Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th January 2009, 12:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
The first refill gave me 15 kms / litre with tons with AC idle waiting

thats quite decent.

In comparison, My Alto gave 11 kmpl before first service. All city driving, 100% AC and pretty bad traffic jams.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:04   #17

[quote=BenjiRoss;1146040]Cool car color and very nice pics.
Enjoy the drive!
Yep agree to that color is really good. Congratz on the buy
cfnamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 14:49   #18
BHPian

Question Teflon Treatment + Antirust + Engine waxin

Friends
Do i go in for
1] teflon coating (MASS - 3400 / Local - 1375)
2] Anti Rust (Mass - 3300 / Local - 1050)
3] Engine waxing - (local 1050)

is it advisable to go in thru MASS or a local will do?
please suggest
patelhemals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends
Do i go in for
1] teflon coating (MASS - 3400 / Local - 1375)
No, as per T-BHP. There are lots of posts and threads on this.

Nice color on the car. Please do remove that 'Sai Service' sticker with the flower. It is spoiling the rear end completely!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:47   #20
BHPian

first congrats mate!!!
she looks so cute in this blue esp the front. like a baby with chubby cheeks
now regarding teflon, though it is a debatable topic here. i got it done on my car. if the local garage is trustworthy and reliable, y not to say some moolah?

anti-rust treatment is advisable when living in a city like mumbai with rains playing havoc.

engine waxing again a very personal opinion. i got a complete package inc all the three so got it done. i dont think it really helps with anything.

drive safe and enjoy!!
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new posession, and it looks very cool ! I am considering one for my wifee for her regular office commute. MASS and Local stuff are the same in most cases, if you want to throw more money go for MASS, otherwise stick to local for such things. Infact, I didnt give any teflon/antirust/wax stuff for any of my vehicles so far, because I never intend to keep anyone for more than 4 years.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 22:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Congrats

Congrats on the new car buddy.Great colour too, can you post pics of the dash and the boot.Get a neat set of alloys to go with the wheels ,the car will look even more beautiful.
Enjoy the car.Have a happy and safe driving experience

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st February 2009 at 22:26.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 22:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the engine bay looks quite spacious. Good packaging!

Congrats on your new car!
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:53   #24
BHPian

Default Post 500 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the new car buddy.Great colour too, can you post pics of the dash and the boot.Get a neat set of alloys to go with the wheels ,the car will look even more beautiful.
Enjoy the car.Have a happy and safe driving experience
Am enclosing some pics of the dash and console.. more pics to come of the boot and the new seat covers..

was very keen to change to alloys .. but then . i stopped myself.. i dunno why... maybe i wasnt too sure of the cost and implications on FE.

I crossed 539 kms in 10 days. the current FE which i have calculated is around 15-16. Mostly city and Mumbai western express Highway (but at normal within city like driving due to traffic) the more i drive it.. the more i am in love the response... sure.. sometimes you do feel some lag in power when u are ascending a slope on full load with ac on.

had to apply emergency brakes on a flyover at 60 km/hr as a cab and an auto swung lanes.. and noticed the ABS in action... the car was completely in control and did not skid. I am happy i opted for the ZXi.

The boot space is small but easily takes in one fully loaded vip hand trawlly with still more space for handbags. Grocery bags is a no problemo. the parcel tray is a problem while loading - unloading the boot. but it does not rattle (atleast not now)

one more point which i should share is the silent roar of the engine when u rev up from 2nd to 3rd and henceforth. i love the sound.. its not too loud...but its fun to hear it go...

ICE -
Excellent audio from the system and speakers. Bass is better than i have heard in VXi esteem. Good treble and vocal clarity as well. Sterring controls would have been a great boon though.

AC is chilling.. had to change to warmer settings (maybe due to the climate..) but during noons it is as efficient and quick to cool the cabin.

the cabin noise is minimum as of now.. except the mild engine roar when u rev up.

Console meters are easy to read and operate.. No FE readout though.

Post new seat covers the driver seat does allow better view.

Accessories -
1] Front bumper guard - Rubber ones at the lower part of the bumper
2] Seat covers
3] Carbon FM transmitter.. but was not satisfied by the output hence returned to dealer
4] Point to point cabin floor lamination and floor mats
5] Door guards - Black small ones. but serve the purpose.
6] Mud flaps - its a pity Maruti does not provide mud flaps
7] Large ORVM

Pending Accessories -
1] Door sil guard - while stepping into the cabin, it is very likely to scratch the lower part of the door...MASS do have this but not available in market
2] Door rubber strips - like the ones in i10
3] Reverse cam - silicon with warranty for 4700 (put on hold because am not sure if i would find a good place for the small 3 inch lcd)
4] Alloys - i know alloys would look gr8.. i guess i might shift to alloys later...

would love to hear from others on what more accessories would be ideal?
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2009, 15:06   #25
BANNED

Don't waste money on the reverse cam/lcd thingy. Not required in a car of this size. Ain't it?

Save that money for Alloys and better rubber.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

I agree with SpeedZak.

You will get used to the car and its dimensions. Do not waste money on the parking sensors.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:59   #27
BHPian

I like A-Star look more over I-10
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:04   #28
BHPian

@patelhemals: Congrats on your new ride. Wish you many miles of safe and enjoyable motoring. Somehow missed this thread earlier.

I have just one question for you mate, do you find the seating position to be too low as compared to your Wagon R?
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:16   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride mate !

But I was wondering you went from Esteem to a Wagon R and then from Wagon R to A-Star, both were downgrades rather than upgrades. Dont you feel awkward getting into smaller cars?

Last edited by revhappy : 3rd February 2009 at 10:31.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Congrats on your new ride mate !

But I was wondering you went from Esteem to a Wagon R and then from Wagon R to A-Star, both were downgrades rather than upgrades. Dont you feel awkward getting into smaller cars?
To reply to Revhappy... We are big joint family - we started with a Maruti Esteem which served us loyally.. but space being a constraint - we went in for a Scorpio (my most trusted and loved vehicle). which is still serving us since the last 5 years and with no problems or no major maintenance .
I personally bought a wagon r for my regular daily use.. which later i sold off for a A-star