Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 9th October 2008, 14:51   #121

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th October 2008 at 20:11. Reason: See note.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:51   #122
BHPian

Great Review ... but as asked by few more people here what was the FE figures.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:54   #123
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review and a great looking car, i shall not make any further remark on the car till i drive it though As usual we can expect Honda to use its "premium image in India" to over price it.
Old 9th October 2008, 16:04   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Excellent review and a great looking car, i shall not make any further remark on the car till i drive it though As usual we can expect Honda to use its "premium image in India" to over price it.
me too thot so - but saw the pricing in the HONDA showroom ( gurgaon ) and atleast its not overpriced in comparison with the NHC

the NHC VTEC is around 9.28 on road and the ANHC top end - dont know the variant name - was 9.29

thats a good deal in comparison

same way, the base ANHC if i remember right was almost same as the NHC-GXI

but i still feel HONDA can have a IDSI variant at the bottom end of the rack unless the JAZZ is slated to fit that slot
Old 9th October 2008, 16:30   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The best way is to keep the stock tyres with you and when its time to go to service just change the alloy tyres with the stock ones. We had been doing it for years to beat there so called warranty system which is mainly designed so dealer can make more money by selling those crap alloys at more price they have at dealership.

Good idea. I was thinking of that and you shot it with your idea. Perhaps one should retain the stock wheels and tyres until the warranty period is over.
Old 9th October 2008, 17:19   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
The city has been subjected to a crash test not sure of NCAP. I was shown the video of the crash test with 50percent offset, against a Honda Legend
Ok, that's an internal test done by Honda. European and American agencies will also test it and give it a star rating.
Old 9th October 2008, 17:25   #127
BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Ok, that's an internal test done by Honda. European and American agencies will also test it and give it a star rating.
yep they can't sell in those markets without obtaining a safety rating (elk test, crash test, et al)
I am not sure if for india there is some mandatory testing carried for rating manufacturers' new vehicles before sales begin

Last edited by jassi : 9th October 2008 at 17:26.
Old 9th October 2008, 17:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Good idea. I was thinking of that and you shot it with your idea. Perhaps one should retain the stock wheels and tyres until the warranty period is over.
I am not totally aware of the situation with other manufacturers, but how strict is his warranty clause, does it apply to alloys or upsized tyres or both? Since a lot of folks upsize I would imagine there has to be a way around to upsize and yet retain your warranty? It will be a pity if this car has to be used with 175.

This workaround of changing tyres every time one goes for service is a bit involved, you would have to rebalance and align after too.

As an aside I am considering the S version, but I work in technology marketing and more than 40% of revenues come from US/Europe BFSI sector which is tanking by the day, our fourth quarter which is usually the best is not looking good infact its rubbish, all hiring is frozen, all letters to edu institutes here and abroad are being withdrawn, Unless there is improvement in the first quarter of 09 there is a very big change of 'rationalization' in the BFSI teams and this is definitely cause for concern. Without this latest crisis this would have been an easier decision. I am tempted but I might just hold off untill second quarter 09.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:51   #129
BHPian

Default @vivekji05

between you should have also clicked some pictures of the boot,map lights, storage etc..
anyways can you tell me the difference between "supeior" S model and "inferior" S model?? since i have recently visited hondacarindia.com and it just shows 3 model - 1.5E M/T, 1.5S M/T and 1.5 A/T.
does the city have Electrically Retractable Power Outer Mirrors, immobiliser, vanity mirrors on both the driver and passenger seat, keyless entry with alarm and outside temperature display?
Old 10th October 2008, 10:23   #130
BHPian

Default How abt Ground Clearance

Guys - How abt the Ground Clearance? Is it as bad as Fiesta?

My Fiesta hugs the speed brakers quite often when it is fully loaded.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:35   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennius View Post
anyways can you tell me the difference between "supeior" S model and "inferior" S model?? since i have recently visited hondacarindia.com and it just shows 3 model - 1.5E M/T, 1.5S M/T and 1.5 A/T.
Not sure about the difference, but the trimmed down E will be sold beginning January 09. It's only S until then.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:45   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I am not totally aware of the situation with other manufacturers, but how strict is his warranty clause, does it apply to alloys or upsized tyres or both?
raul, in my case, for a Fiesta 1.6. I upsized both my tyres and put in non-Ford alloys. I checked with the warranty section and they assured me that they had no problems with it and that the warranty for the rest of the car held good. I got that documented on email as well. They did tell me,however, that an upsize from R14 to R15, had I gone for it, could have been be a potential issue and they would have needed to check. ( but thanks to iraghava/kpzen in the tyres section, they anyway advised against that)

Quote:
This workaround of changing tyres every time one goes for service is a bit involved, you would have to rebalance and align after too.
painful..in which case, probably not worth the effort.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:47   #133
BHPian

@ Viviekji
Your review is making lots of new customers for G3 Honda City. Anyway Thanks for super review and great pics. I just wish you'd have shown pics of rear leg room and boot
Old 10th October 2008, 12:26   #134
BHPian

Really Great pics & review Vivekji....appreciate it...
Old 10th October 2008, 15:09   #135
BHPian

Great pictures Due.
Thanks
Closed Thread