enjoy music is a real downer.

Thanks.
-AA
angryangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 13:56   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
Folks,

The one thing that i do not like is the stock ICE that came with her. I am not sure whether the problem lies with the Head unit or with the speakers that came along with her.

What i would like is to figure out a way to improve the sound quality w/o having to add a pair to the parcel tray and w/o it costing a bomb. I am on a tight budget here so please do bear that in mind. I have to drive around 60kms a day and not being able to enjoy music is a real downer.

Thanks.
-AA
Waking up a long lost thread, are we ? You are better of posting this on the
ICE section

Ask the Gurus - Team-BHP

This thread was supposed to be CAD's review of his Vista
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 11:53   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Waking up a long lost thread, are we ? You are better of posting this on the
ICE section

Ask the Gurus - Team-BHP

This thread was supposed to be CAD's review of his Vista
Thanks for posting me in the right direction mate. CAD's view on the Vista sure helped me a lot too.

Cheers,
-AA
angryangel is offline   Reply With Quote