Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th January 2009, 11:47   #106
BHPian

If you still want to compare diesels, then Fiesta is VFM.[/quote]

VFM FIESTA ? What about is service & spares costs. VFM can be decided only if we know about its maintainance costs.
kiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 15:59   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
@skrit7: the petrol is not yet available for TD. I guess it will be available a month later only. FIAT is putting major bet on diesel this time - and rightly too.
in a few days according to newly opened rama motors,okhla,delhi
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 16:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Oh how convinient isnt it?

Or you don't want to compare the two because here is a situation where a diesel engine car is cheaper or marginally expensive then a petrol engined one PLUS comes with more features compared to the petrol variant

I have to hand one thing out to Fiat and the Linea. I have never seen Diabloo posting so much on any non-Honda thread!
Features ? Lets discuss the features:

Dynamic vs City E:

Dynamic:
Stereo is optional
ABS not present (optional)
Airbags not present
Climate Control (not sure)
Rear AC (not present)
Power 85 bhp
0-100 kmph 17 seconds as per Zigwheel
No Alloys in Deisel (optional even in E+)

City E:
ABS Standard
Airbags Standard
116 bhp

As for Diesel being cheaper than petrol Man its very , even Dezire is cheaper than City, has almost the same features, and more faster and responsive than Linea. But you cant compare like that. If on the other hand Linea had brought in a relatively equal powered engine like T-Jet 120 bhp (115 bhp for India) than we could have considered a like for like comparo. Now its not justified. As per this comparison even Civic E has less features than Linea. Doesnt make it an inferior car, does it?
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 16:28   #109
BHPian

Amusing comparisons from Honda fan boys. Keep it up and all the best.

-BSR
rao_battula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 16:56   #110
BANNED

So are you a Fiat fan boy?
People put their money on these cars. Let all the secrets come out in open. Let the cars stand the test. Calling names is un-necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
Amusing comparisons from Honda fan boys. Keep it up and all the best.

-BSR
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 17:04   #111
BHPian

Today i went to Mumbai TOI car show,the show was very poor and was really showing the signs of recession.And got the chance to have a look at Linea as well as ANHC.
Linea Front seats are better than ANHC
Linea Has v good sound system.
Linea scores on Interior space ,design and quality.
Linea definatly feels more solid than city.
Yes people with height more than 5.7ft will face problem in linea for the head room.
Rear leg room more or less same.
Boot Linea has more depth and honda has more width.
Attention to detail in Linea is too good.
I really dont think the Linea is underpowered if linea is under power then what is ford Fiesta D its only 67bhp.
Even the Octavia D is 88 Bhp.
We all should prey for Fiat to do better in this innings.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 17:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
So are you a Fiat fan boy?
People put their money on these cars. Let all the secrets come out in open. Let the cars stand the test. Calling names is un-necessary.
Please let me Quote your previous posts here:

<diabloo>
ANHC has 2 MT models: E & S
Linea has 3 MT models: Active, Dynamic & Emotion

In equipment wise, ANHC E falls between Dynamic & Emotion. For comparison sake lets take it as Dynamic.

Prices in Delhi:
Linea Dynamic ( 88.2 BHP, 1368CC): Rs 6,29,972
ANHC E (115.7 BHP, 1500CC): Rs. 7,51,000

So for 1.2L more, you get close to 30BHP more, a VTEC engine, 150CC + more.

This makes ANHC VFM over Linea. <diabloo>

I expect comparisons to be across all the features that include engine performance, drive ability, handling, ride comfort, ICE, standard features comes with all the vehicles. Comparing just engine specs and claims that ANHC is VFM was amusing to me. It might be purely your way of viewing things. I felt bit suprised by that statement as a regular car user.

<diabloo>
Since ANHC doesn't come in diesel variant, so no point comparing Linea diesel & ANHC petrol. So I was comparing Linea petrol with ANHC.

You want to compare Linea diesel, then you have to do with Fiesta & Verna.

If you still want to compare diesels, then Fiesta is VFM. <diabloo>

Why can not a petrol and diesel vehicles can not be compared if both are available in the same price range. You can not compare two cars just because they does not run on the same fuel. I think diesel or petrol just a parameter in the comparison.

You claim that Fiesta is VFM compared to Linea. I do not see any supporting points for that.

Let me clarify that I am no FIAT fan (Check my signature). For that matter, I loved the new Honda City very much. But that does not stop me comparing it with other vehicles and check what are pros/cons of the car. I do the same thing with my Palio 1.2. Hope this clarifies and sorry for the term Honda fan-boys. I should have not used the term.

-BSR
rao_battula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 18:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

I find terms such as 'Honda fan boys' or 'Fiat fan boys' quiet amusing.
If people want to support just one brand then why join T-bhp which is for all cars.
I love cars. Be it Honda, Fiat, Maruti, Tata or whatsoever.
We should judge things by quality and VFM rather than Brands.
Just my opinion.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 18:17   #114
BHPian

T.D report of linea multijet

guys....
finally laid my itching hands on a linea and had a good 25min t.d at fortune motors navi mumbai.
wont go much into interiors and exteriors as it has been discussed before buttttt id like to mention that the head room is not so less as it is percieved to be.iam 5'11" tall and there was a good 2-3 inches left between the top of my head and the roof.people 6'2" plus might have issues.leg room is decent too.ergonomics are great.

PERFORMANCE : the engine is pretty silent.pick up is good in 1st gear but marginal turbo lag in 2nd gear is present.the car picks up after 2000 rpm but not the way as in swift or palio mjd.the acceleration is linear,smooth and you really cant feel the torque.I feel that this could be because of the fact that fiat killed 5 horses.
but the driveability in 3rd and 4th gear is good enough and does the job well.
i had an opportunity to drive on a empty strech of highway and i really ripped the car.on first occassion i got a 0-100 in 16 secs as told by my friend who accompanies me on all test drives that i take.in my second attempt i could bring it down to 15 secs.but you really have to rip the car for that timings.

The ride quality is amazing.i just couldnt feel any pot holes. steering is damn good and feels lighter than in my petra.

clutch is very light compared to the palio mjd.gear shift is smooth and slots nicely.
you dont have to lift the knob for reverse.

all in all a beautiful car with a decent engine meant for cruising at a good sppeds all day and not for enthusiastic driving.

immediately after this we walked into the maruti showroom to drive the dzire for a impromptu comparison.
as we got into the car we immediately felt like getting into a car of a lesser class(no offends meant)
the sound insulation was as good as linea.
1st gear pick up and 2nd gear turbo lag is similar to the linea too.
butt cross 2000rpm amd the turbo pins you to the sea.this feeling was missing in the linea.
i ripped the car and got a 0-100 timing of 13.5 secs. i wanted to try a swcond time but the salesman asked me turn back to the showtoom.i felt i could better that timing.
at the showroom we got into the back seat and it was a different story all together from the linea.cramped interiors with knees rubbing the front seat.head room is better but i dont think 3 people of my size can fit in.

all in all i feel the linea is excellent VFM car.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 18:59   #115
BHPian

spotted a linea today and it looks stunning with amazing road presence. Lets keep our fingers crossed for Fiat as they seem to be doing all the right things
jasher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 22:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I can't say if Fiat is here to stay or to pack up, but I was told by many 4 years back (before I bought Petra) that Fiat will not last any longer than 2005/2006. And, they are still surviving.
Oh I remember that thread very well.

In any case, I have had no major servicing issues with my Petra either. Though Fiat A.S.S. is nowhere near perfect.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 22:48   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Features ? Lets discuss the features:

Dynamic vs City E:
Based on what you decided to compare these 2 modules? Going by the price it should be "city e" vs "Emotion Pk". Petrol in this case. Quoting ex-showroom price, from respective website city e is at 7.69lkh and emotion pk is at 7.01lkh.

Dezire is after all an b+ segment car with boot attached. In several respect linea, city will be leagues ahead of dezire.

Honda will still sell in big nos. No debate over that. But that aside, lets give some credit to fiat. They have done an incredible job with linea.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 11:52   #118
BHPian

When the NHC was launched with 75 odd Bhp it was criticized a lot but it still did a lot of business because of the Milage and maintenance free nature of the engine. Also the brand Honda led the sales.

Regarding fiesta Diesel the Milage was the reason for maximum sale and also made it popular amongst the taxis.

Regarding Verna , enthusiast who get high on power and speed bought the car regardless of the price. Very few cars in this segment provide similar power or close to it.

Coming to Linea it has the tried and tested 1.3L MJD with excellent milage and am sure the spares on this engine will also eventually go down as it is shared with many cars. Still early to quote but it sure looks like it will be very popular as a taxi. The 2 odd seconds difference (Compared to DDIS) to 100 bash is not important for most of the people and is useless for the Indian traffic/road condition. However what needs to be seen is its cruising ability which will effect the overtaking ability on highways.

To sum it Linea will have its own set of buyers and so will ANHC also both of them have enough room in the same segment to do required business. The best part as consumers is that we now have options which means competition resulting in better products cheers:

All of this is just my thought.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 12:29   #119
Senior - BHPian

Performance of Fiat linea is poor becuase of the fact that it is over 200KG heavier than a swift or a Dzire.
Guys who are complaining about this can buy a petes tuning box anyday. I think max power will cross 100BHP and torque will be a cool 220+ NM.
Overall Linea is a solid car and definitely worth the money.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 14:38   #120

HI, I tested linea disel version on Thursday and here is my feedback:

1) Excellent Road Presence: I was very impressed with overall appearance of car and its built quality. Considering the price, this car certainly looks a class above.

2) Cramped Interiors: In total contrast to its exterior appearance, the car is so small from inside. I am 6 feet tall and i found the rear seats very uncomfortable - leg room not adequate and head room is a total disaster. Driving position is also not comfortable for tall people - my both knees were pressing against the center console and driver side door and it was very very annoying. Other than that, car comes with all the frills you want and has stolen the show from SX4 when it comes to features and accessories. I liked the feel of buttons on the center console and steering. Blue & Me was impressive too and rear AC went was very thoughtful. Other cars in this segment look bare when it comes to comparing features. On a funnier note, if Fiat Lines is a women in a rich evening gown then new honda city is a girl in a bikini.

3) Lack of power - After being used to driving honda city vtec and skoda, i found it way under power. Pickup was sluggish as if car was not willing to move ahead - some guys on this thread blamed it on wrong gear ratio or something. Ride was very comfortable. I am not sure about Steerign feedback and other fine details but overall i found my honda city to be better when it comes to city driving. (NO, i am not an ardent honda fan)

This car is surely a surprise package and should be a super hit and could revive FIAT in India. Finally, we must thank FIAT for bringing such a car which is definitely going to put pressure on other car manufactures to cut down their profits and provide more to their customers.
manjuls is offline   Reply With Quote