Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th October 2008, 02:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
@ Omar - Beautiful car dude...I saw a 500 in red, sports trim here in Mumbai [Vashi] Pics below...
Hey Mate

Thanks for the pics, thats a lounge version with sports alloys and that car I beleive is owned by FIAT India, because that car was in the magazines if I am not wrong in August for a review.

Cheers

Last edited by Samurai : 5th October 2008 at 09:27. Reason: don't quote the entire post
omaragra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 02:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
OT - I guess you and me are the only people based both in Agra & UK !! I got a shoe business in Agra and a buying house in the UK.
I got a Shoe Business too, send me PM letting me know whats ur company's name is.

Cheers

Last edited by Samurai : 5th October 2008 at 09:28. Reason: don't quote the entire post
Old 5th October 2008, 08:03   #33

Nice car! And good choice of colour as well. It takes 4 months for delivery??
nandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 08:15   #34
BHPian

congrtz dude!
ur bound to make heads turn,mouths open and eyes widen once u take that baby for a spin near the taj mahal
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 08:52   #35
BHPian

@Lalvaz - Hey all, it is very difficult to get tired of this car because you buy it in the first place by falling in love with it.

And, yes waiting to read Omars' reaction of the car. We wrote a report quite some time back and liked it. But, another perspective is always nice to read about.
Brosreview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 11:41   #36
BHPian

Fiat 500 looks a beauty, quite a head turner but i wonder if the spares are going to be really expensive because the 500 is a CBU.
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 12:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

omar, the white color of fiat 500 probably has more appeal, anyway ultimately i ve learnt its not what colour your car is outside, its what features its got inside and the ride quality that makes you satisfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
I got a Shoe Business too, send me PM letting me know whats ur company's name is.

Cheers
good now i know two guys who deal in things other than cars here
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 18:22   #38
BHPian

Congrats Omar. Which color are you looking for? and may know how is its service in India?
cvvikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 22:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dude
Congrats on the car
Would love to see some detailed pics and a good detailed report on the same.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 23:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

buddy congrats for the car hope you get the delivery soon!

@vkochar i am also based in agra so i think we should meet

some day.

regards
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 23:17   #41
BHPian

Cheers Guys

Sure Ill Post the pics when I get the car !!
Old 6th October 2008, 00:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. I think I know your family

Let me know when you are coming to Agra Omar and then we can talk. Looking forward to a detailed review of your car and hopefully in person. Cheers !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 11:27   #43
BHPian

3 Different people from fiat called me about 5 times in the last 2 months asking me to go and see the car at the FIAT Showroom near my place, so I sauntered down there two days back, it is a TATA showroom shared by FIAT, when I asked to see the car, the guy came to me and said, "Sir, This is wonderful car, with all high-end features like the Indica Vista, but it very expensive sir, more than 18 lakh" I explained, "I have no qualms about pricing tell me about the car" --- "Sir This car has the world famous Fiat Multi-turbojet-with special booster, the same engine as the indica Vista" Me: "The backseat isn't very comfortable" --- he: "Sir, you should wait for the Nano to come, it has back seat comfort too" ---- i had no words !!! He explained why the indica Vista and Tata Nano are better than this car much more than when I asked about delivery time. I was quite taken aback, I didnt expect this kind of response, to a potential customer for thier priciest, and the best in the stable right now.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 11:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Its due to the fact that Tata wants their cars to sell over the Fiat ones.

If you like it , stick to it. That's what i'd say.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 11:41   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
He explained why the indica Vista and Tata Nano are better than this car much more than when I asked about delivery time. I was quite taken aback, I didnt expect this kind of response, to a potential customer for thier priciest, and the best in the stable right now.
Don't worry, some of these sales chaps think very differently. When I was test driving the GV last year, the sales chap who brought the TD vehicle made a very sincere appeal to me "Sir, why don't you test drive the SX4, it is very good?" In my shock I asked why I should consider SX4 over GV, he said SX4 has better FE than GV. He was trying to save me from a terrible mistake, or so he thought.

Same way your dealer is also trying to save you from Fiat 500 mistake.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote