Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st December 2008, 10:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congtatulations on your new Vista, by far the best Indica ever made till date. The QJD is the way to go. How about some interior pictures? Red looks great on the Vista. Keep updating the thread with your impressions.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 10:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
3. A thud from the boot whenever i brake suddenly. i heard someone else complaining about it.
I was the one complaining about this issue in my vista TDI.
I was suspecting the Jack or the dickey mat. I still haven't tried to find out what the issue is (me being a lazy bum). I will try finding it out this weekend.

I also had the "remote fuel lid not openning easily" issue.

So the Vista has its share of niggles afterall.
As long as these are minor and can be sorted out using warranty, I think its livable. But still a bit disappointing. The only way to get over this disappointment would be drive for miles and compensate using the savings on the fuel.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 11:33   #33
BHPian

on everyone's demand! The attachment has some interior pics. check it out guyz. I have also tagged some of my comments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Car pics.pdf (342.2 KB, 467 views)
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 11:49   #34
BHPian

some more pics. well the backdrop is really shabby deliberately parked it there so that my interiors look better. Im already following forum tips on photography too.

actually i wanted the under-seat tray to be displayed. It can be only partly seen. I think its not a bad idea to use the space underneath. Tata's have given good thought to this car.

I will pose better exterior pics in a couple of days. Need to get my car cleaned now, and the nitty gritties fixed.

and aaah, a cycle wala, scratched my car yesterday. my heart's bleeding gala red.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011397.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011398.jpg  

Old 31st December 2008, 11:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
1. a queaking noise coming out from one of the joints of left front seat. esp when a 70+ kg person sits there. no noise when my wife or my sis sits there.
3. A thud from the boot whenever i brake suddenly. i heard someone else complaining about it.
4. the lock of 0.60X part of the seat is not functioning well.0.4X is fine.
1. Squeaking noise is of plastic, just recline the seat fully up-down 4-5 times and then adjust to your desired position. If sound still continues, then service guys will just oil the fixtures.
3. Not sure it is the same, but old Indica used to give similar kind of sound on breaking mostly on slopes, it sounds as if somebody has banged from behind. The reason was given that it was because of the new brakes and this sound will got with time, if it is the same then I will be dissapointed that they did not fix it.
4. If you are pushing the seats gently, it may no lock, you need to give a real hard push to get the locks locked.

By the way, congrats on your new ride, I love the value proposition of Vista, nothing can beat it in terms of space, comfort, ride and ofcourse the overall value.
rajdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 01:01   #36
BHPian

Default More problems noticed.....take note all u vista owners.

I decided to take my car for a wash and guess what- to my disappointment I discovered another new problem. The bonnet opening lever was not releasing the lock and it wasn't opening. Somehow managed to open it up. The cleaner notice it wasnt closing up there after. I noticed that the washer with the not bolts was smaller than the hole itself. I decided then and there that it'd been enough. so many issues cropping so early. I took it to the BU Bhandari Service center and complained about all the issues Ive had. I told them to replace the a bigger washer. Pics posted below before and after replacing washer.

Just when my car was getting done up, another new vista rolled in with the same problem of bonnet lock. I immediately asked owner of that car to get the washer replaced. that was it.

SOPE ALL U VISTA OWNER CHECK YOUR BONNET LOCK AND GO GET THE WASHERS REPLACED IMMEDIATELY. IT SHOULD BE DONE FREE OF COST.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0104.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0105.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2009, 01:40   #37
BHPian

Default Newer pics

here are some newer pics of my vista. Just after her first bath! vista looks cracker in gala red.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011430.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011431.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011432.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011433.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2009, 01:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
I was the one complaining about this issue in my vista TDI.
As long as these are minor and can be sorted out using warranty, I think its livable. But still a bit disappointing. The only way to get over this disappointment would be drive for miles and compensate using the savings on the fuel.

Cheers,
Nitin
Nitin, chek the bonnet lock and replace the washers.
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:17   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the new car on a new year. Enjoy the ride and let it go through a proper run in for the first couple of months.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:16   #40
BHPian

Hey Kunal, nice pics mate, both the exteriors and the pdf file. Can you tell me what is it you have shown on the rear seat pics there? One shows 0.4 X and the other 0.6 X, what are these numbers?
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Hey Kunal, nice pics mate, both the exteriors and the pdf file. Can you tell me what is it you have shown on the rear seat pics there? One shows 0.4 X and the other 0.6 X, what are these numbers?
the rear seat is a 60:40 split seat. I tried to show how folding on par creates good space back in the boot. this feature in not available in swift (VDi) or Fiat Palio (SDX).
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:26   #42
BHPian

Hi Kunal,
Your car looks awesome. Especially with the tints and the blackened window panes.

I have a question for you.
Did the blackened window panes come in stock or did you get it done?
Is it painted black or is it stickering?
I would like to do it for my car as mine is body color window panes.
But I am wondering whether I should do it only for the B-pillar only or for the entire window panes.

Also the tint colour looks perfect. not too dark-not too light. Which company is it? What shade? How much did it cost you?

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:35   #43
BHPian

Hey Kunal,

Did you got the rear windscreen tinted by the sun film as well? If yes, then does the de-fogger works fine with a film on it, if at all you got a chance to use the de-fogger.

Please suggest.

Cheers.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hey Kunal,

Did you got the rear windscreen tinted by the sun film as well? If yes, then does the de-fogger works fine with a film on it, if at all you got a chance to use the de-fogger.

Please suggest.

Cheers.
yes, i got the rear filmed too and the defogger works just fine. I have used it once already. Didn't find any issues.
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Hi Kunal,
Your car looks awesome. Especially with the tints and the blackened window panes.

I have a question for you.
Did the blackened window panes come in stock or did you get it done?
Is it painted black or is it stickering?
I would like to do it for my car as mine is body color window panes.
But I am wondering whether I should do it only for the B-pillar only or for the entire window panes.

Also the tint colour looks perfect. not too dark-not too light. Which company is it? What shade? How much did it cost you?

Cheers,
Nitin
the panes were stock. i did discuss it before i paid for the car. i wanted black panes. it was inclusive in the ex-showroom price.

i have put 3M Sunfilm. I selected the shade on spot but unfortunately the dealer didnt have the nomenclature there, unlike the suzuki dealers who had entire encyclopaedia of sunfilms. After receiving your msg above i called up the dealer, and he says it Boomer 3M. I don't beleive him sope, im going down to check if the warranty card of the film mentions the name. else i fill got the the service center and find it out. i'll get back to u over this. this grade of film cost me 1800.

i wanted black panes coz im also getting black roof rails mounted. the dealer has just orders them and it'll take another 5 days to get them. The old indical rails understandably doesn't fit the vista.