Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st October 2008, 00:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE.
so what was the waiting period for the car.what exactly was the OTR PRICE?i can see that there are a few swifts standing next to your car.
i got it for 5.64 on road.,yes there are others as well,waiting period.. hmmm the showroom people were like 2-3months,but i managed in 4days.Got no color choice.but im happy with silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Congrats to you both nodiaboy and joshguy. Do post some mroe pics...of course with new shoes. Drive safe.
Thanks yes SHOES next upgrade.Swift really needs better tyres.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 10:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
i got it for 5.64 on road.,yes there are others as well,waiting period.. hmmm the showroom people were like 2-3months,but i managed in 4days.Got no color choice.but im happy with silver.
You guys are lucky. I paid 6L(with ABS) on road before the August 1st road tax hike. I guess it costs 15K more now
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 00:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
You guys are lucky. I paid 6L(with ABS) on road before the August 1st road tax hike. I guess it costs 15K more now
6L?damn! thats alot for the ddis.There is 1% hike in the sales tax of UP so its a 5k more.

Is the ABS on a swift worth spending on?

Did anyone feel a increase in ENGINE sound after a few 100kms? i have done 835 and a feel abit change in the engine sound

Last edited by noidaboy : 1st November 2008 at 00:54.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 16:18   #34
BHPian

Default Bubbled up paint on body

Hi,
I had taken my Swift LDI delivery at Lucknow, and then drove it to Noida. Now I noticed that on the metal part under the doors the paint seems to be all bubbly! I mean, its not smooth but all uneven. I have attached screen shots.

Do you think this can be rectified in the first service due next week?
Attached Images

skumar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 16:31   #35
BHPian

Can it be removed when scratched.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 10th November 2008 at 16:40.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 16:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Its nothing but a protective layer of some painted sheet which extend below both doors. Have a look at other swifts on the road, you'll know what I mean.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 16:39   #37
BHPian

yes, its a brand new car, and now I am about to go for my 1st service after about 800 KM/1 month. One issue is that the original dealer is at Lucknow. I hope the service station in Noida, now takes care of this for free :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Is this a new car and when did you take delivery of the car. This seems to be a case of repainting on part of the dealer. Contact them immediately and confront them regarding this.

Regarding rectifying it, there seems to be no option, but scraping the paint and getting it repainted.
Delivery was taken on 16th of October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Is this a new car and when did you take delivery of the car.
dadu, I think i have seen the other Swifts, and they have a smooth appearance there, but I will check again. Are you saying that I might be able to peel of some layer?

The ride is very good for sure I hope though I am running it in fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
Hi Kumar,

You don't have to worry. That's protective coating give at the bottom by maruti. When I bought my Swift in 2006, it was protective sticker. Now they are using protective paint kind of coating. So the conclusion is that, what you saw in your car is perfectly normal.

How is the car? Liked your new ride?
Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2008 at 17:09. Reason: Back to back post
Old 10th November 2008, 16:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

I think have seen even the new palios having this protective layer...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 16:49   #39
BHPian

Hi Kumar,

You don't have to worry. That's protective coating give at the bottom by maruti. When I bought my Swift in 2006, it was protective sticker. Now they are using protective paint kind of coating. So the conclusion is that, what you saw in your car is perfectly normal.

How is the car? Liked your new ride?

Last edited by Swifty2008 : 10th November 2008 at 16:51.
Swifty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 16:54   #40
BHPian

to me it feels as if the part was repainted, may be during PDI and when you took delivery it had not dried up completely..

I may be wrong though
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 17:15   #41
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 19:55   #42
TOR
BHPian

The 'uneven' paint job on the running boards are absolutely normal and are present on every swift and dzire-there is nothing to rectify.
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 00:07   #43
BHPian

@ skumar : its some anti-rust coating. and it can only be done at the maruti plant and not outside.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 21:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ skumar : its some anti-rust coating. and it can only be done at the maruti plant and not outside.
true,i too got it clarified with the maruti guys.they say it is the protective coating. in other colours it doesnt shof but for we white owners it looks like yellow colour.

Only swifts from 2007 dec get this coating i believe

BTW i purchase the fourth year extended warranty and the 3rd year was offered free by the dealer CARS india chennai. i received the 3rd year warranty but not got the 4th years.any idea how LONG WILL IT TAKE USUALLY??
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 15:16   #45
BHPian

On my service, I got it checked and found that no doubt it was an anti-rust coat, albeit a bit more bubbly than other swifts, but the crux is that the thing was there for a reason.