Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 14:03   #76
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
Hey Deva - Congratulations. Enjoy the car - it's a neat machine. Take it out of the city if you can. I quite agree with your view on the AC. Definitely NEEDS to be better for rear-seat passengers. Good suggestion in the previous post there about the films.

I think white is a great colour for the ANHC - are you getting alloys and the door shades fitted later? They look great on white.

Drive safe.
Thanks Vikster
Took it out of the city. It handles like a dream.
Unfortunately regarding the film, I was overeager and got a light film stuck in the first few days of purchasing the car. Now need to figure out how to change it without my wife noticing the difference.

Planning to get the Alloys, Possibly Black with metal shades. Again need the Home CFOs approval and need to show her what is the return on Investment on the Purchase.. Will build up a story around safety and increased fuel economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Congratulations on your new car deva



Yeah, a problem in the Civic as well. The lack of rear AC vents cause this problem. Alleviated with the use of sunfilm.



Are you following the run-in precautions? There are differing views on whether or not new age engines require any run-in, but it has done a good job in my case. Check this thread for details.. Also, your engine will become butter smooth after the first oil change.
.
Thank You ImmortalZ
I read the manual and the threads regarding the run in precautions a bit late . Hopefully the damage is limited. Will get an additional oil change done as part of the next Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
That is weird. My keys still have the images on them. A drop in quality of late by Honda perhaps.



They are supposed to be active for some time after the key is taken out in most cars. It is in the Civic. Dunno about the City.



Why bother comparing your car to others now that you've purchased it? Don't worry about things like that - the City is a very capable machine in its own right. Enjoy it

If you get the time, do write up about your ownership experiences.
I actualy did the test drive of the Linea for a friend. He drove my City and took the test drive of Linea and took me along for my opinion. Since the car was rarely going to be owner driven and would be covering a lot of miles wih parents at the back, I actually recommended him the Linea Diesel Emotion Pack. Keeping in mind his experiences with such valuable advices I had provided him over the years, he went for the City and is extremely happy with it ...
devakj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 03:23   #77
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Thanks Vikster
Took it out of the city. It handles like a dream.
Unfortunately regarding the film, I was overeager and got a light film stuck in the first few days of purchasing the car. Now need to figure out how to change it without my wife noticing the difference.

Planning to get the Alloys, Possibly Black with metal shades. Again need the Home CFOs approval and need to show her what is the return on Investment on the Purchase.. Will build up a story around safety and increased fuel economy.
Let me know if you need additional outside support (albeit from a nation that has no government, if you know what I mean). Black alloys -hmm.. I suggest sticking with metallic ones - the "spokier" variety. Post pics when you get them fitted though. I'm planning on March for the next upgrade. Lay out some FE figures for us when you get the time. Drive on.
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 14:07   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I am not happy with the ANHCs headlights. They are just not adequate. I wish to upgrade the stalk bulbs into one of a higher wattage without affecting the warranty!

Can anyone please advise what wattage and brand to go for and the possible negative effect on the reflector due to the upgrade? Secondly, do I necessarily approach the dealer to avoid any warranty issues?
sandeep.mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 14:18   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

The manual specifies 91 Octane. I think 87 Octane fuel is not retailed in Metros and mini metro's in India
sandeep.mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 23:20   #80
Newbie
 
darshisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Mumbai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Considering the ANHC

Plan on buying the ANHC in a couple of days. Dealer said they can get the car to me in 4-5 days - hope that's true.

I like the car, but it does seem a bit too plasticy inside, does it not? Even the last City had more fabric on the door panels - which adds some elegance.

The engine seemed very smooth and responsive. I have a 2008 Honda Civic Si (197 BHP) in Los Angeles, and I thought this engine revved just as freely as my Si, and it certainly seemed well planted, with the steering responding fairly precisely. The car is begging for nice roads, perhaps some 205 16" wheels. (The thing with the Si, though, is that it can seem harmless at low RPMs, but as soon as it hits 5800 it blows past anything else on the road - an excellent VTEC, very similar to the one in the S2000, I thought.)

Anyway, kind of excited about getting it. I'm afraid there will be some role reversal with me and my driver after I get this car.
darshisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 09:34   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshisen View Post
I like the car, but it does seem a bit too plasticy inside, does it not? Even the last City had more fabric on the door panels - which adds some elegance.
Did you see the pre-facelift model with dull biege interior or the latest upgrade which has very bright (almost yellow) biege?
I did not like the silver paint finish on the door inserts. But there seems to be a variant in which they have retained the black inserts.

Last edited by Guna : 16th November 2009 at 09:41.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 21:08   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshisen View Post
Plan on buying the ANHC in a couple of days. Dealer said they can get the car to me in 4-5 days - hope that's true.

I like the car, but it does seem a bit too plasticy inside, does it not? Even the last City had more fabric on the door panels - which adds some elegance.

The engine seemed very smooth and responsive. I have a 2008 Honda Civic Si (197 BHP) in Los Angeles, and I thought this engine revved just as freely as my Si, and it certainly seemed well planted, with the steering responding fairly precisely. The car is begging for nice roads, perhaps some 205 16" wheels. (The thing with the Si, though, is that it can seem harmless at low RPMs, but as soon as it hits 5800 it blows past anything else on the road - an excellent VTEC, very similar to the one in the S2000, I thought.)

Anyway, kind of excited about getting it. I'm afraid there will be some role reversal with me and my driver after I get this car.
Funnily enough, the ANHC is the only car in the current Indian Honda range where the VTEC system has wild cams. Everything else is an economy version. The Si head is a gem with the same twin personality syndrome. Good car.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 21:37   #83
BHPian
 
Tommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 44 Times
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I had found the same problem when i TD it last night. Fog lamps might a decent option but as JK mentioned it would be expensive , thanks to Honda s super pricey list

I dont think its a disaster. Its decent to say the least. Common Ramie bhai its not that bad as Baleno.
I found an option to the honda's pricey fog lamps. They are after market foglamps from an ex-OEM manufacturer. It cost only Rs 5500/-. They are Taiwan based manufacturer producting for higher end cars such as Honda Accord, Nissan and have been in the Indian market for more than 10 years. If you are in Bangalore you can find a pair at HotTracks-Austin Town, Bangalore

Details about company:
[COLOR=#3b5998]http://www.esuse.com.tw/product.htm[/COLOR]

Last edited by bblost : 27th November 2009 at 21:48. Reason: font tags removed
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:39   #84
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Iam new to team-BHP, had been a silent reader though from years..

I own ANHC - RED S Variant Manual, I have the same issue with the head lights. I find it hard while driving in streets with poor lighting!!!

Did anyone upgrade them? if so what are the specs...

I tried to get it done from the showroom, but there answer was NO!!!

Insurance would be void on electrical in case I fix them outside... it's a road block..:-(

Fog lights from Honda are way too expensive...

Last edited by raghu230506 : 19th January 2010 at 12:51.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 21:13   #85
BHPian
 
nayyar.rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

[quote=devakj;1149568]Thanks Vikster
Took it out of the city. It handles like a dream.
Unfortunately regarding the film, I was overeager and got a light film stuck in the first few days of purchasing the car. Now need to figure out how to change it without my wife noticing the difference.

quote]
Hey Deva. I recommend not to go ahead with changing the film. Reason being the rear windshield. In 100% of the cases the defogger alloy gets scraped when the installer tries to clean the gum using his scraper.
THE ONLY option you have is to replace the glass in that scenario which is an expensive affair. So even if it is a little light or you feel is a bit scratchy or slightly bubbled...try to live with it.....else it is going to cost.....
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 20:40   #86
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
I found an option to the honda's pricey fog lamps. They are after market foglamps from an ex-OEM manufacturer. It cost only Rs 5500/-. They are Taiwan based manufacturer producting for higher end cars such as Honda Accord, Nissan and have been in the Indian market for more than 10 years. If you are in Bangalore you can find a pair at HotTracks-Austin Town, Bangalore

Details about company:
[COLOR=#3b5998]http://www.esuse.com.tw/product.htm[/COLOR]

Can u kindly post the pictures of ur car installed with this fog lamp how is the after effect? is it easy to install or any modificationas needed please brief me about it thank u in advance.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 20:44   #87
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Where can i get this Esuse fog lamps in chennai any one who knows pls guide me
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 22:25   #88
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: mUM
Posts: 17
Thanked: Once
Smile

I am planning to get a ANHC. I was a little concerned with the 175 tyres and the salesman was telling me that upgrading it to even 185 would void the warranty. Is this correct?
KK396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 00:55   #89
BHPian
 
hrmanju1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 184
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
Music - i don't know what the fuss is about actually. I find it incredibly convenient. I have about 400 CDs-worth of music on the iPod and I keep the pod neatly tucked away in the slot provided and am able to control it from the steering-mounted controls. Excellent! And great sound too for a stock.
Hi, do you use the Aux cable or the USB cable for connecting iPOD to the music system? (Confused as i am thinking if we use AUX, how can we control the iPOD)
hrmanju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 01:13   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK396 View Post
I am planning to get a ANHC. I was a little concerned with the 175 tyres and the salesman was telling me that upgrading it to even 185 would void the warranty. Is this correct?
I dont think that upgrading to a wider tyre will void warranty. Honda says warranty void on Up-sizing rim size. btw are u planning to use the same rim, i guess that wont be possible, you will need a new set of rims and with 1.5 V model doesnt make sense as they already come with alloys.
mailmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City mdsaab Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 472 25th May 2014 00:24
ANHC SMT or ANHC EMT with Caska HU alam86 Sedans 19 16th September 2013 15:59
ABS lights on after ignition (Honda City) EasyR1der Technical Stuff 5 1st April 2012 14:22
Anyone Has Round Heal Lights(Angel Eyes) Like the BMW For Honda City 1.5 vtec? ollie Modifications & Accessories 26 7th July 2006 17:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks