Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 16:20   #31
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Thats a neat one dude, can you tell me how much it cost for the Car PC? and hows the sound quality in this? i think sound quality depends on the soundcard. Please high light as i am new to this subject.

Cheers
Srikant
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 18:28   #32
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Nisarg ,

NIce setup I have few questions for you

(1) Does D945GCLF has address range for 2GB RAM ?
Yes.Intel Desktop Board D945GCLF - motherboard - mini ITX / micro ATX - i945GC Motherboard reviews - CNET Reviews

(2) What is your boot and shutdwn time and How much time your CAR PC takes to hibernate and come out of hibernation with 2GB RAM ?
Yet to Test these timing.
(3) Are you running dual display VGA for navigation + Movie on this board ?
No. I will use single LCD for everything.
Srikant. I am going to install this carpc and ICE in this month. will update it.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 18:49   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 384 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Srikant. I am going to install this carpc and ICE in this month. will update it.
1. If you have not really installed then I would advice you to keep the RAM at 1 GB max to keep hibernation time to minimum , Do not go for windows vista
as it is memory Hungary but opt for XP or Linux .

2. If you have not already purchases single core Atom then go for dual core atom D945GCLF2 the peak power consumption difference is just 4 watts,
Idle power consumption is same but you will be better off during simultaneous Audio processing and Graphics and other tasks if you are planning to use navigation

If you plan to use a lot of USB device you need to budget for power on 5V rail accordingly I guess.

I am still doing research on non Intel option and ZOTAC mini ITX boards
have caught my attention.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 23:54   #34
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
1. If you have not really installed then I would advice you to keep the RAM at 1 GB max to keep hibernation time to minimum , Do not go for windows vista
as it is memory Hungary but opt for XP or Linux .

2. If you have not already purchases single core Atom then go for dual core atom D945GCLF2 the peak power consumption difference is just 4 watts,
Idle power consumption is same but you will be better off during simultaneous Audio processing and Graphics and other tasks if you are planning to use navigation

If you plan to use a lot of USB device you need to budget for power on 5V rail accordingly I guess.

I am still doing research on non Intel option and ZOTAC mini ITX boards
have caught my attention.
That vista is just my main rig. i was testing LCD on VISTA.
I havent tested the Hibernation.
I already got the D945GCLF. pretty good performer. i tested it with simultaneous Audio and NAV. flawlessly wroking.
i calculated it. it will work fine on +5v Rails with my current USB device list.

For ICE integration. I will soon buy Creative USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Sound Card - Get more out of your music and movies
Any comments from guru would appreciate.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 00:34   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 384 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
That vista is just my main rig. i was testing LCD on VISTA.
I havent tested the Hibernation.
I already got the D945GCLF. pretty good performer. i tested it with simultaneous Audio and NAV. flawlessly wroking.
i calculated it. it will work fine on +5v Rails with my current USB device list.

For ICE integration. I will soon buy Creative USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Sound Card - Get more out of your music and movies
Any comments from guru would appreciate.

Why external card you still have a PCI slot empty which you can use for a good Sound card , I think it may work cheaper that way and will be neat as well .
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 06:55   #36
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Why external card you still have a PCI slot empty which you can use for a good Sound card , I think it may work cheaper that way and will be neat as well .
Due to the space issue. PCI sound card wont fit in Quadrant-Fx Enclosure. hence USB Sound Card.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 12:57   #37
BHPian
 
rockyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hi Nisarg

What does a carputer used for? Sorry - am new to the concept.

Secondly - is for Swift only or any car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Guys Carupter iTems Finalized.
Need Some help on ICE.
I listen to mostly House,Progressive House,Electronic and Trance. So good Bass is must.
My budgate is around 35K as of now but can increase to 40K Max.
HU is not required as I am installing carputer.
rockyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 01:54   #38
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

carputer means in car mobile computing. it can be use for music, palying videos, Navigation , on the go internet, Hands free cell phone control.
It can be install in any car.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 14:44   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 384 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Due to the space issue. PCI sound card wont fit in Quadrant-Fx Enclosure. hence USB Sound Card.
Have you already tried out option of using PCI Raiser card , To put the Sound card parallel to Motherboard ?
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 15:05   #40
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Have you already tried out option of using PCI Raiser card , To put the Sound card parallel to Motherboard ?
Nope. If I use PCI Raiser card. still it wont be possible to fit.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 15:24   #41
Newbie
 
Altogether's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congratulation !!!
Welcome to SWIFT VDi family.
Altogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 17:17   #42
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I was getting lots of humming noise from right side wheel after crossing 60 KMPH. So took it to the MASS. And to my surprise Engg. told me that Wheel Bearings are gone. He assured me that he will change it under warranty on monday. but how can it be possible ? I have done only 3500 Kms only. His explanation on bearing is must be faulty from company itself. But seriously Maruti's parts quality Sux.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 23:07   #43
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Guys. One of my pal told me that it is advisable to do the wheel alignment after opening up Wheel Assembly. Is it ? MASS didn't tell me anything about wheel alignment.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 04:45   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 384 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Guys. One of my pal told me that it is advisable to do the wheel alignment after opening up Wheel Assembly. Is it ? MASS didn't tell me anything about wheel alignment.
Yes alignment and balancing needs to be done but MASS should do it on their own after replacing bearings. If your MASS does not have a balancing and alignment facility get it done outside. Normally balancing should be done after 4 -5 K kms and rotation and alignment after 10 K interval IMHO.

Also as it is 3500 KM and you need to get the balancing / alignment done ask them to rotate tires as well ( between 5 wheel)
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 09:44   #45
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hey Amit. Thanx for the Reply. I changed the bearings on Monday. Service Engg. did rotate the wheels after changing bearings on Bay.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
Dream Come True - Our Dream Machine Diesel 2.2 VTT @ 35,000kms kdeepakk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 24th July 2010 14:39
Dream comes true! Got my Iravat- White Swift Dzire VDi ForeRunner Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 20th January 2010 15:49
Dream car landed - Swift Vdi (with Pics) Prabhu Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 13th November 2009 15:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks