Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2008, 10:21   #286
BHPian

How do you compare Fiesta 1.6 S with ANHC. I am seeing only one plus point over Fiesta for ANHC and that is exterios looks. In all other aspects I think Fiesta is the winner.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:55   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
How do you compare Fiesta 1.6 S with ANHC. I am seeing only one plus point over Fiesta for ANHC and that is exterios looks. In all other aspects I think Fiesta is the winner.
You check out the Fiesta vs ANHC thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...esta-1-6s.html (New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S) - it speaks for itself.
Old 9th November 2008, 21:15   #288
BHPian

Good review vivekji05

Some have i am not happy with this :( it could have been better
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 2008-11-09_211140.bmp (360.9 KB, 390 views)
Old 9th November 2008, 23:40   #289
BHPian

Had been to Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road today. Unfortunately they do not have one display piece even! Ironically they have four numbers of 2nd generation NHC on display. Apparently they have just one vehicle in Bangalore which alternates with their other showroom!! And got to know that it will take another 10-12 days before they will be able to make TD vehicle available.
Old 10th November 2008, 00:02   #290
Senior - BHPian

I was told by an ex-Honda-dealer employee, that the scarcity of the new car is due to some tough stance by Honda. Apparently dealers are expected to push/clear out NHC inventories and then get the new cars on some ratio based on old car sales.
This is just one person's feedback - can't confirm anything.
Heard only one dealer in Kolkata has the new car. I stay near another dealership. For almost a month now, all i've seen there are NHC's. Not even Civics, Accords, CR-Vs.
Old 10th November 2008, 06:55   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I was told by an ex-Honda-dealer employee, that the scarcity of the new car is due to some tough stance by Honda. Apparently dealers are expected to push/clear out NHC inventories and then get the new cars on some ratio based on old car sales.
This is just one person's feedback - can't confirm anything.
Heard only one dealer in Kolkata has the new car. I stay near another dealership. For almost a month now, all i've seen there are NHC's. Not even Civics, Accords, CR-Vs.
Considering the number of 2nd generation NHC lying around, there could be very much truth in this. Another reason is that, initial plan was to roll out the 3rd generation cars from new Rajasthan plant but due to recession, Honda now delayed commissioning of Rajasthan plant, instead want to produce from their Noida plant itself. This change would have upset the schedules.
Old 10th November 2008, 15:47   #292
Senior - BHPian

OT :

I had watched NDTV Car & Bike show yesterday which had featured New City vs competition. Here comes the best part :

New City vs Aveo 1.4 (How) vs SX4.

Now why was the 1.6 Aveo not included? They didnt feature Fiesta or Verna petrol since they sell mostly in diesel it seems. Verna i understand but Fiesta S? As expected Honda was crowned the winner.
Old 10th November 2008, 15:53   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
OT :

I had watched NDTV Car & Bike show yesterday which had featured New City vs competition. Here comes the best part :

Now why was the 1.6 Aveo not included? They didnt feature Fiesta or Verna petrol since they sell mostly in diesel it seems. Verna i understand but Fiesta S? As expected Honda was crowned the winner.
Karan, Thanks for sharing the JOKE For the first time the ANHC made me laugh merrily!

Last edited by Path_Finder : 10th November 2008 at 15:54.
Old 10th November 2008, 17:18   #294
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
OT :

And what is worse is that moron went on talking about the performance issues with Aveo and SX4, but made no mention about the performance of City. All that he had to talk about ANHC was that it gives a boost to ego of the owner owing to its bigger size and appeal And he talked about the Civic type steering wheel.

Nothing about the performance of the car.

Oh yeah! how can i forget; he talked about the headlamp design for 2 min
Old 10th November 2008, 18:10   #295
Senior - BHPian

Fully agreed. I got to watch the program and actually thought I'll write a mail to ndtv and yell at them for having such a hopeless show.

What was he trying to compare? He just spoke about the three cars, said something about the style and then that was about it. A Team Bhpian would have done a better job !!!

Obviously he doesn't know about any "performance" issue with the City as its new. :-)

I liked the looks of the ANHC too, but other than that and the specs he didn't mention anything. What about back seat space? He didn't even show it. Thigh support, how much can you push the seats back, storage space, boot space.... None of these were compared.

And finally he crowned it all by saying the reason the ANHC is a winner is becoz it gives a boost to the owner who wants something better than the neighbour !! Of all the cheek...

I hate that music too..... It like a hen clucking when it lays an egg.
Old 10th November 2008, 19:56   #296
BHPian

guys auto shows dont have our "Mindset" they say what the audience want to hear. haha.

what i have come to know is that. the old vtec is now not that far from this ANHC but yes it doesnt give the same feel as the OHC VTEC
that was a master piece and will always be..
this brother comes close to the master piece but not a replacement.
thats all.

so decide for yourself. want a good time at the wheel go buy an OHC Vtec second hand. want something new but still kind of like OHC Vtec then ANHC is your answer peace out.

sameel
Old 11th November 2008, 11:54   #297
BHPian

Exclamation

is there any re-run of the NDTV Car & Bike?
Old 11th November 2008, 12:31   #298
BHPian

@ Path_Finder: Any idea of discounts going on the outgoing model (as OTR)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Had been to Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road today. Unfortunately they do not have one display piece even! Ironically they have four numbers of 2nd generation NHC on display. Apparently they have just one vehicle in Bangalore which alternates with their other showroom!! And got to know that it will take another 10-12 days before they will be able to make TD vehicle available.
Old 11th November 2008, 17:54   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@ Path_Finder: Any idea of discounts going on the outgoing model (as OTR)?
Sorry AirWind, no idea! I did not check at all. In fact I ridiculed the sales guy for having a row of outgoing model lined up saying I do not want to turn my head that side at all! I just spend some time inspecting the Civic sport and the hybrid!
Old 11th November 2008, 23:09   #300
BHPian

discounts range from 35000 on gxi to 85000 for vtec plus, CVT i dont have any idea
Closed Thread