Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 13:39   #181
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default List of Events Since Delivery of Car from HMP

Hi all... For those of you who followed my previous posts regarding my issues with hyundai, I have attached a word file with the chronological ordering of my interactions with hyundai regarding the rattling issue.
I have fixed an appointment on tuesday morning with a higher official to demand action to be taken to rectify my damaged car, and since there have been too many events to mention, I neatly typed out the list of things that have happened so that I can give him a print out of it.
I hope this will also prove helpful for potential buyers, and also current owners of hyundai or any other brand of cars, so that people can be educated about the kind of nonsense that a consumer in India has to go through and be well prepared for the kind of issues you may face.
Attached Files
File Type: doc service issue.doc (30.5 KB, 379 views)
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 21:56   #182
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Change of thread title

@mods - Perhaps a change of thread name is on the cards.
My Hyundai Verna CRDI SX with ABS and its woes!
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 14:58   #183
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Well my big adventure with hyundai and my determination to make sure I come out on top may have reaped its reward eventually.
My 3 page ramayana/mahabharat story (file attached in the previous post) had the desired effect. I spent about 2 hours at HMP with the senior service manager and the customers relation manager. They were totally shocked after reading through the document that I had printed out for their "benefit" and kept apologizing non stop for the trouble I've gone through, and kept asking me not to "lose trust" and not to be "dejected" by the happenings at HMP in the first 5 months of my ownership.
They agreed to my demand that the dashboard is to be totally removed and checked, and that all the parts are to be replaced (immaterial of whether they are faulty or not) so that the car can be restored to a fresh state. Based on my complaints about the steering wheel he has also agreed to replace that if it is found faulty as he agreed that the steering wheel in good condition is a necessity for safe driving. He also gave me guarantee that after all this if the car is not back to the way it was during the first 2 months of ownership (prior to 1st service when the problems started), he himself would talk to senior hyundai officials about claiming the car as defective and having it replaced (though I dont know how far that is true, and I also hope it doesnt go that far).
I am due to take the car to HMP tomorrow and I plan to spend the whole day there to verify the work they are doing. I am also getting my 2nd free service done tomorrow itself so that I dont have to come back next month (when I actually complete 6 months). Hoping that I wont have to see the site of HMP again until the end of 1 year of ownership!
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 15:25   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,653
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Default My ownership feedback

Hey Pras,

Gotta fill in feedback from another (previously) miffed Verna owner:

In my last post on this thread I had mentioned that I had documentation issues during delivery. Well, last week I got a call from Hyundai Delhi asking me for ownership feedback. They had 3 parameters (vehicle, delivery, ownership experience). While I gave an 8 to the first and last, "delivery" got a 5! The guy on the phone was slightly puzzled, and asked me why I had given such poor marks. I explained to him the delivery issue, and he gave me a customer care number where to lodge a complaint.

The whole week went very busy for me and I forgot to call the number.

Surprisingly, on Saturday I got a call from the local dealer himself, who apologized for the documentation issue and asked me to come over, so I could collect the registration and insurance claim immediately! When I reached, the Sales manager personally came over to meet me, and apologized again. In 5 minutes, I had the 2 papers which were rightfully mine 6 months ago!

This week the local service center called me up, and informed me that the second service for my car is falling due on the 27th. I told them about the rattle that had surfaced after the first service, and they apologized immediately and said the service manager would personally look into it. Have promised them a visit in the 2nd week of March.

In summary, we now have a much less miffed Verna owner. Maybe the claimed Hyundai Service Excellence isnt a myth after all.

A word of advice for you. Even I was planning to take my car for service tomorrow. But the reason I've decided to wait is because there's a "Hyundai Free Car Care clinic" happening across workshops in the country from 16th March 09. Check out this discussion:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...up-camp-3.html (Hyundai Cars Free Check-up Camp)

The way I see it, this will help us save on the cost of engine oil change (compulsory during 2nd service for verna) as well as small parts replacements (if any - outside warranty). Up to you.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 15:54   #185
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Hey Pras,

Gotta fill in feedback from another (previously) miffed Verna owner:

In my last post on this thread I had mentioned that I had documentation issues during delivery. Well, last week I got a call from Hyundai Delhi asking me for ownership feedback. They had 3 parameters (vehicle, delivery, ownership experience). While I gave an 8 to the first and last, "delivery" got a 5! The guy on the phone was slightly puzzled, and asked me why I had given such poor marks. I explained to him the delivery issue, and he gave me a customer care number where to lodge a complaint.

The whole week went very busy for me and I forgot to call the number.

Surprisingly, on Saturday I got a call from the local dealer himself, who apologized for the documentation issue and asked me to come over, so I could collect the registration and insurance claim immediately! When I reached, the Sales manager personally came over to meet me, and apologized again. In 5 minutes, I had the 2 papers which were rightfully mine 6 months ago!

This week the local service center called me up, and informed me that the second service for my car is falling due on the 27th. I told them about the rattle that had surfaced after the first service, and they apologized immediately and said the service manager would personally look into it. Have promised them a visit in the 2nd week of March.

In summary, we now have a much less miffed Verna owner. Maybe the claimed Hyundai Service Excellence isnt a myth after all.

A word of advice for you. Even I was planning to take my car for service tomorrow. But the reason I've decided to wait is because there's a "Hyundai Free Car Care clinic" happening across workshops in the country from 16th March 09. Check out this discussion:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...up-camp-3.html (Hyundai Cars Free Check-up Camp)

The way I see it, this will help us save on the cost of engine oil change (compulsory during 2nd service for verna) as well as small parts replacements (if any - outside warranty). Up to you.
Hey buddy! Nice to see that you had that documentation issue figured out.
Couple of things that I must mention. The damage to my car during first service was due to negligence of the service technician. But yes, I'm not too happy with the way things are handled at the service centers in terms of the number of cars they take in everyday. But it must be said that I am surprised at how polite these guys are even after the racket I have caused (even though I had reason for it). Even the other day the service managers were both very very polite and were constantly making sure that I felt better after all that I went through.
But at the end of the day, while i accept that hyundai customer care is very efficient and they are more then willing to let you talk to their higher ups, what matters is that they are capable of fixing the issues that you go to them with. I will come to all my conclusions tomorrow once I know that my car has been brought back to how it was before. In spite of numerous visits to HMP and numerous visits by the senior advisor, though the issue has been rectified to some extent, it still does persist, and an issue that is not 100% resolved is still an issue.
It is important that as consumers, we differentiate between "serving" a customer, and "servicing" the car. Their being polite is due to their training and that makes us happy. But at the end of the day we have to interact with our cars every single day, and not with the guys at the service center. So a happy car, means a happy owner. Else no matter how polite chaps at hyundai are, we will remain unhappy every time we drive the car that we so lovingly bought.
THanks for the info on the car care clinic. But given that now I am in touch with the senior service manager at HMP, and also given that I have more at stake then just the money I will pay for my consumables, I would like only HMP to work on my car. Should the need arise that I have to make them push for replacement of the car itself, i would like to let the senior officials know that all worko n my car has been done only by HMP technicians and no one outside. Being a brand new (and expensive) car, I am unwilling to take risks related to it. For now its just fingers crossed for me that as of tomorrow I will be totally stress free. Unfortunately my fingers have been crossed for 3 months now already!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 13th March 2009 at 15:57.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 16:17   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Pras and Predator its really nice to see the way Hyundai has accepted their faults after your constant follow ups and are working to resolve the issue.
Congratulations both.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 16:26   #187
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Pras and Predator its really nice to see the way Hyundai has accepted their faults after your constant follow ups and are working to resolve the issue.
Congratulations both.
It would have been nicer to see them not commit such blunders in the first place . But yes, at least unlike other stories we've seen on tbhp (a member who's 10 day old swift has been to the service station 6 times already, and another member who bought a fiesta and is now suffering), this one has a potential happy ending. Hyundai certainly seems dedicated to customer satisfaction and maintaining their image and thats good news for consumers. Thanks for your wishes!
By the way sammy, I love your signature. Way to go!
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 09:46   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
It would have been nicer to see them not commit such blunders in the first place . But yes, at least unlike other stories we've seen on tbhp (a member who's 10 day old swift has been to the service station 6 times already, and another member who bought a fiesta and is now suffering), this one has a potential happy ending. Hyundai certainly seems dedicated to customer satisfaction and maintaining their image and thats good news for consumers. Thanks for your wishes!
By the way sammy, I love your signature. Way to go!
So things did go the way they had to. Great news pras. Do give us the detailed update on what happened and how the experience was. AND EVEN HOW THE CAR IS BEHAVING NOW .

@Sammy -> Super signature

Cheers.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 15:05   #189
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
So things did go the way they had to. Great news pras. Do give us the detailed update on what happened and how the experience was. AND EVEN HOW THE CAR IS BEHAVING NOW .
Well heres my long story again!
The service manager kept me informed through the week about the status of the parts and all that, and if we were in line for getting the job done on saturday. As promised he gave me a ring on friday evening and confirmed that saturday morning would be fine.
I reached the service center by 820 (they open at 830) to avoid the rush of cars coming in. He was surprised that I had reached early, but didnt make me wait for even 5 minutes and drove the car right into the bay. He had even arranged for the technical advisor who has been working on my car all these days to come in (saturday is normally off for him) specially for me.
I remained by the car throughout verifying what they were doing and to see what the issues were. After the initial 5 minutes or so of intense discussion of the complaints i had, signing the job card and putting the mats, steering cover etc to make sure everything was kept clean, they took apart the dashboard completely. All the bolts came out, steering wheel was checked, the complete plastic part comprising the dashboard, the vents, stereo everything was removed. He also removed the plastic part in front where the wipers are fitted and cleaned that part (there were a tonne of leaves inside) and they tightened everything thoroughly and made sure the steering wheel linkages were properly fit. He found no faults in that and I gave him the green signal to start putting everything together again after verifying that all was well and good.
I told the manager about my experience with the nippon manager, who instead of attending to my faulty stereo was busy trying to tell me 10000 rupees worth of fitments that i can put in my car to improve sound quality. Though its not his responsiblity he has spoken to nippon guys and arranged for a new stereo to be delivered t my house in a few days. I am very convinced that the stereo is faulty, and he has assured a replacement immaterial of whether its in proper conditon or not. The center facia has been replaced and the right side ac vent is pending replacement which will be done with the stereo system. The dashboard is finaly quiet now, and I only had to bear the expense for the engine oil and oil filter. He cleaned and fitted back the air filter saying since I havent covered too many km yet I need not change it. They verified all suspensions and shocks, the brakes and all the other small things that are to be checked during 2nd service.
I have now got a very good rapport with the 2 managers and the technical advisor. The service manager especially is a very nice educated guy and he was even kind enough to arrange for a car to take me home for lunch. All in all, hats off ot hyundai for accepting their mistakes committed during 1st service and taking complete care of me. Though its been a bit late, its always better late then never! Its such a welcome change after seeing a lot of the horror stories that people have faced with other companies (read ford, skoda, maruti). If only hyundai would take the cars that they release here into better consideration and think in terms of VFM for the customers (read i20s poor engine, getz crdi and its total lack of features, verna without airbags).
Though I must note, that I saw a lot of cars yesterday at the srevice station that looked like they had not been cleaned since their owners took delivery of the car. The interiors were filthy and the cars looked like they would fall apart, yet they were demanding that hyundai take good care of the cars. I strongly believe that the reason why the manager was so happy to take full responsibility of my car was because I have maintained it impeccably, and it saddens me that people spend so much and later dont bother to maintain their cars, and then later create a racket at the service center.
My beautiful car is finally back to her best, and since I wasnt too happy with the final fit of my dual-tone steering cover I also got that redone yesterday evening (pic attached, not great quality). Lot of guys have been PMing me asking about the shop. Here are details again for those who are interested:
Choice Seat Zone, New college complex, peters road, royapettah, chennai.
You can contact Mahesh - 42104021 / 9840747705, and tell him my name (prasana, verna, real earth) and he will do a very good job with your car interiors. I stay just 2 minutes from there so do gimme a call as well, I would love to meet more tbhp members, Ive already met a few at his shop itself, when they went after seeing my interior snaps.
Thats all from me for now! Just awaiting the 2 remaining spare parts in a few days time, and the beast, that is my beauty will be back to the way she was before!!! Hoping to put up a long(er) term review eventually when I start to munch more miles!
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-image004.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-image005.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-image007.jpg  


Last edited by pras.oct25 : 15th March 2009 at 15:15.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:33   #190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Nice pics pras. The steering cover looks better too but then seems a little bulkier if you ask me.

Cheers
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 12:09   #191
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Nice pics pras. The steering cover looks better too but then seems a little bulkier if you ask me.

Cheers
Yeah I wanted a bulkier wheel cause its generally very thin and light. He said he couldnt make it too thick but hes given it a tight finish so it looks and feels a little bulkier. I find it more comfortable.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 12:19   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Yeah I wanted a bulkier wheel cause its generally very thin and light. He said he couldnt make it too thick but hes given it a tight finish so it looks and feels a little bulkier. I find it more comfortable.
Dont you feel the steering wheel is somehow a little too big. I mean does it not hit the leg. It happens to me on my Getz
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 12:59   #193
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Dont you feel the steering wheel is somehow a little too big. I mean does it not hit the leg. It happens to me on my Getz
Yeah it does feel a touch big. I guess thats the advantage of having the height adjustment.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 12:59   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,653
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Default Height-Adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Dont you feel the steering wheel is somehow a little too big. I mean does it not hit the leg. It happens to me on my Getz
I have the same kind of Steering cover (albeit in black Stanley Progrip original leather). The verna steering has height-adjustment, so in case it hits the leg you can always raise the thing a little.

The Getz website says that all variants come standard with height-adjustment. Find out if your car has the same. You wont have the problem anymore.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 13:14   #195
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
I have the same kind of Steering cover (albeit in black Stanley Progrip original leather). The verna steering has height-adjustment, so in case it hits the leg you can always raise the thing a little.

The Getz website says that all variants come standard with height-adjustment. Find out if your car has the same. You wont have the problem anymore.
Yup! It does come with height adjustment. But it becomes like a jeep if it is too high :( . I am a 6 footer my leg hits when i try to get out of the car.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Predator - Ebony Black Hyundai Verna CRDI SX ABS - 100,000 kms update on pg 15 predatorwheelz Long-Term Ownership Reviews 248 12th September 2016 08:23
Ford Fiesta Diesel Zxi Vs Hyundai Verna Crdi Sxi ABS aks_karthik Sedans 146 7th July 2011 10:52
Hyundai Verna CRDI (SXI) with ABS rippergeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 143 6th September 2009 17:58
My Hyundai Verna CRDI SX ABS Review sdmn Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 17th March 2009 21:55
My view on Verna CRDi+ABS coming soon. EDIT : Advait Hyundai backs out of commitment sajands Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 118 29th May 2008 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks