Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th April 2009, 19:09   #46

Question

I booked Tata Indica Vista Safire (Infinity Black) last week.

Today I went to check the car prior to registration (Thanks to Team-BHP checklist). Odometer shows 82 kms. Dealer mentioned that this number is because of PDI/Testing.

I was able to decode the chassis number (from other post in this forum) and find the manufacturing month/year to be Jan 2009.

But I am not able to get any information from the Engine Number. It's 310A6600 - 0702605. I just want to be sure that the engine is manufactured in 2009. Does anyone in the forum know how to decode the engine number for Vista? They will take the car for registration tomorrow.

I will get the car on Monday.
itsmejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 14:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejack View Post
I booked Tata Indica Vista Safire (Infinity Black) last week.

Today I went to check the car prior to registration (Thanks to Team-BHP checklist). Odometer shows 82 kms. Dealer mentioned that this number is because of PDI/Testing.

I was able to decode the chassis number (from other post in this forum) and find the manufacturing month/year to be Jan 2009.

But I am not able to get any information from the Engine Number. It's 310A6600 - 0702605. I just want to be sure that the engine is manufactured in 2009. Does anyone in the forum know how to decode the engine number for Vista? They will take the car for registration tomorrow.

I will get the car on Monday.
Hi, I advise you not to put up such sensitive info as the engine no on the forum.

Hope you are having fun with your Vista.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 22:11   #48
BHPian

Hey long time no update. I was myself thinking about the Vista Safire , could you tell me how does the car feel to drive with 5 people and luggage. I have driven with total 2 people and no luggage and the car seemed pretty powerful with respect to pick up.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote