Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2005, 09:32   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
turbo_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Windsor
Posts: 1,377
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
I was Just checking the boot, gave a spare wheel which is not an alloy, also they have different nuts to hold that wheel yes 5 different nuts. .
the spare tire is never an alloy reason why they have 5 different bolts ...

i always wanted to get my hands on a kompressor ...i wonder how different it is from a CDI ? did you test drive both ??how is the Komp better than the diesel ?? i know the cdi pulls like crazy eh ..

damn i envy your bro ...

cheers

Last edited by turbo_lover : 5th April 2005 at 09:33.
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2005, 11:47   #17
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Smile





Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 18:47   #18
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Exclamation Fuel gauge problem

Yes , brand new C 200 K with 200 kms stopped on the road. Culprit bad fuel gauge. It stopped and pushed to the side of the road by auto walas. Hehehe

the sales manager came running when called.. with the whole setup .. head mechanic,laptop ,mobile workshop ..checked everything on the car again and again. Atlast got a liter of gasoline and problem solved.. I dont know if I have to laugh or be angry here.

this is the quality of mercs in india I suppose...Any way I will laugh this time
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 10:46   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: HYDERABAD INDIA
Posts: 345
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Yes , brand new C 200 K with 200 kms stopped on the road. Culprit bad fuel gauge. It stopped and pushed to the side of the road by auto walas. Hehehe

the sales manager came running when called.. with the whole setup .. head mechanic,laptop ,mobile workshop ..checked everything on the car again and again. Atlast got a liter of gasoline and problem solved.. I dont know if I have to laugh or be angry here.

this is the quality of mercs in india I suppose...Any way I will laugh this time
hmmmm thats really sad ...
Hope you got the fuel gauge replaced
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2005, 12:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Be careful with the fuel u use on that car. I have had the fuel tank changed in my mercedes due to impurities even tho i fill from a reliable pump. Its extremly senstive to fuel i guess.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 08:41   #21
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Getting FE of 7 km/l in s mode for first tank ful.
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 22:13   #22
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

tHIS PIC WAS THERE IN my phone soo posted it

ok the fuel consistancy is 7 kmpl with 1000 kms on the odo. no problems what so ever. car runs like dream. will smoke it soon. got a new fancy number with white radium plate and black letters on it . AP 9 AY 1...
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 22:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Nicce dude... i always wanted that number but its hard to get in bombay registration.... but my next car will be number 1 hopefully or some single digit for sure ....how much did u pay for it? 10,000?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 22:30   #24
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Nicce dude... i always wanted that number but its hard to get in bombay registration.... but my next car will be number 1 hopefully or some single digit for sure ....how much did u pay for it? 10,000?
man who gives 1 for 10 grand , it goes till 50 k in place I stay.
but look care fully there are 3 numbers blank besides it
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 22:33   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Oh hahaha... i didnt see that.... In bombay its offical getting VIP numbers in 15,000 u can get any number u want....i havent ever paid that much ... all my cars have 4 digit VIP numbers in reputation like my accord is 2288 and endeavour 3355,etc ... i paid like 5000 or so offical to the RTO for those
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 23:14   #26
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Ok this is goin wayyyy oftopic from my merc report

but couldnt resist to answer your question last time

Here in AP, RTO has designated some numbers to be in 5k , 10k, 20k RS range, If you pay then you might get that number if no one is in line for that , but if there is it will be auctioned which might well go over 50k. I used to hear some numbers go for 1 lk 5 years ago usually 9999, ok now it goes for 50k. presently our choice fashion numbers are 9009, 9090, .. 1111, 7777, 777, 5555 ...soon they go for 20 k - 40k. last week I went for a auction on 3969 for my palio and there were four to compete. but 2 chickened out even before the auction and 2 left includin me. I managed some guy and wanted to scare the other guy but he was loaded with 20 k draft in his hand. so I chickeen out. Usually you loose the 5 k you pay for entering into auction and also the bid amount but I opted for 3996 due to influence and bailed out.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 10th May 2005 at 23:16.
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 23:39   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,636
Thanked: 1,263 Times
Default

Sahil, buddy,
a VVIP number like 1 or 8 (we have 8 on our car - MH - 01 - TA - 8) costa 20K extra and 604 (MH - 01 PA - 604.. we were planning to get Akola registration but changed our minds) on our lancer cost 1K more.
Hey Vulken enjoy pushing your ride but touchwood you haven't faced anyother problems.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2005, 16:20   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
aadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Ok this is goin wayyyy oftopic from my merc report

but couldnt resist to answer your question last time

Here in AP, RTO has designated some numbers to be in 5k , 10k, 20k RS range, If you pay then you might get that number if no one is in line for that , but if there is it will be auctioned which might well go over 50k. I used to hear some numbers go for 1 lk 5 years ago usually 9999, ok now it goes for 50k. presently our choice fashion numbers are 9009, 9090, .. 1111, 7777, 777, 5555 ...soon they go for 20 k - 40k. last week I went for a auction on 3969 for my palio and there were four to compete. but 2 chickened out even before the auction and 2 left includin me. I managed some guy and wanted to scare the other guy but he was loaded with 20 k draft in his hand. so I chickeen out. Usually you loose the 5 k you pay for entering into auction and also the bid amount but I opted for 3996 due to influence and bailed out.


off topic:

vulken u are almost right buddy.
nos 1,2 and 3 are govt nos, if any vip govt car needs to be reg, govt has the first right over these three nos, so generally people try to get it for free using govt influence.

it only comes up for auction if the govt doesnt need them.i guess that's when u bought the no.


apart from that u are compltely right abt the other nos thing,i payed 50 grands for single no "6"

most the nos with 9 in them go for an high rate.


ps: i do believe i know who bought the 3969 no!, the same guy who is selling off his vtec(which i pmed u abt),all his car nos are 3969



again congrats on ur super vvip no! hope to see ur car on the roads sometime.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 15:15   #29
BHPian
 
Vulken Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 418
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Slk 200

cousin Planning to take a slk 200 , will review the new slk 200 soon.
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 15:18   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Vulken, how about a report on your (or bro's) C200 Komp for first 2000 km?
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KTM Duke 200 - Initial Ownership Report nanduchitnis Motorbikes 79 10th February 2015 20:02
Trade Merc SLK350 for Merc SL500? zenzi12 Luxury, Imports & Niche 4 15th June 2012 16:03
My Mercedes E 200 CGI Ownership report palioman Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1 8th December 2010 00:03
Merc E220 or Merc E280 madan009 Luxury, Imports & Niche 27 3rd July 2009 10:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks