Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th October 2008, 07:56   #1
BHPian

Cool Booked a 3GHC!! (Honda City)

Didn't know where to post this!

Just bought a brand new Honda City ZX GXi - the current stock which is being offered with a discount. It's a Carbon Bronze Pearl color. I should get delivery by tomorrow or sometime before the weekend.

I was originally rooting for the SX4 (PS 102@5500, T 145@4200, ABS, dual airbags, higher ground clearance, 205/60 R16, bigger car, etc.) but dad wouldn't budge from the "Honda is Honda" thing and went ahead and got it. I tried to get him to wait for the new City 2008, but thats like over 1.5L more, so that's outta the way.

I'm probably going to try and buy the SX4 ZXi on my own later.

- Aalaap
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 08:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Wow Aalaap, its been ages since you posted.
Congratulations on the new acquisition.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 08:11   #3
BHPian

Congratulations Aalaap. I have the same car and I am close to clocking 20K km in about 1.4 years and so far my experience has been great. Am sure that the car is loaded with mag wheels and fog lamps.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 08:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations buddy.
Btw, I guess this should go to the ownership thread soon.
Also, please update us with the cost, discounts etc.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 08:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
Didn't know where to post this!

Just bought a brand new Honda City ZX GXi -

I was originally rooting for the SX4, but dad wouldn't budge from the "Honda is Honda" thing and went ahead and got it.

I'm probably going to try and buy the SX4 ZXi on my own later.

- Aalaap
Hey Aalaap, That is wonderful! Congrats and welcome to the HONDA family. You dont have to worry, Its a great car! you'll love it soon and Oh! BTW, your Dad Seems to know BEST
But jokes aside - All the Best ! and let us know details of discounts, and also if you are spicing up the ICE etc
Cheers!
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 09:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Aalaap- Congrats. I think atleast with same budget you would have got the Base version E of the New City. Anyways enjoy your ride. Also throw some light on the discount you got.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 09:54   #7
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Alaap.

Guess this was the right place for the thread

Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports - Team-BHP
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 10:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy Aalaap!

So, what was the OTR price that you paid? Discounts / Freebies?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 12:45   #9
BHPian

Congrats. Any info that you can share on the nature / quantum of discounts going on this and other NHC variants would be helpful indeed.
swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 00:44   #10
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@Aalaap- Congrats. I think atleast with same budget you would have got the Base version E of the New City. Anyways enjoy your ride. Also throw some light on the discount you got.
Haha.. i went and managed to convince dad to go for the new 2008 City instead of the ZX GXi!

We booked the E (9.06) instead of the S (9.66) because the only major differences are...
  • beige interiors
  • height adjustable seats
  • integrated in dash audio system with steering mounted controls

The rest is **** like mud flaps, vanity mirrors and passenger side rear seat compartment ... like puhleeeeez!

I figured... interiors can always be changed later, seats i can live with, and the audio system is FAIL because it doesnt play DVDs. I'm considering a AVH-P6000DVD (touch screen, 7" screen, dvd, bluetooth, blah). So I'd rather save 60k and get the E and spend the money on the better system and stuff.

The delivery of the S will happen around mid-december but for the E i will have to wait till Jan or maybe even Feb. :-\ But still, i think the wait is worth the 60k that I'll save.

Yeah, it's been a while since I posted anything here.. but that's because I've done nothing to my Zen and Esteem other than the two Pioneer HUs and a decent set of speakers, and it didn't look like I was going to do anything more interesting to them anytime soon.

Now that I (will) have the City, I've decided to kit it and v-kool it in the very first month of getting it. The ICE can probably wait for another month or two.

Thank you all for the welcome!

- Aalaap
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 03:50   #11
BHPian

Wink

Wow ! its just keeps getting better, Way to go Aalaap! that was good convincing and Congrats!
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 04:07   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

@aalaap - congrats for being able to change your dad's mind. hope you get the delivery soon. also please ask the mods to update the heading saying that you have booked the 3GHC... congrats once more.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 06:12   #13
BHPian

Great decision Aalaap. I drove the New City and found that it is miles ahead of anything we have now. Although the outgoing City is a no nonsense buy, the new one makes better sense as being fun to drive, almost equally fuel efficient and above all stylish.

After showing the pics of the new city, you didnt have to try any hard to convince your dad, did you?
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 08:34   #14
F50
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Aalaap and that too with a great piece of news.
I know a new car was on the list since a long time but New Honda City nice choice better than SX4. Im with you dad here

I dont have to walk long to checkout the car
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 09:13   #15
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aalaap, and welcome back!
Do share photographs and on-the-road price.
Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote