Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th January 2009, 10:19   #31
WDB

Did my FE run and figure got was 14.1 Kmpl. This is from cut-off to cut-off. Done at 1200 KM during run in, this has nearly 60% in city and 40% highway ride with 90% AC on. Not sure if this are good figures!

Planning for first service at this week end.
WDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 17:06   #32
BHPian

Man! These are excellent figures considering the size of the car and that it is petrol. You must be a very good driver coupled with the fact that the car if driven well gives good FE.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 18:43   #33
BHPian

Considering this car runs on petrol and first service is still pending and weight of the car; these are the excellent figures. Congrats man for getting first saffire mileage figures.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 18:55   #34
BHPian

I second Nitin there. Those are indeed real good figures. I sometimes get those figures with my M800!!

@WDB: How was the highway performance (other than the FE) of the car?
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 10:13   #35
BHPian

thats gr8 FE for a heavy petrol car during run-in! I was imagining that would be the rough figure post run-in!

please give details of your driving style and also the tyre pressure you maintain.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 18:22   #36

Question

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum. I have spent lot of time reading the threads in this forum for the last few days. I must say that this is a great forum and is very useful especially to beginners like me.

Based on my requirements (Space, Usage of 400-500 kms/month and occasional long drives, Budget etc), I have decided to go for Indica Vista Saffire - Aqua version.

Following is the breakup that I got from Prerana Motors, Bangalore:

Invoice Price: 359283
Comp Insurance (Sundaram): 11217
Life Time Road Tax: 47425
Regn, Trsn & other charges: 4000
Extended Warranty: 4425

On Road Price: 426350.

I spoke with Deputy Sales Manager to enquire about any discounts and freebies . He is not able to give any corporate discount to me as the company (MNC - Semiconductors) that I work for, doesnt have any tie-up with TATA

But he is ready to give the following accessories for free: Mud Flaps, Foot Mats, Keyless Entry, Steering Grip, and either Sun Films (or) Seat Covers. He advised me to go for Sun Films instead of Seat Covers as the dealer will fit whatever they have at that time and I may not like the covers. He told me that all these accessories are worth around 9k.

Can you guys let me know if this a good bargain? (4.26 lakh on-road and 9k worth accessories free).

Some more questions:

* Is it worth getting quotations from other insurance companies? Dealer's insurance is from Sundaram - 11,217. Is this good enough?

* I am planning to buy the ICE later, once I get the car. I guess the ICE fitment will not void the warranty. Am I correct?

* Somewhere in the forum I read it is better to go for Bridgestone tyres instead of company fitted ones. Does anyone have an idea on the price difference that I may have to pay extra?

* Are wheel caps (full) standard in Safire Aqua? I have seen two different brochures of Indica Vista. In one brochure it is mentioned that Full Wheel Caps are applicable only for Quadrajet and TDI and not for Safire. In the other brochure, it is mentioned that full wheel caps are standard in Aqua and Aura versions (all three engine variants). Which one is correct? In the first place, I do not even know what they mean by half wheel caps .. Pardon my ignorance. I am new to driving and cars for that matter. This is going to be my first car.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
itsmejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 21:30   #37
BHPian

Default Hi Itsme Jack

Hello ItsmeJack,
I have a Cavern Grey Vista TDI Aqua, reply to your questions:
1) I found your deal quite ok, I have got only floor mat from dealer no other freebies, but better that this deal to some other dealer in your area and ask for more things.
2) Half wheelcaps are for TDI model its a small circular disc which covers only the wheel mounting bolts but does not cover the entire wheel like wheel caps. For AQUA the wheel caps are full.
3) Bridgestone tyres are better than other tyres given for VISTA. I am luck to get a Bridgestone tyre model.Ask for Bridgestones only.I didnot pay a single rupee extra for getting Bridgestones.
4) Regarding ICE warranty,I was also afraid same like you so I purchased the ICE from outside and got it fitted from Car Dealer and took a fitment bill from Car dealer. He was not ready but I told him I wont purchase car from him if he doesnot fit the ICE. He charged 400 for labour(after bargain which is quite high) and 350 rs for Coupler (wiring harness joining Headset to Car Harness)You can read all about my experience in detail at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tup-vista.html

As per the Car Manual you should not fit anyother accessory which is not approved by Tata Motors, but practical experience has shown that they will void warranty if the car wiring harness is cut.If you take care of it when you fit it from ICE dealer it wont affect your warranty. Only thing is you will have to fight with Car dealer and prove that you have taken all the precautions and so warranty cant be void.These are all gimmicks so that we purchase the Crap and double costly accessories from Car dealers.You can see in the above link my bad experience with ICE fitment at the Car dealer.To make the Car dealer Happy I had to purchase a Car Body Cover worth 1200 rs which is available outside at only Rs 450.

5) My suggestion contact RevHappy from Bangalore he will help you out for the VFM ICE fitment.He is a very good guy.
amit_purohit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 11:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Invoice Price: 359283
Comp Insurance (Sundaram): 11217
Life Time Road Tax: 47425
There is something amiss here.

the road tax works out to 13.2 % of the ex showroom cost, whereas the road tax in blr for cars having floor area of upto 5sq meters and upto 5 lakhs is 12 %. chech it here http://rto.kar.nic.in/TaxaAmen2008.pdf

Also, the Vista Saffire is not exactly a high seller, so you need to bargain hard with the dealer. It is inconcievable that you are not getting any cash discounts. he is taking you for a ride.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 13:37   #39

Thanks @amit_purohit20 and @himanshugoswami for your suggestions.

