Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th January 2009, 18:31   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesha View Post
Hi

Thanks for all the nice TD reports - other than the power and the head room, haven't seen anything negative on the car from the reports

Do we know when the Diesel version will be available for delivery?

Sesha
Diesel version will be available from the 20th Jan.
tinkywinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 11:30   #62
BHPian

Does anyone know the prices of Linea for Pune?

Also i have heard that in this months OD, there is a comparison between Linea and ANHC...has anyone managed to see that edition? How is the winner there?

Also any idea on the mileage of Linea?
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 11:32   #63

Default concerns of a buyer!

Linea is v.good, except for FIAT brand name! 1.Especially what happens if it doesn't sell enough during recession in 2009-2010? Will FIAT close and packup? i.e no service or resale value at all, like Siena or Petra! 2.What all extra accessories i need to buy, if i go for emotion pack, the top end? a. alloy wheels for the spare - is it really needed? any workarounds incase of a puncture/tyre rotation? b. 3M glass tinted sticker - as glasses are tinted for linea, is it needed? c.Pete's kit - maynot be recommended/i willnot buy it, as 86bhp is just okay, though i normally a speeder and in highways usually take >100-140km/h d. Any other essential accessories which I need to buy, when I take the car out of showroom? Please advise. 3. Any bargains possible, since this is a new launch? 4. When is the best time to buy this car Linea? Feb end or March end? OR should I wait for June, when interest rate comes down again 4-5%, as I would be taking the car through LeasePlan, in my company scheme! Please advise. I am in no hurry to take the car, but probably latest by July 2009! 5.Should I take extended warranty for Linea? 6. How much it cost to get a good leather upholstery done for Linea Emotion pack top end? 7.Price is 8.36 ex showroom for Linea Emotion pack topend in Mumbai. How to calculate the ex-showrrom and onthe road price in Bangalore? Awaiting your informed reply to each of the questions.Sure it helps all others as well. Thank you.
Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post

Also i have heard that in this months OD, there is a comparison between Linea and ANHC...has anyone managed to see that edition? How is the winner there?

Check the Fiat India website. you cn get the price.

You can get the comparison on the T-BHP. It's been posted by one of the members
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

lots of queries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Linea is v.good, except for FIAT brand name! 1.Especially what happens if it doesn't sell enough during recession in 2009-2010? Will FIAT close and packup? i.e no service or resale value at all, like Siena or Petra!
will FIAT pack up? Heaven knows. But they seem to be doing better than GM & Ford at least. Dont know about Petra, no big issues on Palio service so far due to TATA.

Quote:
2.What all extra accessories i need to buy, if i go for emotion pack, the top end? a. alloy wheels for the spare - is it really needed? any workarounds incase of a puncture/tyre rotation?
Sunflim for sure. And btw, alloys are extra for diesel emotion pack - so you mgiht want too. spare wheel - good to have alloys, not an absolute necessity.

Quote:
3. Any bargains possible, since this is a new launch?
worth a shot - but its a great price already. note: have a 15K corporate discount on City, even though its a new launch.

Quote:
4. When is the best time to buy this car Linea? Feb end or March end? OR should I wait for June, when interest rate comes down again 4-5%, as I would be taking the car through LeasePlan, in my company scheme! Please advise. I am in no hurry to take the car, but probably latest by July 2009!
no one knows bout prices, and govt is considering increasing taxes for cars (again?). Interest will come down for sure.

Quote:
7.Price is 8.36 ex showroom for Linea Emotion pack topend in Mumbai. How to calculate the ex-showrrom and onthe road price in Bangalore?
Ex showroom for Emotion+ is 8.12 - expect bangalore OTR to be 9.6L.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 15th January 2009 at 13:38.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
lots of queries

will FIAT pack up? Heaven knows. But they seem to be doing better than GM & Ford at least. Dont know about Petra, no big issues on Palio service so far due to TATA.

Sunflim for sure. And btw, alloys are extra for diesel emotion pack - so you mgiht want too. spare wheel - good to have alloys, not an absolute necessity.
Remember that FIAT in India is not just Fiat. It is Tata-Fiat, in fact more bonded than the Mahindra-Renault kind, because Tata and Fiat have 50:50 joint ownership over Fiat India Auto Ltd. Would Tata want to close down this factory? However, I don't know if Tata would want to gain 100% ownership over this in case Fiat packs up and stop manufacturing Fiat cars. Anyway, that is the faintest idea I can think of.

Sunfilm is not just for the heat or shades. It can significantly prevent tanning of skin as well. Yes, it is a must. In fact I am keeping a 15K budget for this.

Alloys are not extra in Emotion pack diesel. Emotion diesel however does not have the alloys while Petrol Emotion has them.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.Especially what happens if it doesn't sell enough during recession in 2009-2010? Will FIAT close and packup? i.e no service or resale value at all, like Siena or Petra!
Who said no service for Petra? There are enough Petra users on the forum, who are getting their cars services regularly. Palio GTX and Petra share same parts bin, so it's not big deal where Palio is getting serviced.

I can't say if Fiat is here to stay or to pack up, but I was told by many 4 years back (before I bought Petra) that Fiat will not last any longer than 2005/2006. And, they are still surviving.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 14:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
I see only few of TBHP members taking TD where are the rest of the linea team who was previously piling up pages of Linea gone ?
One gets the impression that owning or having owned a Palio automatically qualified you to comment and pass judgement authoritatively on the Linea (and the Grande Punto).

Other than the badge, they are two very different vehicles. First hand TD reports are rather sparse in comparison to the reams written up over the last couple of years.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 14:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Especially what happens if it doesn't sell enough during recession in 2009-2010? Will FIAT close and packup?
I have been hearing about Fiat closing shop in India since the last 8 years. They are still here. With 2 new launches and 2 more to follow, I dont think they must be planning for an exit route in the near or distant future.

Quote:
no service or resale value at all, like Siena or Petra!
No resale value is true. No service is not true.

Quote:
What all extra accessories i need to buy, if i go for emotion pack, the top end?
Sun film. What else do you want? It's already overloaded with features compared to competition!

Quote:
alloy wheels for the spare - is it really needed?
No. I have had a steel wheel spare in my Palio for over 5 years now and haven't missed an alloy till today.

Quote:
any workarounds incase of a puncture/tyre rotation?
Not sure what you mean by that.

Quote:
3M glass tinted sticker - as glasses are tinted for linea, is it needed?
That's totally your call.

Quote:
Pete's kit - maynot be recommended/i willnot buy it, as 86bhp is just okay, though i normally a speeder and in highways usually take >100-140km/h
Again that's totally your call.

Quote:
Any other essential accessories which I need to buy, when I take the car out of showroom?
No. Buy sun film if you feel the need for one from outside.

Quote:
Any bargains possible, since this is a new launch?
New launches generally don't have bargains. Everyone would like to sell the car at full price. Still, it's worth a shot asking for discounts considering the economic situation.

Quote:
When is the best time to buy this car Linea? Feb end or March end? OR should I wait for June, when interest rate comes down again 4-5%, as I would be taking the car through LeasePlan, in my company scheme! Please advise. I am in no hurry to take the car, but probably latest by July 2009!
If you can wait till July 09 then wait. You will surely have some bargains going then if not now.

Quote:
Should I take extended warranty for Linea?
Your call again but buy one when the original warranty is almost over. Why give any amount interest free?

Quote:
How much it cost to get a good leather upholstery done for Linea Emotion pack top end?
Stanley Classic cost me Rs.23,000 for my SX4. Just the seats. I think it's better to buy better grade Stanley leather since the beige one in my car is prone to catching a lot of dirt.

Last edited by amit : 15th January 2009 at 14:52.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 15:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
I see only few of TBHP members taking TD where are the rest of the linea team who was previously piling up pages of Linea gone ?
And where are the Fiat bashers who were compiling pages after pages against Fiat, Linea etc even without driving a Fiat car?

BTW, I will be doing a TD of Linea this weekend.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 15:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
IWith 2 new launches and 2 more to follow, I dont think they must be planning for an exit route in the near or distant future.
Yes, That's true. 500, Linea, GP and Bravo. I am really happy with the lineup. Also, i hope that they bring in the Panda or Idea someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Who said no service for Petra? There are enough Petra users on the forum, who are getting their cars services regularly. Palio GTX and Petra share same parts bin, so it's not big deal where Palio is getting serviced.

I can't say if Fiat is here to stay or to pack up, but I was told by many 4 years back (before I bought Petra) that Fiat will not last any longer than 2005/2006. And, they are still surviving.
Same as above. Have to agree with what Amit has stated and your experience proves it all to all Fiat bashers. I wish I had bought a 1.6 GTX
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 15:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been hearing about Fiat closing shop in India since the last 8 years. They are still here. With 2 new launches and 2 more to follow, I dont think they must be planning for an exit route in the near or distant future.
I don't think a company would invest (atleast 50%) in a new factory at Ranjangaon. Those things cost money in thousands of crores!

Quote:
No resale value is true. No service is not true.
+1 to that. Having 6-7 Service centres in Delhi NCR is not really "no service". How good or how bad is a different story.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 15:49   #73
BHPian

Quote:

As per OD comparision ANHC has 4 stars and Linea has 4.5 stars and the comment is "Linea has taken better out of Honda for first time. In terms of equipment it wins hands down".
maverickxx2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 16:00   #74
BANNED

My post from another thread throws some insights:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
ANHC has 2 MT models: E & S
Linea has 3 MT models: Active, Dynamic & Emotion

In equipment wise, ANHC E falls between Dynamic & Emotion. For comparison sake lets take it as Dynamic.

Prices in Delhi:
Linea Dynamic ( 88.2 BHP, 1368CC): Rs 6,29,972
ANHC E (115.7 BHP, 1500CC): Rs. 7,51,000

So for 1.2L more, you get close to 30BHP more, a VTEC engine, 150CC + more.

This makes ANHC VFM over Linea.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 16:10   #75

Default linea pricing info in bangalore

thanks to opendro and skywalker for the prompt replies.

got a call now from dealer and answer to one of my questions is here:
emotion pack diesel
===================
Rs.8,12,667 ex-showroom bangalore
Rs.9,57,201 on road bangalore.

-as of now, no delaer/corporate discounts as is the case for Honda city
they might start soon
-if you pay 1 lakh and book now, with 4 weeks delivery after full payment and registration.
Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote