Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th December 2008, 14:44   #1
BHPian

Smile The Paprika 1.6 -fiesta ZXi

After months of waiting and lots of queries which lead me straight to the swift VDi plainly for the fun factor.Seems the year 2008 wanted to leave something real sweet in my memories and that was by a surprise shift to the American side.. the ford fiesta..
the recent discounts had an immediate effect on me.my monthly running was below 1000kms and a diesel wasn't justifiable by T-bhp standards.so went right in for a look at the petrol.
i am just back after a detailed look and experience at teh ford showroom.
at first the brains were blowing over which model to take,EXi or ZXi!!!
the defogger was a real good things along with remote boot opening,electric OVRM window adjusters and the rear headrests and the height adjustment for driver seat(very important cause my mom will be using it too at times)

After settling with the model i had one hell of a time deciding on the color.the morella(grape violet) was hard to get soon,so dropped that.rest of them were ready.then it was lighter or darker shades decision!!the showroom people were.. "darks show scratches easy.lighter specially white will show how easily it can get dirty!!so i went for a little subtle,and booked the paprika red color!

The sad part is that the ZXi doesn't have music system so at last had decided to go for the kenwood 336 with ford speakers(4 in number-2 ovals behind and 2 front door speakers)!!this was an offer for 10k from ford.he also told me that jbl would fit but would have to leave one screw undone just to keep it intact in the given space for speakers in the car.

anyways,floor mats, mud flaps are free accessories and im planning to get a little more free when i get the car handed over.thats for now,a good day till now.waiting to hear your valuable suggestions and comments.

peace out..
ariendj
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 14:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Congrats ariendj. How much is the booking amount, and when is the car expected?
Just this morning, i read you would be visiting the Ford showroom, and how you say you've already booked it!
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 15:20   #3
BHPian

@benbsb29
i booked it for 10k.and will be getting the car on thursday(11 dec) but have asked for a chance of delivery a day earlier if possible.
i really found comfort levels good enough.
is there anything im missing to inquire about!! or should i ask any more freebies??
Old 8th December 2008, 15:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Congrats, did you avail the huge discount that Ford has recently offered for the Fiesta Petrol? And if yes, how much was the OTR for your car?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 15:30   #5
BHPian

i got a discount of 75k for the ZXi which totaled to 6.5L on road price.

for EXi ,i would have got a discount of 91k(6.06L on road) but i wanted the few more features given in the ZXi.
Old 8th December 2008, 15:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good buy, specially at the moment. Enjoy the power.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 15:31   #7
BHPian

Paprika red!

Happy driving and happy wax polishing buddy!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 15:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Paprika red!

Happy driving and happy wax polishing buddy!
i guess except for white all the other cars require good polishing in between.i had one hell of a time deciding!! but im sure paprika is much better off in dust aspect than black or morella.
btw,i want suggestions on what shade sunfilm tints i should go for.and would we able to get fog lamps for fiesta cheaper from outside the ford showrooms(they gave a price of 5200)
Old 8th December 2008, 16:52   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i guess except for white all the other cars require good polishing in between.i had one hell of a time deciding!! but im sure paprika is much better off in dust aspect than black or morella.
btw,i want suggestions on what shade sunfilm tints i should go for.and would we able to get fog lamps for fiesta cheaper from outside the ford showrooms(they gave a price of 5200)
YOu get good sunfilms from 1K to 2.5K from different brands. Dealers really fleece you for those additional accessories. You can get some decent fog lamps from outside for about 3K.

And, why do you think that white does not need polishing? I am going to polish white also as vigorously as i do my red
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 17:30   #10
Team-BHP Support

Between the other color you were referring to is 'Morello' and not morella.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 19:44   #11
BHPian

Congratulations Ariendj, the 1.6 is an awesome motor, a pleasure to drive. You are definitely gonna enjoy the thrill in flooring the pedal.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 20:19   #12
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations ariendj, great purchase and enjoy your car.

Welcome to the 1.6 club. Please post some pics on the delivery of the car and do check the PDI of the car from the list available with Team-bhp.

O.T : Are you a DJ
fidaford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 20:31   #13
BHPian

thanks all for your heartiest compliments.and im glad to join the fiesta gang!!
im just finalizing on few accessories as of now!

@fidaford: il surely get pics as soon as i get teh car in my hands!!
and ya im kinda DJ
Old 8th December 2008, 20:34   #14
BHPian

Congrats ariendj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i got a discount of 75k for the ZXi which totaled to 6.5L on road price.

for EXi ,i would have got a discount of 91k(6.06L on road) but i wanted the few more features given in the ZXi.
the on road price of a EXi in Bangalore is about 6.4L considering that 6.5L for zxi is a sweet deal
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 17:27   #15
BHPian

would i be eligible for the recent cut in prices by the govt. along with the present offer discount.
if ford giving it for any other models??