I will check with the dealer and see if I can get some more discount. Other option for me is to wait till the month end and contact the dealer for good discounts :-)

I specifically asked Prerana guys if the breakup they have given will be the exact same one reflected in the invoice/bill, to which they agreed and even showed me some invoices

@himanshugoswami : After looking at your post, I calculated the road tax to be 47425 (12% of ex-showroom price i.e. 43114 + 10% service tax on 43114 i.e. 4311), which exactly matches the quotation. Is this ok?

Yesterday I received a mail from Tata Motors asking for my feedback regarding the test drive and also for any clarifications. I have asked them for some clarifications and they responded pretty quickly. Copied the mail below:

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in the Indica Vista. Please find below the answers to your queries. Please come back to me in case you want any further clarification.

Thanks for your mail. I am really interested in buying Indica Vista Safire (Aqua). Interior space is too good and no other car can match this. I plan to book the vehicle in this week if everthing goes well.

I have few questions regarding Vista:

* Is IndicaVista tested and certified by ARAI? I have recently checked that Nano is certified by ARAI : Around 23.1 kmpl mileage. Can you let me know if there is a number for Vista Safire as well?
ARAI certified mileage is 15.7 kms/litre
* Can I go for aftermarket Music system and speakers? I have read in a forum that some dealers do not allow this (and insist on buying their own music system) saying that it will void company warranty. Is this true?
If you are buying Aqua variant then you can go for after market music system without any issue (though we insist that you fit only Tata Motors approved genuine accessories only for your benefit). In Aura variant we provide music system as standard equipment.

* I have contacted one dealer regarding the corporate discount. He mentioned that there is no corporate discount as the company (Multinational company - Semiconductors field) that I work for does not have a tie-up with tata motors...

We have various categories under which we classify companies. Please book the vehicle with Concorde Motors, Bangalore. Once you have booked the vehicle they will take approval from me for corporate discount. It will be in the range of 4 to 6 thousand rupees.

Warm Regards
Shakti Sarangi
Territory Manager
PCBU
Bangalore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prerana guys haven't even heard of ARAI and I had to educate them

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th April 2009 at 11:21. Reason: Font tags and 3rd smiley removed. Please read the ANNOUNCEMENTS section before continuing. Thanks.
Old 11th April 2009, 12:04   #40
BHPian

@ItsmeJack

I would suggest check out Concorde motors as well, i have a feeling their price is 1K less than the other dealers in Bangalore also since they are part of Tata motors they get preferential treatment and waiting period is lesser and you have more choices.

You can tell concorde that you are getting huge discount from Prerana and try and haggle for more discounts although I doubt you will get much, I notice that Bangalore dealers are more stubborn than the rest of the country.

Dude, why dont you go for the Aura version? it is only about 25K more but then it includes music system which you will anyway have to get, so minus 10k from that so for a cost of 15K more you get the following:
1) Beige interiors: This makes the car look really upmarket, the grey interiors of the Aqua can get very boring after some time , Its gre-grey everywhere! and then it will be difficult/ impossible to change it later.
2) Rear Power windows
3) Height adjustable driver's seat: This can be very important also, because the Aqua's seats are a bit too high and on long journey's you might want to lower it a bit and push the seat back and stretch your legs.
4) You get rear wiper: although might not be very important. It can be used to show off
5)Rear fog lamps
6) dual tone seats: athough this may not be important if you are planning for seat covers.

The TDI version doesn't have Aura, otherwise I would have gone for it.

@amit_purohit20, Please start a thread about your ownership experience of the TDI. We have very very few Vista TDI's on the forum.

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 11th April 2009 at 12:21.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 13:08   #41

@revhappy

I ruled out Concorde mainly because of the proximity of Prerana service centre (old madras road) to my house (less than 2 kms).

I might visit the prerana showroom sometime this week to pay the booking amount. I will check the Aura version's music system and audio output once before deciding. I initially ruled out Aura, as lot of people in the forum mentioned that the Aura ICE is not really upto the mark. On road price of Aura version is 4.54 lakhs.

I am also confused about the color. Am not able to decide between black and gala red. I have almost decided on black until one of my friends warned of high maintenance (cleaning required, scratches visibility etc) for black color cars. He also told me that the AC will not be that effective (He has Getz - black color). Can the forum gurus comment on this and list out pros/cons of black vs red? I am actually ok with either colors and will decide based on your suggestions.
Old 14th April 2009, 22:58   #42
BHPian

Do not go for dark colours, the car really gets hot and yes it looks dirty very very easily because of dust quite easily visible on it. I have taken cavern grey and talking from my experience.Also the car gets quite hot easily.Silver,Marine silver,options are available in lighter shades.
amit_purohit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 01:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just because you buy from concorde does not mean you have to service from concorde. Prerna should be happy to service it for you. in fact , car service is far more lucrative than car sales. That said, concorde is among the better dealers/ASC's in bangalore
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 18:33   #44
BHPian

Yes Amit Purohit is right. I also own Cavern Grey Vista. This color looks good only when you wash the car. Otherwise it attracts dust very easily and dust is very visible. After that color looks dull.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 13:23   #45
BHPian

@WDB : Its a long time since we had you post on this thread, how is your ride, most importantly what's the FE now that you must have run it in completely ? My friend is looking at the Vista Safire and I would like to give some real life data and not the usual test ride reports from various magazines.

Thanks.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote