Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th May 2009, 16:36   #211
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pras,

In my ownership thread, you had posted that someone scratched your car badly on one side. Any updates on that? Has the car been repaired? What costs did you incur?
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 00:51   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Hey Pras,

In my ownership thread, you had posted that someone scratched your car badly on one side. Any updates on that? Has the car been repaired? What costs did you incur?
Predator, yo seem to have posted in my thread and I never got an update. I havent seen my thread for ages now I guess!
Well sorry for the late reply, but to answer your question. No I didnt do anything about it. I tried polish but it had no effect. But the good part is being a metallic shade, the scratch is not visible from a distance and from most angles. You have to get relaly close to the car to see it. Of course in the mean time I had my own little moment of stupidity when I was reversing the car. Hit some big pole kinda thing which wasnt visible in my mirror (thats probably just my excuse). Paint chipped off on the left of the rear bumper, and unfortunately it left a small dent on the portion above the bumper But somehow am not looking to invest on damage repairs for now. Will contemplate it after my one year of ownership. How is your car doing?
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 01:26   #213
BHPian

Default Update at 7000+kms & got a new rear spoiler :D

Well its been around 8 months and 7500 km with my baby. Shes been great to me, though I really wish I could do something about the suspension. Its a real pain on Chennai roads managing with the ultra soft suspension. It works wonders when going fast, but really takes a lot out of you when going slowly over bad roads.
No untoward issues with the car as such so far. Extremely reliable and smooth. Mileage is decent ranging between 13 to 15km to the litre with ac on 100% of the time now that summer is in full swing. I have changed my driving habits a bit now after an inferiority complex set in seeing hellstar's mileage figures. I avoid over revving now (except when one of those swifts or fiestas get on my nerves :P) and try to up shift within 2000 rpm or so. I also try to shift up to 5th gear on empty stretches and cruise at around 60 to 80km/hr. Filled up at shell in between a few times. Found that the mileage improved marginally and engine noise reduced at higher speeds. But felt a drop in the pick up of the car. Gone back to my usual BP outlet on RK Salai near my house for the last couple of fills. Mileage seems to be pretty consistent and pick up is better, though noise level is higher from the engine.
Recently upgraded from philips power xtreme to the philiprs 100/90 bulbs. Really enjoying the benefit of the higher wattage, though I hope I wont have any troubles in the long run.
I'm rather unhappy with the stock sound system. The quality is rather inferior and the plastic parts inside it seem to make noise all the time. I think its from the cassette player module. On top of that, the volume reduces considerably and the bass level increases when I listen to music on my mp3 player through the aux cable. But the output seems great when I use the tuner or the cd player. I'm pretty satisfied with the sound output, so I'm thinking that my next upgrade will be just the head unit. Can someone suggest a decent (not very expensive, budgt within 10k) 2 din pioneer sound system, and how much can I expect in exchange for the stock system, or should I hang onto it?
Last but not the least, ever since I saw the limited edition verna when I was buying my car, I have been dying to get a spoiler for my babe. And after seeing gourav's new verna with the spoiler, I decided it had to be today! Got it done at shankar car jewels at anna nagar for 2500 bucks. Special thanks to aks_karthik for the suggestion. He seems to have done a decent job, and I feel like the car finally has a sporty and sexy feel to it. I have attached a few pics as well.
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-dscn0286.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-rear1.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-rear2.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-dscn0311.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-dscn0300.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-dscn0312.jpg  

Old 21st June 2009, 13:24   #214
BHPian

Spoiler's looking good. Killa price.
Any holes drilled to fit the same? And post some daylight pics man. I also have a real earth color verna. Planning to get a spoiler soon.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 13:24   #215
BHPian

Mods please delete this post.

Last edited by live2drive : 21st June 2009 at 13:27.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 13:32   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Spoiler's looking good. Killa price.
Any holes drilled to fit the same? And post some daylight pics man. I also have a real earth color verna. Planning to get a spoiler soon.
No holes drilled. Its the clamp and screw type. The final fit and finish seems pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Yeah I should post some snaps during the day. I was just very excited to put up the snaps and plus wanted to test my new camera during the night . As it turns out I'm fairly satisfied with both the spoiler and the camera.
Old 21st June 2009, 13:46   #217
Senior - BHPian

yep the car looks good with Spoiler I too looking for a spoiler for linea.But it's still not available in market.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 13:54   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yep the car looks good with Spoiler I too looking for a spoiler for linea.But it's still not available in market.
cant you go for a custom spoiler? You can have it painted to suit your car colour right?
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Predator, yo seem to have posted in my thread and I never got an update. I havent seen my thread for ages now I guess!
How is your car doing?
Hi Pras,

My car is doing fine. I just completed a glorious weekend trip out of Kolkata.

Congratulations on the spoiler, looks good. When does your car complete one year?

Keeping scratches and dents on for some time is a fine (and cost saving)decision. I have a few on my car too. Just make sure rusting doesnt start from these areas, or you've had it with corrosion repairs! Drive safe, and do keep posting!
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:36   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pras,

My car is doing fine. I just completed a glorious weekend trip out of Kolkata.

Congratulations on the spoiler, looks good. When does your car complete one year?

Keeping scratches and dents on for some time is a fine (and cost saving)decision. I have a few on my car too. Just make sure rusting doesnt start from these areas, or you've had it with corrosion repairs! Drive safe, and do keep posting!
Sounds like fun! Where did you go? I might be taking a trip to bangalore next month if things work out.
Car completes a year on october 14th. Yeah I somehow am tempted to go in for repairs everytime I see the damages, but somehow its just not worth the money with the high chances of getting hit around here.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:47   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like fun! Where did you go? I might be taking a trip to bangalore next month if things work out.

Car completes a year on october 14th. Yeah I somehow am tempted to go in for repairs everytime I see the damages, but somehow its just not worth the money with the high chances of getting hit around here.
Here's where I went:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-weekend.html (Garpanchakot over an extended weekend)

Do take your car out on the highway if you havent already. Its more fun than you can imagine!
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:42   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Here's where I went:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-weekend.html (Garpanchakot over an extended weekend)

Do take your car out on the highway if you havent already. Its more fun than you can imagine!
Ive been on a bangalore trip. Went to pondicherry once, that was on the nh45. But the real blast was when I went to kumbakonam through pondi on the east coast road. I think that road is way better than the nh45 and it was a mind blowing experience. I'm looking forward to my next long trip
Old 25th June 2009, 11:06   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have changed my driving habits a bit now after an inferiority complex set in seeing hellstar's mileage figures. I avoid over revving now (except when one of those swifts or fiestas get on my nerves :P) and try to up shift within 2000 rpm or so. I also try to shift up to 5th gear on empty stretches and cruise at around 60 to 80km/hr.

Recently upgraded from philips power xtreme to the philiprs 100/90 bulbs. Really enjoying the benefit of the higher wattage, though I hope I wont have any troubles in the long run.

Special thanks to aks_karthik for the suggestion. He seems to have done a decent job, and I feel like the car finally has a sporty and sexy feel to it.
hey c'mon dude , you need not worry about your mileage will improve with time, and you driving style.

I cruise at speeds below 120 kmph but it take time to attain those speeds. You will also find a difference in mileage if you delay turning on the A/C till the engine gets to operational temperature. That would take a couple of minutes in the meanwhile you can open up the windows and let the hot air to move out. Also try resetting the ECU , and after reset let the car idle for about 15 minutes before any driving.

The spoiler looks great ...
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 12:26   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ive been on a bangalore trip. Went to pondicherry once, that was on the nh45. But the real blast was when I went to kumbakonam through pondi on the east coast road. I think that road is way better than the nh45 and it was a mind blowing experience. I'm looking forward to my next long trip
I agree but the Bangalore - chennai road is a high speed corridor and the ECR is probably not half as safe , the road can throw nasty curves for the first timer. And a lot of time you find insensitive / rash / drunken drivers on thier way back from pondicherry ... but the road is very scenic thats for sure ,now all the way till pondi the side are lined with make shift mango stalls , having freshly plucked mangoes .
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 09:29   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
hey c'mon dude , you need not worry about your mileage will improve with time, and you driving style.

I cruise at speeds below 120 kmph but it take time to attain those speeds. You will also find a difference in mileage if you delay turning on the A/C till the engine gets to operational temperature. That would take a couple of minutes in the meanwhile you can open up the windows and let the hot air to move out. Also try resetting the ECU , and after reset let the car idle for about 15 minutes before any driving.

The spoiler looks great ...
I have been trying hard though for better driving practises, though with that engine you just cant help yourself at time.
I agree with your points hellstar. Delaying turning on the AC does help mileage and doesnt overload the turbo charger early in the morning, but heres my daily scenario - The distance from my house front door to my car is just a little longer than the length of a cricket pitch. In this silly chennai weather, I start to sweat like crazy by the time I traverse the ridiculously short distance to the car everyday. Add to this the time taken to let the car idle for a couple of minutes. So delaying the AC is an almost impossible feat!
Thanks for the spoiler related compliment! I am on the lookout for a new HU as well now, and have sent Shyam on a scout to verify the prices of the pio 6050 2 din in bangalore. From his quote, it was almost 3 to 4k cheaper than the rate in chennai. Should verify it though. Any other potential, not-so-costly suggestions for a 2 din hu hellstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I agree but the Bangalore - chennai road is a high speed corridor and the ECR is probably not half as safe , the road can throw nasty curves for the first timer. And a lot of time you find insensitive / rash / drunken drivers on thier way back from pondicherry ... but the road is very scenic thats for sure ,now all the way till pondi the side are lined with make shift mango stalls , having freshly plucked mangoes .
Yes the ECR is not as safe as the highway. But it really is a treat to drive on that road, and I really got the ful value of driving the verna on that route. I think on sunday afternoon-evening times it is the perfect time to take the ECR. There wasnt much traffic(until you get to that mgm- dizzee world part, up till thiruvanmiyur), and the road was simply amazing.