Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 22:09   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Congrats autoenthusiast. Seems like a really good option.
However ive heard from Baleno Power who got to test the car to its MAX on the expressway that at 180kph the car hits it limiter. So Top speed runs are going to be disappointing.
How about an ai filter for the car. The grunt would just be music to your ears.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 22:13   #32
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
How about an ai filter for the car. The grunt would just be music to your ears.
I am sure I would do the level 1 mods over the first 2 years (upsized alloys and fatter rubber day1, CAI year 1 and headers year 2). But AutoEnthu is in for a 4 year warranty and anything like this will be done after only 4 years i guess unless he gets confused and swayed by the tbhp mods gang

Last edited by jassi : 11th November 2008 at 22:15.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 22:37   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I am sure I would do the level 1 mods over the first 2 years (upsized alloys and fatter rubber day1, CAI year 1 and headers year 2). But AutoEnthu is in for a 4 year warranty and anything like this will be done after only 4 years i guess unless he gets confused and swayed by the tbhp mods gang
Ouch! No Mods for 4years..??? Iam sure you wont loose warranty with a little filter.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 22:43   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I am sure I would do the level 1 mods over the first 2 years (upsized alloys and fatter rubber day1, CAI year 1 and headers year 2). But AutoEnthu is in for a 4 year warranty and anything like this will be done after only 4 years i guess unless he gets confused and swayed by the tbhp mods gang
Hahaha Jatin, nope my friend that's not what I meant. The 15"/16" wheels aren't a tempting offer at the moment eitherways. More than the warranty I wouldn't want the ride quality to be bone jarring. Our roads aren't the best, and in my older vehicle I ended up with couple of bent rims over the lousy potholes. Sometimes during the rains, you wonder if you have to look for potholes on the road, or the road between the potholes.

But a performance airfilter definitely is tempting. Gotta find out about that some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Ouch! No Mods for 4years..??? Iam sure you wont loose warranty with a little filter.
Nah, not possible :-), definitely don't think so over a small filter. And it's a very enticing option, shall plan for it sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
I never knew about this, are you getting them at the ford dealer itself? I would love to have this.
Hey yes Sathee, it's an option available with the Ford dealer itself.

Infact this model (DX-3860 if I'm not mistaken) of Autocop isn't available anywhere else on the open market, looks like it's marketed via Ford only. I too didn't know about this particular model, infact had been on the hunt for the past couple of days for something similar (since I didn't want to have seperate remotes for the alarm) and finally asked the dealer accessories chap to show me what models he has as options and came across this. The sales person who sold me the car didn't even know about this particular version of Autocop and he was under the impression that I'd need a second remote.

I'm going to put the alarm system in my car either tomorrow or the day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Hey Glenn my S clocked 1000kms.Unfortunately i am having fever.I waiting to rip her.
Goodyear Eagle NCT-5 is not a bad tyre.In my car it doest make any noise.
Jeez mate, I hope you get well soon.

Are you gonna rip her to the extreme ? Or just maybe 75% of max capability ? My suggestion is that you don't rip her to the full potential just as yet, maybe start off to around 75% (4500 RPM) of RPM and then in another few hundred KM try pushing the engine higher. That should allow the parts to bed well in.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:26.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 16:18   #35
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
I'm going to put the alarm system in my car either tomorrow or the day after.
Thats great, I would wait for your feedback. How much does it cost?
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 21:25   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi autoenthusiast,Can you pls provide the details of the Alarm System ? I would wish to fit the same in my New Fiesta SXI, while taking delivery on 27th.Thanks in Advance.
dskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 08:06   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Guys the next update.

1. Stain on front passenger seat:
My front passenger seat had a slight stain that wasn't noticeable under the seat plastic covers when I took delivery, after taking delivery, the moment I reached home I removed all the plastic covers (I hate plastic covers on the seats) and noticed the stain on the front seat upholstery. It seems to be a factory stain since the seat plastic cover itself was intact. Spoke to my ford dealer and they confirmed that they'll sort it out.
They did an upholstery cleaning the other day and said check the seat when it dries up, but the stain still remains. Going to speak with them about changing the seat base (which they should).
My suggestion to all who take new delivery, please remove the plastic covers off the seat at the dealership itself so that you can check the upholstery. Things like this are not noticeable under the plastic.


2. The Autocop alarm:
Darn this was a pathetic experience, spent my afternoon/evening at the Planet Ford dealer on Tuesday. After 4 hours they get back my car and say it's all installed.
I did a thorough check of the system and omigosh , The alarm activates/deactives by locking/unlocking with the key in the door (It should only activate/deactivate with the remote). The Ford accessories guy says that it's normal, since the key is of the same car. I wondered if he is nuts or crazy. Explained to him that the alarm should only activate/deactivate with the remote. Not in any other way. He still doesn't understand, so I roll down the windows of the car, don't use the key and lock/unlock the car with the lock/unlock handle from inside (same result the alarm activates/deactives). I told him that they have definitely got the wiring wrong.
He spends time over it and finally unable to sort it out, says he'll get the autocop engineer to my place the next afternoon. Claims that it was already tested by that engineer (I wonder what the hell the guys tested). I asked him how many other cars they installed this alarm in, and he claims 10 cars so far (I pity the other car owners if they have the same issue and aren't aware of it ). I don't understand how this alarm is sold as a Fiesta plugin and untrained personnel installing it and not knowing how the hell to test it.
Yesterday, the same guy from Ford turns up at my place, the autocop engineer MIA (Missing in Action). We spent over 3 hours, changing the autocop cabling harness, changing couplers to other wires, no result, same darn issue.
Finally one autocop engineer turns up, guys seems to be a junior soul, spends another hour doing trivial stuff, (By now I'm impatient since I had a doctors appoint for my son and had told them about the timing earlier). I finally got really pissed and told them "stop fooling around and get someone proper to sort the issue, I don't care if it's his boss from Autocop or his MD. If he doesn't know his job, don't touch anything more."
He claims that his senior engineer is going to turn up at my place today along with the Ford chappie. Lets see what kind of magic they churn up.
If they are unable to make it work, I'm going to ask them to throw the thing down the loo and give me a fresh cabling harness for the one that they have already stuck the couplers a couple of times.

3. Alloy wheel for the spare:
I ordered the Ford OEM alloy wheel for the spare wheel. I expect to have it in 10 days time. The price quotes was approximately 5236/- if I remember correctly.

More updates to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
Hi autoenthusiast,Can you pls provide the details of the Alarm System ? I would wish to fit the same in my New Fiesta SXI, while taking delivery on 27th.Thanks in Advance.
Yup the system is Autocop ADX-3860, but they haven't yet managed to make it work in my car, check the above post. Shall let you all know once it's sorted out.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:20.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 08:27   #38
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Guys the next update.

1. Stain on front passenger seat:
My front passenger seat had a slight stain that wasn't noticeable under the seat plastic covers when I took delivery, after taking delivery, the moment I reached home I removed all the plastic covers (I hate plastic covers on the seats) and noticed the stain on the front seat upholstery. It seems to be a factory stain since the seat plastic cover itself was intact. Spoke to my ford dealer and they confirmed that they'll sort it out.
They did an upholstery cleaning the other day and said check the seat when it dries up, but the stain still remains. Going to speak with them about changing the seat base (which they should).
My suggestion to all who take new delivery, please remove the plastic covers off the seat at the dealership itself so that you can check the upholstery. Things like this are not noticeable under the plastic.


2. The Autocop alarm:
Darn this was a pathetic experience, spent my afternoon/evening at the Planet Ford dealer on Tuesday. After 4 hours they get back my car and say it's all installed.
I did a thorough check of the system and omigosh , The alarm activates/deactives by locking/unlocking with the key in the door (It should only activate/deactivate with the remote). The Ford accessories guy says that it's normal, since the key is of the same car. I wondered if he is nuts or crazy. Explained to him that the alarm should only activate/deactivate with the remote. Not in any other way. He still doesn't understand, so I roll down the windows of the car, don't use the key and lock/unlock the car with the lock/unlock handle from inside (same result the alarm activates/deactives). I told him that they have definitely got the wiring wrong.
He spends time over it and finally unable to sort it out, says he'll get the autocop engineer to my place the next afternoon. Claims that it was already tested by that engineer (I wonder what the hell the guys tested). I asked him how many other cars they installed this alarm in, and he claims 10 cars so far (I pity the other car owners if they have the same issue and aren't aware of it ). I don't understand how this alarm is sold as a Fiesta plugin and untrained personnel installing it and not knowing how the hell to test it.
Yesterday, the same guy from Ford turns up at my place, the autocop engineer MIA (Missing in Action). We spent over 3 hours, changing the autocop cabling harness, changing couplers to other wires, no result, same darn issue.
Finally one autocop engineer turns up, guys seems to be a junior soul, spends another hour doing trivial stuff, (By now I'm impatient since I had a doctors appoint for my son and had told them about the timing earlier). I finally got really pissed and told them "stop fooling around and get someone proper to sort the issue, I don't care if it's his boss from Autocop or his MD. If he doesn't know his job, don't touch anything more."
He claims that his senior engineer is going to turn up at my place today along with the Ford chappie. Lets see what kind of magic they churn up.
If they are unable to make it work, I'm going to ask them to throw the thing down the loo and give me a fresh cabling harness for the one that they have already stuck the couplers a couple of times.

3. Alloy wheel for the spare:
I ordered the Ford OEM alloy wheel for the spare wheel. I expect to have it in 10 days time. The price quotes was approximately 5236/- if I remember correctly.

More updates to follow.
Crazy ford people.Then why they giving us remote?may be to show others that the car have remote lock.Glenn dont leave them until they sort the problem.
Great i think o also have to order the spare OEM alloy.Otherwise its a headache.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 09:24   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Crazy ford people.Then why they giving us remote?may be to show others that the car have remote lock.Glenn dont leave them until they sort the problem.
Great i think o also have to order the spare OEM alloy.Otherwise its a headache.

Yup really nuts. Actually the remote works, it activates/deactives the alarm. But the thing is that it should only be via the remote, and not in any other way. Here in my case, the alarm activate/deactivates by 2 methods.
1. By the remote
2. By the front doors being locked/unlocked either by the key or the door handle from the inside.

This reduces the effectiveness of the alarm to zero. Not going to accept it till they sort out the problem.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 09:51   #40
BHPian
 
Swifty2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 236
Thanked: Once
Default

Can you please upload some pictures of your ride? After reading your posts, I'm eager to have a look at your ride.
Swifty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 11:02   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Finally it's working, the Planet Ford person came with another Autocop service engineer today morning. This Autocop FE seemed to be much more knowledgeable, they sorted out the alarm issue in a few minutes, and it now works seamlessly .

As for the seat that has the stain, spoke to Planet Ford today, and they have sent a notification to the factory, and would be providing me a new seat :-). Cheers that's what I call service, Ford A.S.S has come a long way it seems. cheers:

Now just the additional alloy for the spare that I should receive in 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Great i think o also have to order the spare OEM alloy.Otherwise its a headache.
That's true Jerish, having the alloys for the spare too makes sense for 4 reasons actually (I wish Ford had given it as standard),
1. Damage to an existing alloy (They seem to be tough Alloys so doubt that they might get damaged), but still with our kind of potholes you never know, and you have a spare. Peace of mind.
2. Punctures, I hate the look of a steel wheel on a car with a puncture, of course with Tubeless tyres the possibilities of a flat tyre are much less. Secondly having to swap the steel wheel back after a puncture is removed to have the alloy back on again is another major hassle.
3. You can do all 5 wheel rotation.
4. (I'm not really sure if this one would be an advantage) In terms of weight reduction in the car, I wonder how much lighter the alloy is compared to the steel wheel, does anyone have any idea ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
Can you please upload some pictures of your ride? After reading your posts, I'm eager to have a look at your ride.
Yes pictures on their way soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:16.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 14:56   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Yup the system is Autocop ADX-3860, but they haven't yet managed to make it work in my car, check the above post. Shall let you all know once it's sorted out.
Thanks for the Info Autoenthusiast, Let me check with my dealer in chennai whether they have it in stock. Will try and fit them in before taking delivery of the Car.
dskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:14   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default How can people be so sadistic ?

Well was in Mumbai today, seems my new vehicle caught some sadistic eyes. Was parked in the colony of my relatives place and some sadistic chap put a deep scratch all across on side of the vehicle from the front to the back. I wonder what kind of pleasure these sadists get by doing these kind of things. I feel I know who it is (someone who had a slight tickle since my vehicle was parked in that spot last night, though the spots are not reserved as per my relative), for a moment felt like doing the same to the guys vehicle, but then realised that it's not worth stooping down to the same kind of level as a cheap worm that the person is. That's what distinguishes a decent person from a cheap worm like the others. I also believe that each one pays for their own sins with the creator above and we don't need to stoop to the same dirty level compared to the others. That's what distinguishes us decent folks from the freaks of nature around us.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:13.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 00:42   #44
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Well was in Mumbai today, seems my new vehicle caught some sadistic eyes. Was parked in the colony of my relatives place and some sadistic chap put a deep scratch all across on side of the vehicle from the front to the back. I wonder what kind of pleasure these sadists get by doing these kind of things. I feel I know who it is (someone who had a slight tickle since my vehicle was parked in that spot last night, though the spots are not reserved as per my relative), for a moment felt like doing the same to the guys vehicle, but then realised that it's not worth stooping down to the same kind of level as a cheap worm that the person is. That's what distinguishes a decent person from a cheap worm like the others. I also believe that each one pays for their own sins with the creator above and we don't need to stoop to the same dirty level compared to the others. That's what distinguishes us decent folks from the freaks of nature around us.
omigosh its a painful feeling when someone does that - its happened to me and I was seething in anger, but then can't blame anyone unless you catch em red handed!! This is indeed sad man, dunno why such jealous morons exist. Get it checked if it can be touched up and is not to deep. Post a pic, maybe someone here can advise too !! Take care be calm and get the parking confusion clarified first thing.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:14.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:33   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Very SAD to hear this, that too on a brand new CAR. There are Lots of Marons with these kind of attitudes. Wondering what we can do, to avoid such idiots in future.
dskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Finally Finally!!! sudeep.bansal Introduce yourself 7 26th June 2013 23:04
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
Finally finally my digicam is here v12 Gadgets, Computers & Software 21 9th November 2010 11:52
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
Finally, finally , finally..after 2applications. I am here!! Fordmanchau Introduce yourself 4 22nd July 2009 15:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks