Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2005, 16:32   #31
BHPian

The Tucson runs on 4WD mode from stand still,by default,till 35kmph,after which the drive shifts to only 2WD.The 4WD lock switch will,however, manually enable the vehicle to run in 4WD mode without any speed limit.The Safari has an electronic 'Borg & Wagner' Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD system,which just replaces the manual shifter.It has specified speeds for shifting from 2H to 4L or 4H,I don't remember the exact speeds tough.We've got an Ebony Black Demo car,which I've taken for a short test drive.Initial impression is good,but I'll reserve my comments till I get a proper feel of the car.I'm posting a few photos of the car,no on display in the showroom.

Cheers!

coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2005, 15:20   #32
BHPian

Test drove a tuscon today. Give you some feed back.

handling is the best of all SUV I drove till now in india. Space and curves inside resemble me of a Lexus RX 300. seats are comfortable if you are familiar with any bigger cars. Engine has superb response with trottle and steering is very precise, you can drive it like a small hatch back. very smooth ride over bumps(didnt feel any bumps on the road). I felt this is the SUV I want all these years in india.(didnt drive terracan or pajero ) gears are quite responsive but lacked refinement. Quite torquier and horses coming out after 3000 rpm.

Yes the Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD system with a buton on the ride side with EPS.

A/C sucks a big time means a big time and a bigtime. not the quality i was expecting from 17 lk car. Next time I am going off road with it and give you some more stuff..
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2005, 20:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Seen a white Tucson today. Managed a blurred pic.

Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2005, 20:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

maan gordon that pic makes the tuscon look like its doing sub 10 sec for 0-100 !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2005, 20:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ive seen one or two Tucsons around , I just love the looks!!! I seriously hope this car becomes a success, it surely deserves to succeed!!
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 09:50   #36
Team-BHP Support

Good SuV under 10L. I guess the new Tata Safari will fit the bill. If they introduce it at the same price, the olny competition safari will have is the Scorpio
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2005, 16:53   #37
BHPian

Beemer, can u plz tell me what is the Mileage u getting on it? in city and on highways.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2005, 16:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Dude

You're running three threads on one topic, namely the purchase of an SUV.

Yes the new Tata Safari will probably fit the bill and be a whole lot cheaper as well - I am hoping for the latter, because I may just cancel my Innova booking for a Safari which I thought was one of the most comfortable vehicles to travel in India.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2005, 17:22   #39
BHPian

Nice report you got there man...touching 120 in Delhi,that's great.
But, Hyundai's got to wait for its nightmare when Toyota release the Fortuner.
Sid Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2005, 02:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Beemer, can u plz tell me what is the Mileage u getting on it? in city and on highways.
Well i am sorry insane devil , i wont be able to help you out in the exact figures as i had already mentioned somewhere in my earlier post that i am no more interested in buying Tucson cos when my friends/ family members saw the car , not even a single soul recommended me to buy and at the end of the day i am happy with my final decision .

Yes , the car is expensive but having said that , i still stand by all the things i said for the Tucson , no doubt IMO it is a great car and truly shows/indicates that if Hyundai does keep on going at this pace ,it will be a force to reckon with in the near future .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
touching 120 in Delhi,that's great .
I had to do that to check out the power train and above all the brakes of the car cos i never used to check brakes thoroughly before finalising my purchase but after the horrible experience i had , i cant afford to miss out again and i would like to request/ recommend all my frenz out there that please before buying a car , do check out the brakes thoroughly and when i say thoroughly , i mean 100-0 or may be 120-0 kmph or further but ya you are damn lucky if you succeed in doing that , atleast in the metros .

Last edited by Beemer : 2nd July 2005 at 02:06.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2005, 12:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
Nice report you got there man...touching 120 in Delhi,that's great.
But, Hyundai's got to wait for its nightmare when Toyota release the Fortuner.

Sids, Hyundai is not going to get any nightmares from Toyota, but in fact, all the ppl here thinking that the Fortuner will be launched in the range of Tuc and CRV's will be in for a big nightmare, coz have been recently reading of it, they r launching it at a category of the Terracan and Xtrail. so expect the Fortuner to be priced at par with those cars. when Mitsubishi is selling its S**ty pajero for around 19-20 lk, do u think Fortuner will be priced less than it? no way man! coz the Fortuner is a good vehicle, and will come with good luxury features too.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote