Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd November 2008, 18:48   #61

Friends, I am considering to buy one of these : Swift Vxi or Palio 1.6
Which should I go for ? Honest advice please.
deardaljit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:02   #62
BHPian

Do a test drive of both and choose which you like the most.

Both of them have their own Pro's and Con's.
lightpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

I say throw the swift VDi into the mix as well. Its an entirely different beast - and you might be surprised
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 15:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deardaljit View Post
Friends, I am considering to buy one of these : Swift Vxi or Palio 1.6
Which should I go for ? Honest advice please.
It all depends what you want from your car!

Put down your requirements and compare the 2 in terms of Performance/Ride handling/Maintainence/Mileage/Features/A.S.S

Regarding the Pros and Cons of owning a Palio 1.6 and Swift, this have been discussed to death. You can search the forums and decide like how I did!

My Personal view: Palio 1.6 is a VFM car for lovers and not for person looking for traveliing A -> B . I've not regretted my decision and so other Palio owners!

Cheers~
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:19   #65
BHPian

Thumbs up Clocked 2000kms

Yesterday been to Madh Island which is around 2hrs journey,48kms from my place...had fun with its cornering, road handling and soaking all the road bumps! You don't just feel to stop unless nature calls you to!

Met my grandfather's relative there who is 74 and had a car garage. He made me feel proud to own a Palio since knew the ride quality of FIAT cars and told me anyone who would be driving a non-fiat cars would be impressed with its ride ending up being obsessed with it after comparing with their own cars(except its A.S.S effect)!

The same was quoted by the TATA service delivery and mechanics in charge!

One thing I observed, if you ask any technical person knows about Cars, they will give thumbs up for FIAT cars "if compared to Marutis and Hyundais" in regards for ride quality and also since they age well than others but the later are best rated for their A.S.S which I too agree!

But I'm glad I made the right decision. I hope the upcoming Linea comes as the lady luck for FIAT!

Cheers~
Old 25th November 2008, 16:23   #66
BHPian

Angry The First blood!

Had been to visit my friend who got her new Vista Safire! So parked my Palio outside her building in the narrow lane road but she insisted to park in the adjacent narrow lane under the shade! I said ok!

Went with her on her Vista to buy some accessories and when I came back, it was a shocker of my life!!

Damn...some pervert made a full scratches from the left portion of the car above the tyres to the front door till the back door on the right hand side of the car!

Wondering if some vehicle is the culprit or some nut! Because 4 feet away a Santro was also parked which also had a deep long scratches on the same side as my car!

I've attached pics of it but I'm not sure if you can see it clearly as its taken from my mobile!

The front portion has deep long white scrathes and on the rear door multiple scratches like somebody splashed paint on it!

It had left me in sleepless nights! It pains me every time I see it! Its just 3 month old baby!

Since this "Formula Red" is a unique color only available in Palio 1.6 version hence i'm skeptical of the paint job if done.

How can this be repaired or should I leave it as it is?
Attached Thumbnails
Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-22112008701.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-22112008702.jpg  

Old 25th November 2008, 16:28   #67
BHPian

oh no! what a shame! better give it back to fiat to be repainted else you might not get a color match. expensive yes, but worth it.

btw, can u review the Safire? many here are waiting for it...
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 16:45   #68
BHPian

Angry Morning Saga ends with agony!

Forgot to mention!

It was a worst Saturday for me!

Me and wifey were on the way to drop her to office. I was at 20km speed a biker was in front of me. Just in sometime he decided to stop in the middle of nowhere . I just didnt had the reaction time and i bumped him even while applying brakes at the same time. He was pushed 2 feet away.

As usual he started blaming me and recounting my driving skills! Hell Yeah! I knew I had received some amt of damaged on the bumper side. Checked later to find that a small portion of the paint had peeled of from the Fog lamp structure as well as a small scratch on the bumper!

Moved ahead..and cruising at 80km speed, when suddenly I come across a bypass road wherein a APE truck decides to cut my lane and slow me down all of a sudden! Luckily in time i got to apply the brakes! Phew!

I was just explaining my wife how it hurts when somebody foolishly bumps the car even though you are not in the picture and right after leaving her to office, the next incident shared above happend

Luckily i'm left with deep long scratches and no dents!
Old 25th November 2008, 16:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
oh no! what a shame! better give it back to fiat to be repainted else you might not get a color match. expensive yes, but worth it.

btw, can u review the Safire? many here are waiting for it...
Is it wise to give a touch up or repaint the doors completely( dont think if this is a good idea)? Also with Insurance or without?

Basic feedback of Vista Safire is posted at this link. I'm no techno expert in TDs:
lhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1066080-post564.html
Old 25th November 2008, 16:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Is it wise to give a touch up or repaint the doors completely( dont think if this is a good idea)? Also with Insurance or without?
a touch up job is ok if the affected area is very small not easily noticeable. i dont know if a touch up would cover the scratches well, that too in the red color. better to speak to the workshop guys.

painting would be expensive, so go for insurance.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 17:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Had been to visit my friend who got her new Vista Safire! So parked my Palio outside her building in the narrow lane road but she insisted to park in the adjacent narrow lane under the shade! I said ok!

Went with her on her Vista to buy some accessories and when I came back, it was a shocker of my life!!

Damn...some pervert made a full scratches from the left portion of the car above the tyres to the front door till the back door on the right hand side of the car!

Wondering if some vehicle is the culprit or some nut! Because 4 feet away a Santro was also parked which also had a deep long scratches on the same side as my car!

I've attached pics of it but I'm not sure if you can see it clearly as its taken from my mobile!

The front portion has deep long white scrathes and on the rear door multiple scratches like somebody splashed paint on it!

It had left me in sleepless nights! It pains me every time I see it! Its just 3 month old baby!

Since this "Formula Red" is a unique color only available in Palio 1.6 version hence i'm skeptical of the paint job if done.

How can this be repaired or should I leave it as it is?
Subodh, that hurts! In fact, I got similar scratches (much fainter) on my left door on Saturday and I don't know how. Most probably some idiot walking on the road.

In 2004, a friend's German Shepherd put his front legs on my Zen's bonnet and had his share of scratching them in front of my eyes. ScratchOut did a good job in reducing the visibility of the scratches. However, the color was Silky Silver.

Before you try touching up / repainting the doors, I'd suggest you try scratchout. I have a bottle at home, and if you wish we could sample it on a small portion to see if it helps your case. Also, I've stopped counting the scratches and blemishes on my car. While driving (or even parked) in Mumbai, it is impossible to have a scratchless car. Fix one, another appears!

Let me know if I can help you with the scratches.

EDIT: I'm positive that the scratches shown in your first picture can be reduced to about 50-70% visibility. The scratch shown in the second picture looks deep.

Cheers!
DueLLeR

Last edited by DueLLeR : 25th November 2008 at 17:17.
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 17:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Subodh, that hurts! In fact, I got similar scratches (much fainter) on my left door on Saturday and I don't know how. Most probably some idiot walking on the road.

In 2004, a friend's German Shepherd put his front legs on my Zen's bonnet and had his share of scratching them in front of my eyes. ScratchOut did a good job in reducing the visibility of the scratches. However, the color was Silky Silver.

Before you try touching up / repainting the doors, I'd suggest you try scratchout. I have a bottle at home, and if you wish we could sample it on a small portion to see if it helps your case. Also, I've stopped counting the scratches and blemishes on my car. While driving (or even parked) in Mumbai, it is impossible to have a scratchless car. Fix one, another appears!

Let me know if I can help you with the scratches.

EDIT: I'm positive that the scratches shown in your first picture can be reduced to about 50-70% visibility. The scratch shown in the second picture looks deep.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Yeah and its so agonizing view whenever I reach to unlock the door :(

hmmm sure will meet up and check if that scratchOut helps! Yes, I'm more worried about the second picture of the deep scratch!

BTW..how is your car doing? Is it restored back to normal?

I'm sorry couldnt call you up. I'll try in evening.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

looks like a cyclist / biker lost his balance. My Formula Red GTX has a similar scratch on the front RHS door - i felt really bad - touched it up and polised it at a local garage - you can feel the scratch but you cannot see the scratch from a distance.

Fix it and Forget about it - That is all i can say.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 18:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
looks like a cyclist / biker lost his balance. My Formula Red GTX has a similar scratch on the front RHS door - i felt really bad - touched it up and polised it at a local garage - you can feel the scratch but you cannot see the scratch from a distance.

Fix it and Forget about it - That is all i can say.
How did u managed to get the Formula Red color touched up? Did you find any difference in the touch up work? I heard from experiences that if the paint job is not done good then it shows the shoddy job in some time!!

I'm still under Free service and I know Authorised centre may charge me bomb thou havent taken a estimation yet!
Old 25th November 2008, 18:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

it is not formula red - but it did the job - you can feel the scratch but you cannot see it from a distance.

F.A.S.S. (not the tata-fiat a.s.s.) in kolkata charges Rs. 1250/- for a simple polish job. i got it done at a local garage for 250/-
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote