Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th June 2007, 18:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Pardon me but a 102bhp engine and 20kgm torque on a 2300 kilo vehicle is far from powerful. The power:weight is 44bhp/tonne which is absolutely laughable . I'm guessing that to reach the ton, it'll need more than 20 seconds.

Giving rear drums brakes on such a heavy vehicle is stupid as well as dangerous. Atleast the top end model of the Innova which is well north of 10 lacs should have had discs in front and rear.
You have got your figures horribly wrong here... Innova weighs around 160XX kgs, thats the diesel, the petrol is lighter.

@BUSA.... Innova is anything but underpowered. I dont go by figures alone, its goes into three digit speeds easily. 8 people including the driver, AC on at full blast, 5th gear at 50 kph and it still aceelerated going up a flyover without a protest... beat that! and I was at the wheel.

The interiors in my humble opinion are better than most cars below 10 lakh rupees and possibly the best thing about this car.
The ride is amazing, next only to safari. On plain roads the best way to describe it would be silk... its just so smooth. I ever I buy an MUV, it will be this.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 19:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^ Looks like you need a refresher. Innova weighs 2240 and 2290KG for the petrol and diesel. 102 bhp and 20kgm torque for a 2300 kilo vehicle is horribly underpowered whatever one might say. I intend to TD the vehicle soon and shall post my impressions.

http://toyotabharat.com/inen/cars/innova/specs.asp

Last edited by reignofchaos : 14th June 2007 at 19:04.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 19:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

his figures are right about the weight... but reignofchaos, i suggest you drive it.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 19:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys there is no denying that the interiors of the Innova are nice, the MUV is the best in its segment, leagues ahead of the Tavera, and is extremely comfortable, but it can do with more power.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 19:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^ Looks like you need a refresher. Innova weighs 2240 and 2290KG for the petrol and diesel. 102 bhp and 20kgm torque for a 2300 kilo vehicle is horribly underpowered whatever one might say. I intend to TD the vehicle soon and shall post my impressions.

http://toyotabharat.com/inen/cars/innova/specs.asp
Dude thats the "gross weight". For the meaning of the term "gross weight" for automobiles.... see this gross weight: Definition and Much More from Answers.com

See this link for the specs of corolla.... including the gross and kerb weight
Toyota - Corolla

Gross weight = Vehicle weight with all the lubricants and fuel + Weight of Passengers + Cargo

I hope I made myself clear this time.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 14th June 2007 at 19:40.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:33   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys there is no denying that the interiors of the Innova are nice, the MUV is the best in its segment, leagues ahead of the Tavera, and is extremely comfortable, but it can do with more power.
i agree.. cant wait for the petes box to come out.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Whatever you guys may say. I say the Innova is the best package on offer in the Indian market today. Its really that good. Power or no power, i've driven the innova and it doesn't feel at all like what the figures suggest.

Drifter
drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 20:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

I found Innova quite OK as far as city driving limits are concerned. Its got good amounts of torque, which helps. Above 80kmph, it does get boomy inside. Other than that, the ride quality is good, but not as good as i expected to be.

Last edited by DCEite : 14th June 2007 at 20:27.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 20:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Dude thats the "gross weight". For the meaning of the term "gross weight" for automobiles.... see this gross weight: Definition and Much More from Answers.com

See this link for the specs of corolla.... including the gross and kerb weight
Toyota - Corolla

Gross weight = Vehicle weight with all the lubricants and fuel + Weight of Passengers + Cargo

I hope I made myself clear this time.
Hm... sorry for the mixup. In that case, Innova ain't that underpowered atleast from specs... assuming it weighs 1600 kg. There's no denying the fact that its the best package for a people carrier/soccer mom car.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 20:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Innova isnt underpowered at all... power to weight ratio for Innova taking weight as 1600 kgs is around 64 bhp/tonnne where for skoda its 67 bhp/tonne... and Innova is a people carrier.
Old 18th July 2007, 18:56   #41
BHPian

I still have'nt bought the Innova Yet, Off late Innova Ad's seem to be everywhere- Are we expecting a new model anytime soon.

Like the Type 2 Wagon R ad's( Different Race-Cute Rafting Chick Ad) came quite often and then after a month or two of the Ad campaign the New Wagon R came along.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 18th July 2007 at 18:57.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:42   #42
BHPian

Toyota will launch a New Innova by next september , and the looks will be stunning
AUTO_CRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 08:49   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_CRAZY View Post
Toyota will launch a New Innova by next september , and the looks will be stunning
what proof do you have of that? any source?
Old 24th October 2007, 08:56   #44
BANNED

Hey Auto_Crazy, thats an exciting news . Could you tell us more details or point us to the source of this news? If you could post pictures of the new Innova, nothing better than that !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_CRAZY View Post

Last edited by diabloo : 24th October 2007 at 09:01.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 09:02   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey Auto_Crazy, thats an exciting news . Could you tell us more details or point us to the source of this news? If you could post pictures of the new Innova, nothing better than that !!!
yes, even i would love to see these new pictures.

going by the corolla i dont think well have a new innova for the next few years. infact theyll probably just facelift it with new headlights and taillights and maybe climate control.