Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th December 2008, 07:02   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senhyd View Post
Dear All customers of Pride Honda

I have bought a CITY CVT from Pride Honda on 5th Nov' 2008. while putting on the car seat cover I found the brackets or the rear seat back rest is totally rusted and the trunk was with puddle of 15 litres of water. after week When I got my car back I found the safety bars and all metal parts behind the Dash board were totally rusted and corroded (see the photos). My car still with M/s Pride Honda and I had several mails sent to customer relations at Honda car India with photos, wrote mails to get reply from Vice Presiden or President of Honda India. but no luck yet. No favourable reply; Pride Honda has totally re-assembled the car at their service center at Bolaram Road but I have denied to accept this re-assembled car at new cost.

Whoever has bought the car from Pride Honda are advised to check their vehicle thoroughly if specially purchsed with in couple of months from Pride Honda, 36 Jubilee Hills.

Sabyasachi Sen
This looks to be even worse than jmathew’s case of http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vic-1-8-v.html (Peninsular Honda sells me a *new* repainted Honda Civic 1.8 V)

Sabyasachi, your photos have not appeared. Please post them – check FAQ on how to post it.

Mods, I suggest that this discussion be spawned off into a separate thread so that experienced t-bhpians can advise the affected person better rather than the discussions getting mixed up with discussions on ANHC ownership.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 08:30   #77

Default To the Owners of Honda from Pride Honda - Hyderabad

I am uploading the photos which some how didn't get uploaded may be due to my internet connection. otherwise the photos are available at Picasa Web Albums - senhyd - New car condi...#

Sabyasachi
Attached Images

senhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 10:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiculous. Looking at the photos, it makes one wonder whether the car was manufactured ages ago. That too being a Honda, this is simply unacceptable. I strongly urge you not to give in on this and demand a replacement from the dealer.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 11:32   #79
BHPian

Shucks, this is crazy, how can a dealer do this and be under the impression that the client won't notice ?

Blatant downright cheating. Is Honda reading this thread ?

SenHyd I also suggest you get in touch with the automags (Autocar / Overdrive) and have them put this in their grievance forum.

Parallely it would make sense to get in touch with a good consumer forum lawyer.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 13:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Terrible. That looks like it has been under some flood waters for few weeks..!!!
That's very poorly galvanzed mild steel parts, whereas these are supposed to be made of steel and power-coated?
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 14:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

SenHyd, This seems to be a Manufacturing defect. Nevertheless, should not let these dealers/manufacturers fleece us! Please escalate this to Honda India & Japan too! Might work in some cases!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 14:05   #82
Team-BHP Support

@Sen, sorry to see the state of vehicle which they delivered to you under the pretext of a brand new one. Action through is simple, go to any level with Honda authorities as it is possible until you get delivered a "brand new" car.

Don't give in to any of their alternate suggestions. This is straight forward cheating. Have you tried approaching the police authorities too? If no, try this trick. Tell Pride Honda that your doing that and will complain to them saying knowing well you sold this car and will file a case in the court too.

Hopefully, this should get you some prompt action. Keep us updated!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 14:17   #83

Thank you all the readers. It is an indeed a moral boost to me, which I was loosing since last one month. I have escalated it to Customer Response at Honda car. There one gentleman Mr. Jim Marvyn was in touch with me just to solace. I wanted their VP and President to reply me which I was told by Jim that VP has replied but unfotunately that didn't get delivered to me yet.

Mr. Suresh Reddy is trying to pacify me saying that he is taking all responsibility if anything happens future but I made my foot down for a replacement. But the funniest thing is that no one either from Honda or Dealer is able to explain how the water was inside and what dealer has done PDI?

Anyways battle is still on. I will kwwp posted about the latest happenings and will share with all of your dear friends.

Thanks again for sharing this sorrow with me.

Sabyasachi Sen
Old 8th December 2008, 17:02   #84
BHPian

This is simply unacceptable, forget a month and 'solace' if anyone in Honda has any sense and even the slightest sense of responsibility for their products they would have addressed your issue the moment you showed it to them.

It obvious this is a horribly defected piece and apart from this post you need to make a fresh post so it can be discussed separately and take it up with the press, the police and court system and other resources, hopefully some here can get you connected with the right people in Honda or someone from Honda could be reading this.

Also get in touch with Honda India's PR agency as these folks are usually in direct touch with senior management and sensitive to reputation damaging issues like this, show them the photos and tell them you are going to escalate this in the media unless this is resolved asap, forget a new car you also need to be compensated for running around like this waiting for a response from Honda after paying nearly 10 lakhs for a new car and instead getting a lemon. This has to be illegal.

Edit: PR agency could be Weber Shandwick Delhi or Accord Public Communications Delhi

Last edited by raul : 8th December 2008 at 17:09.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 00:34   #85

Default Mileage report- updated (measured thrice)

Hi All,

I have completed 1100 Km in my all new honda city till date and, I have measured the Mileage for the third time on my ANHC AT. I have got Xtra Premium petrol filled to the brim every time and the mileage I got is 10.9kmpl......City drive with AC on always...and the mileage meter (the digital meter in the car) shows 11.5 kmpl. I am happy with the mileage

I got my first service done and also got some accessories fixed...will post photographs in the next 2-3 days.

Cheers, Ravi
airportrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 10:46   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportrun View Post
Hi All,
I got my first service done and also got some accessories fixed...will post photographs in the next 2-3 days.

Cheers, Ravi
Hey which accessories have you fixed?? fogs?? please let us know the price of your accessories as well!
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 11:53   #87

Sen did you get in touch with the dealer? What did they say? Are you getting a replacement?

How do these guys maintain the stocks? Seems they keep the whole car open including the hood to be washed well by the rains...

Our cars are more than just cars to us, its a pity that we have to shell out handsome 'Green' one's for such quality and defective product.
PmmPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 13:07   #88

To all whi expressed anger to the Honda about my car condition: the dealer Pride Honda has ultimately agreed to take back the car. Yhough he offered me a replacement with white colour but I don't prefer White also felt that htis white may be of same delivered lot. Hrnce opted for New Honda City1.5S 5AT. it was delivered yesterday and today took it for the puja. I will post every bits of it once I gain experience of the car.

Thanks again.

Sabyasachi Sen
Old 9th December 2008, 14:13   #89
BHPian

Quote:
To all who expressed anger to the Honda about my car condition: The dealer Pride Honda has ultimately agreed to take back the car. Though he offered me a replacement with white colour but I don't prefer White also felt that this white may be of same delivered lot. Hence opted for New Honda City1.5S 5AT. It was delivered yesterday and today took it for the puja. I will post every bits of it once I gain experience of the car.

Thanks to all my friends of this blog.

Sabyasachi Sen
Thats great news buddy So which color did you take? Please post a few snaps....ENJOY!!
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 14:19   #90
BHPian

Quote:
To all who expressed anger to the Honda about my car condition: The dealer Pride Honda has ultimately agreed to take back the car. Though he offered me a replacement with white colour but I don't prefer White also felt that this white may be of same delivered lot. Hence opted for New Honda City1.5S 5AT. It was delivered yesterday and today took it for the puja. I will post every bits of it once I gain experience of the car.

Thanks to all my friends of this blog.

Sabyasachi Sen
Great to know that you got justice. So how did the deal work – you paid some difference or what? Was it due to some intervention from Honda or the dealer did it on his own?
Anyhow you deserve something good for the all the pain and agony. Good luck with your new car.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote