Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 00:19   #1
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default The City. Out of the city.

Finally, after almost 8 odd restless weeks, i took my ANHC out of Bangalore via Mysore to Nagarhole and took the opportunity to do some highway fuel testing.

It's a great road (anyone in the area planning a drive - go for it!) - and the car didn't disappoint in terms of FE. I've tracked 16kmpl with the AC on which I think is pretty darn good. And the engine can really kick in on those roads.

But here's what my best discovery about the car yet - I developed a bit of a lower back strain in Nagarhole and was very nervous about driving back. I even toyed with the idea of hiring a driver because the pain was getting sharp. I thought I'd give it a go - and thank God I did. The comfort level was fantastic, the seats are great and the complimentary cushions from Honda are perfect.

I imagine lots of city (Bangalore, Pune especially) folk have back issues - for those of them who love to drive their own cars the ANHC will please you no end.
Attached Images
 
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 08:36   #2
BHPian
 
BenjiRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tamilnadu
Posts: 592
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

I thought that the low seat level of the City was not good for the back, but good to hear your experience. Nice pic too. What speeds did you do? Any interesting incidents enroute?
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 08:41   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default

What was your speed while doing the highway FE test. 16 kmpl is nice, but would love to read a bit more. Did you try to max out the car i.e. hit the maximum speed ? What was the highest speed you went ? There is a lot of speculation about FE and generally from what I have read is that keeping the speeds of around 120-125kmph, one gets around 15-16 kmpl that for such a car with 1.5 ltr engine is undoubtedly a good figure.

Also do comment on ride quality of the car also.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Also, please tell about the steering feel. Many magazines have commented that it doesnt provide feedback and feels light even at high speeds.
I felf it was ideal for City drive when I test drove the car.

Last edited by Guna : 20th January 2009 at 09:22.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 12:05   #5
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I thought that the low seat level of the City was not good for the back, but good to hear your experience. Nice pic too. What speeds did you do? Any interesting incidents enroute?
Hi - the driver seat height is adjustable and the range available should suit most people. I've found the optimum level for myself (i'm not tall) and that's the one I used for the entire journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
What was your speed while doing the highway FE test. 16 kmpl is nice, but would love to read a bit more. Did you try to max out the car i.e. hit the maximum speed ? What was the highest speed you went ? There is a lot of speculation about FE and generally from what I have read is that keeping the speeds of around 120-125kmph, one gets around 15-16 kmpl that for such a car with 1.5 ltr engine is undoubtedly a good figure.

Also do comment on ride quality of the car also.
Good point - the top speed I hit was 140 kmph. For most stretches on the highway I was driving between 110-120 and that might explain the FE. Still I was expecting around 13-14 with the AC and it exceeded that and that's good.

Interesting incidents - the usual road rage incidents with lorries and buses driving as if they're in USA and staying put on the right side of the road!

And a unique way to beat the traffic - pic posted below -
Attached Thumbnails
The City. Out of the city.-traffic-beat.jpg  

Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 12:20   #6
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Also, please tell about the steering feel. Many magazines have commented that it doesnt provide feedback and feels light even at high speeds.
I felf it was ideal for City drive when I test drove the car.
The feel is good. Nothing very special I'd say but it's definitely not light at high speeds. However, I'm not a "performance" driver and maybe my expectations are not as fine tuned as some of the other drivers here. I'm a regular driver who loves driving - and the ANHC provides a satisfying experience.
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 15:34   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Vikram, i had TD the City and found intrusion of road noise into the cabin. Since you have owned it for sometime could you confirm the same please??
Also are you regularly getting 12-13km/ l in City driving conditions???
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:48   #8
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Vikram, i had TD the City and found intrusion of road noise into the cabin. Since you have owned it for sometime could you confirm the same please??
Also are you regularly getting 12-13km/ l in City driving conditions???
Hi Karan - road noise does get into the cabin, the car is definitely not as silent as say older cousin Civic (that's only what I'm comparing it to). Nothing a decent music track won't take care of though.

On FE: 13 km/l might be stretching it. 11 km/l is what I've been getting in Bangalore.

What did you think of the TD?
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:57   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
Hi Karan - road noise does get into the cabin, the car is definitely not as silent as say older cousin Civic (that's only what I'm comparing it to). Nothing a decent music track won't take care of though.

On FE: 13 km/l might be stretching it. 11 km/l is what I've been getting in Bangalore.

What did you think of the TD?
Yup thats one big disadvantage( noise intrusion) . i presume 11km/l with 100 % A/c??

I actually liked it. Buttt the power delivery doesnt translate to the power its got on paper. It still doesnt come close to OHC VTEC. Ill be TD the Linea soon and then decided between Linea & ANHC.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:20   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I actually liked it. Buttt the power delivery doesnt translate to the power its got on paper. It still doesnt come close to OHC VTEC. Ill be TD the Linea soon and then decided between Linea & ANHC.
What i read is that it is not as free reving as OHC VTec but it seem to have better torque and drivebility for normal driving.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:13   #11
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Yup thats one big disadvantage( noise intrusion) . i presume 11km/l with 100 % A/c??

I actually liked it. Buttt the power delivery doesnt translate to the power its got on paper. It still doesnt come close to OHC VTEC. Ill be TD the Linea soon and then decided between Linea & ANHC.
yup 11+ with full AC.

I'm not good with technicals here - bhp, torque etc. but one thing is for sure - the car has got a good city pick-up and can also let rip on highways and with its size it provides for some smart driving. Please update post-Linea TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What i read is that it is not as free reving as OHC VTec but it seem to have better torque and drivebility for normal driving.
Yes, Guna - haven't ever driven the old OHC - but driving pleasure is very high. Having a driver for this car is a waste.
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
Ford to phase out Fusion. EDIT: Now Phased out sukiwa The Indian Car Scene 80 28th September 2010 18:55
TATA Motors may pull out of Singur-Ratan Tata. Update: Pull out announced! nickatnite The Indian Car Scene 651 6th October 2008 14:44
New City Details Out. JRD The Indian Car Scene 4 26th September 2008 08:48
Looking out for 1.5 Honda City S600BENZ Shifting gears 1 24th December 2004 12:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks