Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 14:40   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Fuel Efficiency

Filled the tank full with 66 liters of petrol. When the needle was at the middle of the fuel gauge the trip meter was at 375kms! which is roughly 11.36kmpl.

Will post exact mileage figures when I tank up in a day or two.
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 13:14   #17
BHPian
 
ceejay123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: Once
Default

hey first of all great pics especially the interior one's.you live in kuwait and still you are concerned for FE great I thought only people living in India are concerned about FE .
ceejay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 11:42   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay123 View Post
hey first of all great pics especially the interior one's.you live in kuwait and still you are concerned for FE great I thought only people living in India are concerned about FE .
Thanks ceejay. Frannkly I Can not be concerned of FE so long as living in Kuwait. FE figures or just for the Record
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 12:03   #19
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Updates

Done 900kms as of now. Next week the first service to be scheduled.

The tankfull to tankfull Fuel efficiency figure is 710kms for 68 liters of petrol which is 10.66 kmpl.

Driving conditions: 80% travel is highway cruising at 120-140 speed and 20% travel is typical bumper to bumper urban driving without a/c as the weather is just about 15degC no need for a/c.

car cruises at 120km at 2150 rpm. No vibrations, NIL rattles, Squeaks. Original Japanes build quality is good.

There is more than enough Room for all! Slide the driver seat to the backmost and the pedals cannot be reached easily ( I am 5'6"). Children can sit down on the rear floor between the seats!

The rear sear arm rest -> trunk reach is lockable too!

I am happy of the colour choice made as it is practical! It remains clean for a week un like my Black car before!

Now For many years, I wash the car at week ends by myself as it is fun for my kids, a good 1 hour calorie burning exercise for me, and the New car is cared personally to be free from scratches made by the careless bangladeshi car washers.

Touchwood This time I successfully protected the front wind shield in the firstweek of the new car not to crack by the flying stone hit while cruising at 140km speed. This used to happen for my previous 3 cars thus creating a crack in my heart too!

Started liking the car behaviour.
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 12:23   #20
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Touched high speed 195km/hr

As of today car has done 1900kms. First service is scheduled for tomorrow. Once the 1500kms run in mark is reached, I did a high speed test briefly and touched 195km high speed. Still the pedal can be floored further. However small road undulations gets amplified at this high speed.

Tested the cruise control and fully functional.

The second tank mileage is @ 10kmpl and average speed done is 140.

Now I like the car and its behaviour.
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 12:42   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Hari, you said that you clocked 195 kph in the accord with the pedal further to be pressed. Im just curious how comfy was the car at such a high speed ? Did it seem under too much of strain?...and having pressed the pedal further you think it would clocked 210 ? whats your guess ? thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th February 2009 at 16:51. Reason: Please avoid adding extra formatting to the entire text
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 16:19   #22
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Hari, you said that you clocked 195 kph in the accord with the pedal further to be pressed. Im just curious how comfy was the car at such a high speed ? Did it seem under too much of strain?...and having pressed the pedal further you think it would clocked 210 ? whats your guess ? thanks
Well the car could go past 200 easily. Engine still had power to be delivered. It gets a bit noisy and wind plays a crucial role too at these speeds.

However at these speeds, small road undulations gets significantly amplified much and much more intensified road scanning monitoring reduces the driving pleasure. The road I tried is not meant for 150+ speeds.

It is a pleasure driving upto 180 beyond driving becomes more stiff affair!
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 20:47   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Well the car could go past 200 easily. Engine still had power to be delivered. It gets a bit noisy and wind plays a crucial role too at these speeds.

However at these speeds, small road undulations gets significantly amplified much and much more intensified road scanning monitoring reduces the driving pleasure. The road I tried is not meant for 150+ speeds.

It is a pleasure driving upto 180 beyond driving becomes more stiff affair!


Thanks , that was helpful. I looked around many places on the net to check how fast the car is compared to the octavia rs (though both r not in the same league ofcourse) and at some places people claim the honda engineers have limited the accord to the speed of 205 kph with the limiter when it could have gone beyond 210. Some places people are openly claiming to have reached 215 kph with the car. Hard to believe but if they really have then its good news for accord lovers anyways.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 11:36   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Done 900kms as of now. Next week the first service to be scheduled.

The tankfull to tankfull Fuel efficiency figure is 710kms for 68 liters of petrol which is 10.66 kmpl.

Driving conditions: 80% travel is highway cruising at 120-140 speed and 20% travel is typical bumper to bumper urban driving without a/c as the weather is just about 15degC no need for a/c.

c
Really a great and sensible car to own. Your FE figures are very good. I could upgrade in the next 3-4 years but was scared with the 6-7 kmpl FE (reported by many) of Accord or Camry. However, you have achieved a FE that is acceptable (your driving conditions help as does no need for an AC).
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 12:36   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 123
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Congrats - Great vehicle!
I wish i could give a damn to the fuel economy figures out here as well. But alas!
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 15:16   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Congrats on a beautiful buy!

However I am shocked (pleasantly) at your FE! I cannot get more than 6-6.5 kpl in my V6 in the city! And I have never heard of anyone in India achieving 10+ or even close to 10kpl. Wondering whether it is due to our road condition/congestion?
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 21:24   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

His is the l4 2.4L. The V6 is 3L I believe. Much more power, much less FE.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 14:51   #28
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Really a great and sensible car to own. Your FE figures are very good. I could upgrade in the next 3-4 years but was scared with the 6-7 kmpl FE (reported by many) of Accord or Camry. However, you have achieved a FE that is acceptable (your driving conditions help as does no need for an AC).
Reasonable car. FE is to stay around 10kmpl in summer too with a/c. Indian driving conditions are very uniquely driver un-friendly and difficult as even on Hihgways due all kinds of vehicles and NO lane discipline . Mine is 2.4 four cylinder verson Accord. V6 will be fuel thirsty.
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Accord VTi vs Honda Accord V6 Dinesh99 Technical Stuff 48 9th March 2010 02:08
New beginning .... My 2009 Honda Accord V6 accord masters Modifications & Accessories 96 4th October 2009 23:54
Got my new Honda Accord! inmate Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 34 2nd July 2008 15:51
Spotted: Brand New Honda Accord hskhan The International Automotive Scene 11 8th February 2008 10:28
Honda Accord Coupe Concept (Possible new Accord) amit The International Automotive Scene 3 10th January 2007 10:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks