Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th January 2009, 14:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
....The car cost me 5.78 Lacs on road (with extended warranty)!.... Power delivery is instant. With 102 BHP on the tap, my Swift Vxi eats the dust with Fiesta leading the way..
Congrats buddy.

While the whole world is gong ga-ga over the linea launch and some are moaning (including me) the absence of powerful engines in the linea, lack of 'drivers car', here we have totally VFM drivers sedan.

Great buy my friend. Totally VFM.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congrats akash.

About the boot release, you had mentioned it wont be activated when the engine is running. Isnt that incorrect? What do you do when you stop for a security check at a mall?
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:19   #18
BHPian

congrats on ur new ride man.i too got my fiesta 1.6 ZXi at the same discount period for 75k less and its paprika too.cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Akash-: Are the fog lamps standard fitment only for Petrol version? My diesel Zxi doesnt even have front fog lamps.
even the petrol ZXi doesn't come with front fogs.they say it costs 5k to get it at ford dealership.if you just want go for the below 1k fog lamps which you will get at any accessory shops!!

Quote:
Ford OEM 2 din music system is an add on (just 10k with 4 speakers). The sound is awesome. Wheel caps are standard fitment.
wow,just 10k for that combo. i was told 12.5k and so i went for pio 6050 and jbl speakers all around for 15k.
and if possible get the alloys and upsize if required!!
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Never knew of this feature.

I ahve opened the boot in my Fiesta while the engine was running. But I won't risk trying it while running.

Akash-: Are the fog lamps standard fitment only for Petrol version? My diesel Zxi doesnt even have front fog lamps.

I was refering to rear fog lamps, not the front one. Front ones are standard only in Sxi (top end) version. Your Zxi definately has rear fog lamps!

akash_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 20:06   #20
BHPian

nice man its a steal for 5.29 lak the top end diesel costs twice that
looks good with neat interior
real value for money ford must be crazy to sell it for that price
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 20:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great car! Great color! and a Great deal!

At 5.78 its a STEAL! Happy Driving.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 20:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Akash. A great drivers car and the color looks really sporty.

I'm quite a fan of this car, esp. after I've heard about it's wonderful handling.

Quote:
Boot release button wont function if the engine is start! Again a safty feature.
This is not a great feature to have IMHO. Everytime there is a Security Check before entering a Mall, One would have to kill the engine, release the boot and start the engine again. Not the best thing for Engine health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
AFAIK, my boot release does not function when the speed of the car is more than 15 kmph. Not sure if they have changed it.
Quote:
Never knew of this feature.
I ahve opened the boot in my Fiesta while the engine was running. But I won't risk trying it while running.
If this is true then it makes more sense.

OT:
Reminds me of a mistake a car manufacturer made, of the doors autolocking when the speed exceeded a particular value. They had to call back cars and disable this feature when complaints started coming in from customers who got locked out of the car when it was getting a automatic-washing.

Last edited by manveet : 20th January 2009 at 21:00.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 21:04   #23
BHPian

manveet this feature is present in vRS as well and its called as antihijacking. The doors are autolocked once it achieves speed above 20kph
sorry for being OT
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 21:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

OT again. It's there on the Swift Zxi too

But what is this automatic-washing funda ? Do cars reach speeds of 20kmph during those washes ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 21:31   #25
A.R
BHPian

Is this offer open at Bangalore? Cauvery/Metro/Lathangi Ford? Man, its a steal!
I will certainly find out when I'm back from Chennai.
A.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 22:18   #26
BHPian

Hey Congrats mate !!!

I was about the buy the same car during the discount period, but when I went to the dealer, they said only if I pay full cash they can arrange a car for me.

In Bangalore it would have costed 6.48 on road which was 2 lacs well over my budget. But still a fiesta under 6.5 lacs! I immediately went to some used car showrooms to check out the price of used ford fiesta's and those crazy buggers were still selling 1 yr old fiesta's at 7 lacs . Thats how Bangalore's used car market is. Never ever buy a used car in bangalore.

Although discount of 91K was juicy, it finally struck to me that 2 lacs above my budget was a bit toooo much during these uncertain times and hence settled for the sasta, tikaau and muzbuut Indica Vista TDI !

Congrats Once again for your car mate !

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 23:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Default Seriously OT. Sorry Akash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
manveet this feature is present in vRS as well and its called as antihijacking. The doors are autolocked once it achieves speed above 20kph
sorry for being OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
OT again. It's there on the Swift Zxi too

But what is this automatic-washing funda ? Do cars reach speeds of 20kmph during those washes ?
The image below shows what it is. Maybe there is another name for it as well, like in Drive-In wash or something. They spin the wheels during washing and hence the doors used to lock with the keys inside.

Maybe now technology has changed and cars use other methods to check if it's actually moving or just spinning wheels.
Attached Images

manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 23:22   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Congrats on the fabulous deal and one of my favourite cars after the ford ikon 1.6.Have driven or "ripped" a friends car,and have found it to be a lot more rev happy than the suzukis and the hondas.The sound that the engine makes once the rpm needle crosses 4000rpm is heavenly,not to forget it handles like no other car in the 12lac bracket.The ergonomics are also completely spot on...
congrats once again...hopefully will see this car in Noida...
And yeah! Im jealous
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 00:55   #29
BHPian

beautiful car akash and you got a mouth watering deal for the 1.6 beast!
enjoy and drive safe
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 13:24   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ 5.29 ex-showroom, why would anyone look at the Accent? Killer deal. Congratulations on a great price and car!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote