Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th September 2008, 16:00   #1
Default 7 Months Ownership Experience Honda CIVIC (5600 Km)

Hello To all Team BHPians.
I have recently Joined this forum and was very eager to write my first review on my very favorite Honda CIVIC

How I bought

I was in Germany when the global launch of this generation Honda civic happened and there I saw a completely different model (European Version) but then I visited India for 2-3 weeks and I saw a great looking car on Indian roads, OMG I was astonished on my very first look at this beauty and then I started closely following this car in Indian forums and whenever I could read about this car.
6 months later I came back from Germany for good, I came back to India after 2 years of my stay in Germany so had to complete a lot of things back home before I can go for a car.

By 2007 I started my search for a new car, I always wanted to have Honda civic but then the budget was off by 3L and then after looking at a good amount of vehicles I finally decided to go for Honda City, as I was driving all diesel vehicles so I was more keen for buying a petrol car this time.

I then took test drive of Honda city VTEC, SX4, Scorpio, TATA Safari and few more.
After taking test ride of Honda VTEC+ I was almost certain for that car but at the time of my test drive company executive told me to go for CIVIC because the price difference was only less than 2 Lacs…….. I was like what? Then he told me about the 40K discount on last year models (By That Time was 2008 Jan)

I immediately asked him for a test drive of CIVIC and for the first time I drove civic in and I was like OMG what a car to drive and then I decided to go for CIVIC

Then I called up Prestige Honda Chandigarh and he confirmed about the 40K discount on 2007 year manuf. Model.

Then I went to Chandigarh to buy one for me.
Total Discount –

Canged Model Discount – 40000
Spouse Corporate Discount – 7500 (50 % of Corporate Discount i.e 15000)
NCB for my existing Indica – 18500 (45% NCB discount)
Extended Warranty –FREE

Registration cost in Chandigarh is probably lowest in India it was only 3500 including agent fee J
Finally Bluish Silver Honda CIVIC 1.8 S MT cost me 10.7 L on road. (Isn’t it a great price)

After taking the delivery o my beauty I drove back home and after having Pooja for the car I visited few of my friends in chd and next day morning I drove straight to Noida, I was very curious about the mileage of the car (May be because I was driving an Indica for last 2 years) After reaching Delhi I got it filled again and to my surprise it took only 21 L. of fuel for 300 Km of run including previous day driving in Chandigarh and remaining on highway to delhi.
I was very very happy with this 14+ average and was on cloud nine with this kind of performance and FE.

My car has completed 5600 km in my 7 months of ownership in this period I was out for 3 months.
Till date I have no issue with the suspensions and body hitting road may be because I have never driven it on bad roads with 4-5 people.

1. Superb Driving seat and position along with a great steering wheel
2. Very good looks interior and exterior.
3. Very good engine especially on highway it rocks.
4. I have driven it upto 165 in Chandigarh only (late night) and sound of engine was amazing on those high rev’s
5. Overall FE 12+ with a mix of highway and city driving AC whenever required.
6. Interior are like a cockpit of a fighter plane (almost everyone says this)
7. Really quite on low speed and no rattle at all, on high speeds engine turns to a sports mode automatically and u can enjoy the grunt of VTEC

Some negatives /Concerns
1. Little sound just after you turn the steering wheel (a lot of people have said about this)
2. Initially changing from 2nd to 1st first gear was little hard but now after 3rd service it is very very smooth
3. I had my car parked for around 45 days with hand break on and when I came back there was thud thud sound from back for initial few meters I was little scared and the moment I reached my office I searched Team – BHP forum I got to know few others had the same problem and the solution was no to have hand break for long, I applied the same logic next time and the problem was not there.
4. I think car of this size requires parking sensor’s and I have not found good one till now but would definitely go for it once I find good one.

I last one month I have earned a lot of scratches on my beauty and I am not sure where I have earned those. I have gathered all security guards of my society and given them a hard scold, was very upset with this but after 2 weeks of time I am a little relaxed and thinking of getting them removed once there are a few more (I hope this never happens)

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th September 2008 at 16:10. Reason: Font tags
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 16:30   #2

Thanks for a great and balanced review. We won't let you go until you post us some pictures of your ride though. :-)
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 22:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

10.7 on road for civic is amazing.

Some pics will do better justice to the thread.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 22:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

People in Chandigarh are so lucky. That's a fab price for the car. In Bangalore its almost 13+ lakhs. Enjoy the Civic, its a great car. Ride hard and safe.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 23:08   #5

welcome to team-bhp, lalit bro.
i v been here for long and must say this forum ROCKS, n all folks out here r amazing.
congrats on the civic. 10.7 is an awesome awesome price for a civic. IMO, indian civic is much better than US civic as far as looks go.post some pics too.

BTW, new honda city also looks great!! m impressed.

visit my gallery to see who i m..... lol
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 02:41   #6

Hey there, congrats on your purchase!!! A wise choice!!!
Brosreview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 11:19   #7
Default Thanks

Thanks to you all. Will post some pics very soon.
And Hi Ashwin nice to see you on this forum after so long
Old 30th September 2008, 11:06   #8
Default Photo

Photo at the time of hona delivery ceremony, it was a nice gesture from honda and i was not expecting anything so it was kind of surprize to me
Attached Thumbnails
7 Months Ownership Experience  Honda CIVIC (5600 Km)-dscf5385.jpg