Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th October 2008, 20:11   #1
Cool Getz Prime 1.3 GLS - 120 Km Report

Hola Folks!
And first of all a heartiest thanks to all members here, whose reviews helped me make my final decision.
I finally got my Getz Prime 1.3 GLS delivered to me yesterday. I wanted to take the delivery on an auspicious day, and yesterday was as good as it Getz .

So anyways. I bought the car from Sanjay Hyundai in Wakdevadi, Pune. I test drove the Getz, Palio Sport, Swift Diesel, and U-Va. Finally settled on the Getz, as it matched my requirements in terms of price, space, drivability and comfort.

After I shortlisted the car, it was time to short list the dealers. There are 2 major Hyundai dealers in Pune, Sanjay Automobiles and Kothari Hyundai. I went to Sanjay; first, the sales guy assigned to be was very good at his job. He could explain to me all the little nuances (which I picked up from Team BHP), before buying the car- parts details, service details, underlying technology etc. The guy was fluent with his facts, and honest. The quoted price on road was 5.26. I negotiated with him till the last day of the Hyundai 10 year celebration offer (10k off or Gold Coin), and took a cash discount of 21.5k. In addition to this I also made him agree to give me the benefits of any Diwali scheme that Hyundai launched. It took a little arm twisting and he agreed to that as well. So my minimum assured cash discount was 21.5 k. The other accessories included full cabin and boot matting, and I exchanged my tubed tires for Michelin tubeless ones for 2k.

I visited Kothari Hyundai on a Sunday, and they generally open shop only till 1:30 pm on Sundays (I wonder how much business sense this makes!!), and I reached at 1. The sales guy was totally useless. He could not answer most of my queries, and seemed to be hurry. The overall attitude cheesed me off, and I zeroed in on Sanjay Automobiles.

Now came the financing part. I planned to finance the car about 60%. The finance DSA at Sanjay offered me a rate of 2335 / lac/month. When I approached HDFC (my corporate account is with them), they offered me a rate of 2269 / lac/month. I negotiated and bought it down to 2239 / lac/month. Again, I was fortunate to have a diligent and honest sales guy assigned to me!

I made the Downpayment on Saturday, and on Thursday got my car. HDFC kept to its commitment and so did Sanjay Hyundai. If anyone is planning to buy a Hyundai, and get finance from HDFC, do PM me and I will give you the numbers of both the sales guys.

I got the car delivered with an ODO reading of 33km. Since then, I have crossed over 100km. The car is handling like a dream. The AC is powerful at all speeds. Sometime I feel that the car is a little slow in pick up, but what the heck...i can live with that. Overall the acceleration is not too bad. I have been driving around with 4 passengers, and no one has complained of lack of space till now. So that meets one of my objectives.

The color is Dynasty Red, and I will soon upload some pics in my garage. Tomorrow I plan to add a little ICE.

Getz Prime 1.3 GLS - 120 Km Report-getz-prime-gls.jpg
Next report will be at 2000k.

Once again, thanks a Gazillion all you guys! It wouldn't have been possible to zero in on this car with Team BHP.
k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 22:19   #2

congrats on you purchase,the colour looks great,keep updating the thread in future
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 22:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats K10 on getting your new car . A great choice. As you have already opted for new shoes, get some sporty alloys fitted. It would look great on your Getz.

Your judgement of the car being a little "slow" is right. This sluggishness could be felt especially in 2nd gear and would sometimes leave us frustrated in traffic.

Nevertheless, it is a great car and backed by efficient service from Hyundai, i am sure your experience would be a very pleasant one. Happy driving....
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 23:12   #4

Nice color too.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the car.
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 05:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.. The rear space is good in Getz ,comfortable for 2.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 06:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Nice choice, and you did get a good offers.
Yes, alloys will do a lot of justice to this cars look. Update us once you decide for it.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 13:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Great choice. The car is best in class other than the slightly low pickup, because of lesser power to weight ratio.

PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 13:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey great choice of car and the colour, hope u have many a miles of safe driving on your new ride. as for the slowlness i guess it will only get better as the engine settles down some more. Hoping to hear more great reviews from you on the car soon.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 14:58   #9
Thumbs up

Congrats K10. pls post some more pics. It may take a while before your Garage is activated.
K a s h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 22:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

That a real nice colour!!
Congratulations for the new ride and do fill in before the 2k mark. Like your likes and dislikes about the vehicle, any mods carried out(Alloys, ICE etc.) and also a few more detailed pictures including those of the interiors.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 11:09   #11

Thanks a ton everyone!
Team BHP should be the group credited for the fabulous and accurate information.

Ive already done 250+kms since Thursday!
Have done a little ICEing, and will put the details on the "ICEing up the Getz" thread.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:42   #12
Cool Some More Picture

Here are some more pictures:
Attached Images
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:09   #13

I have just ordered the getz prime 1.3 gls. Will be expecting delivery on thursday. The onyx blue colour looked nice so wanted to go in for that, but the dealer said that they had stopped making the getz in that colour. So have settled for midnight black instead. will take the tips you guys provided for ICE ing the car and also wanted to check out alloys instead of the standard steel rims. any pics anyone?
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 10:58   #14

@K10-: Read that you had compared between Getz, Palio Sports, Swift and U-VA.

Can you please list out the pros and cons of each from your viewpoint?
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:46   #15

The two tone interiors looks fab!

Some nice sunfilms will complete the look IMHO

congrats on the buy
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote