Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th February 2009, 13:07   #556
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Coming back to the topic, you can say Linea petrol is slow, but NHC(non vtec) does the same in 14-15.6, are they considered slow???
I took these figures from one the car portals (Being a newbie, I'm not sure if I can share the name without violating our policies).

But I'm saying all the time Linea petrol is not "performer" car.

Note to all who really are here to read the TD reports, if you want a "performer" car, I won't suggest Linea petrol. But Linea is the car when you have constraints like me (you can read my TD report).
xPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:06   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
Since it was tuned for comfort, even when it was doing the speeds, people never felt it. Hence they incorrectly conclude as slow.
OK, another car joins the I-am-fast-but-occupants-just-dont-feel-it list. Someone earlier mentioned that Fiats are fast, but for those sitting inside, it does not feel like it. So everyone terms Fiat as slow. Now a Honda also joins the list. Great. Just great.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:28   #558
BANNED

Which portal and did they dream these figures?
Quote:
I took these figures from one the car portals (Being a newbie, I'm not sure if I can share the name without violating our policies).
NHC debut was in 2003.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Now a Honda also joins the list.
Palio owners always maintained that Palio is fast, fun-to-drive and ultimate driver's car. But after Linea launch, I guess Palio has changed its character
Quote:
Someone earlier mentioned that Fiats are fast, but for those sitting inside, it does not feel like it.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:37   #559
Senior - BHPian

Default Read the posts of ntranced

Quote:
I'm hoping the same.
Personally I'm fine by 10 also. (Well these all figures may matter everybody differently)

Ntranced has posted his FE figures on the thread Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1192709 (Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!)

This will clarify the FE issues being argued here.

Cheers
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:52   #560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Unfortunately, though I know they are related, I cannot see the resemblance to the Maserati. To my eye, the only thing that is 'Maserati' in the Linea is the grill. Oh, and the Linea does not resemble any of its other cousins - the Ferraris either.
Hmm so an xPK bashing going on this thread. Why dont we call it a car that falls in between sedate and a performer? If there is a category along those lines

I agree that Maserati's only commanality is the front grille and maybe the side profile looks to an extend one of the pedigree of the prancing horse. But, then the resemblance ends there.

Whereas, it's a different matter that we can continue to call the whole car resembling as a Maser to put a grin on the face, just like this
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 18:21   #561
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Which portal and did they dream these figures?
I got those figures from carwale.

Quote:
Ntranced has posted his FE figures on the thread Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1192709 (Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!)

This will clarify the FE issues being argued here.

Cheers

That's cool!!!
My analysis was not complete waste then.

I think, now we will be seeing some comments like "It's just a one Linea now, ACI should confirm the same".

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2009 at 21:20. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 1st March 2009, 14:48   #562
Senior - BHPian

Had been to BU Bhandari service center in pune. Around 15 Lineas (Couple of Dynamic, one Active, rest emotion and E+) were there for PDI. One of the staff member said soon they will be given to customers (May be this week) once they complete the initial inspection of the car.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 1st March 2009 at 14:50.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 23:48   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think, now we will be seeing some comments like "It's just a one Linea now, ACI should confirm the same".
I, for one, would rather believe an owner of the car rather than some "experts", ACI or otherwise. Ntranced's posts clairfy the points about FE, overtaking etc.

Cheers,
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:45   #564
BHPian

Hi every one... I m getting the delivery of my Petrol Linea Emotion later today. Silver colour. So you will not have to wait long to know the actual Fe figures. i ll let you guys know as soon as i know...
Machine freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:46   #565
BHPian

Great. Look forward to your feedback.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:51   #566
xPK
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
Hi every one... I m getting the delivery of my Petrol Linea Emotion later today. Silver colour. So you will not have to wait long to know the actual Fe figures. i ll let you guys know as soon as i know...
Cool!!!
Heartiest congrats!
Do keep us posted about your experience.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:30   #567
Senior - BHPian

Default Opendro too has poste his FE for long drives

Quote:
I, for one, would rather believe an owner of the car rather than some "experts", ACI or otherwise. Ntranced's posts clairfy the points about FE, overtaking etc.

Cheers,
Hi all,

Opendro took his linea out to Tirupathi and reports that he got 16 to 18 Kmpl on the long drive. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...mingo-red.html (My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red)

Cheers,
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:09   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to the topic, you can say Linea petrol is slow, but NHC(non vtec) does the same in 14-15.6,
ACI acceleration figure for NHC was 13+ seconds. But it felt slow according to me. Also, due to the short gearing it would cross 3000 RPM while doing 100 kmph, making it very buzzy.
What would be the RPM for Linea while doing 100 kmph?

Last edited by Guna : 2nd March 2009 at 14:12.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:14   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra
Ntranced has posted his FE figures on the thread This will clarify the FE issues being argued here.
I did not have time to go through the 4 pages of that thread - it would have helped if you had posted the link to the pertinent post and not that of the full thread. Anyway, it does not clarify FE issues, yet. Read on for why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK
My analysis was not complete waste then. I think, now we will be seeing some comments like "It's just a one Linea now, ACI should confirm the same".
Well, you should hold on before popping the champagne. From what I read in 'Ntranced's thread, he is quoting the FE figure as displayed on the display, which anyone knows is not the same as what you get by the more reliable method of fullTank-to-fullTank.

If we were to go by the FE figures from the display, then we have Octavias here that return 30kmpl+ in city. Would you believe that ? I don't.

So, while we don't need ACI or TRAI to confirm FE figures, we need actual user FE figures, not what is read off from the display. And believe me, it is only a matter of time before these come pouring in. Then we can conclude whether your analysis is right or not. Till then...

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 2nd March 2009 at 14:16.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:41   #570
Senior - BHPian

On Saturday me and my cousin went for a TD of Linea diesel Emotion pack + at BSS motors gurgaon.
This time i didnt felt the first and second gear too slugglish like last time and were quiet manageable. However we had a scary experience. When my cousin was driving he took it to the speed of 110 and suddenly an accent cut across from side lane without indication.
Cousin applied full brakes and Linea skidded badly to left and right and was hard to control. Now that was a worry cos as per our thoughts as it was equipped with ABS it should not have skidded so much and we should be able to manouver it fine.

Plastic quality is not that good in Linea. The lever on the side of drivers seat was broken in the silver model standing in showroom which we thought maybe one of case. But then i checked the TD one and that too was about to get broke anytime.Sad for a 8.5 lac car
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote