Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st February 2009, 11:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneel View Post
Hey everyone, its been a week and i finally found the time to make an ownership post of the new Honda City i got last saturday, the 17th.

Well to start off i had been driving a Baleno for the last year which my grandpa had given me. Its 4 years old now and my dad decided to give it away and buy me a new car. I decided on the City after seeing it because i really liked the new design, performance and interiors. It was just the kind of car i was looking for as it had the perfect balance of class and sportiness. All the colors look good, but my favorites were white and black and since my mom already has a black civic i decided to get the white one.
Suneel, congrats on the new ride. It looks lovely in white. A very nice write up and comparo too. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks!

Rgds,
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 18:43   #32
BHPian

This is an excellent choice. Even so, I would like to know how would compare the drive feel compared to the Civic? Now, I know people will say that the civic is a different league and all that. The new city is in Civic territory now. so please give us a lil more about this.Thanks. And once again, great ride. Congratulations
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:09   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Even so, I would like to know how would compare the drive feel compared to the Civic?
The ANHC's engine is not as happy at high-revvs as the Civics is. Surprising for a Honda petrol, but it does feel a li'l rough at the redline. The ANHC & the Civic both - fly in their ointment - soft rear suspension. Car to drive in this segment is the Fiesta 1.6S (steering, smooth to the redline, suspension, feel / feedback).

Classy colour choice, Suneel. Nice tints is all you need to complete the look.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:47   #34
BHPian

The civic's drive really is in a league of its own, but the city isn't a big step down either. The similarity is that they both pull in almost the same way, slower at low RPM and faster at high RPM. It's a very fun car to drive overall but it can't be compared to the civic in that sense. The interiors however are very civic-like and they both have a similar look so maybe that's why people say its in civic territory.
suneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneel View Post
The civic's drive really is in a league of its own, but the city isn't a big step down either. The similarity is that they both pull in almost the same way, slower at low RPM and faster at high RPM. It's a very fun car to drive overall but it can't be compared to the civic in that sense. The interiors however are very civic-like and they both have a similar look so maybe that's why people say its in civic territory.
You think so (re: part in bold)? But I fully second the fun-to-drive bit - even in Bangalore, I get a solid feel-good vibe going on when I'm driving - but that maybe new car enthusiasm. I like the sweep on the dash. Heading back to Pune this weekend where I get to drive my parent's Civic and then can make a more educated comparison.
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 07:22   #36
BHPian

Yes I do think so. I didn't mean that they accelerate equally fast. I meant the powerband of both cars starts after 3500 to 4000 RPM and that they both pull slowly from 1000 to 3500 RPM and then they start pulling harder beyond 3500 RPM. Its less pronounced in the civic so its harder to see it but its still true. The civic feels much faster and more responsive though. I drive the civic frequently so that's what I felt.
Old 6th February 2009, 15:44   #37
BHPian

Hi Congrats for such a Fantastic car.

Well What is the latest FE?

Does it improving?

Plz put the regular updates on FE.

It'll help to lots of people thinking about buying ANHC but fearing low FE compare to NHC.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 21:20   #38
BHPian

So its been 1200 km since I've bought the car. I got the windows tinted a few days ago and changed the license plates since the regisrtation. Haven't gotten wheels yet but it should happen next month or so.
As for the drive, the car's grunt and performance seem to be more lively since the first service. Its also a lot more fun now that i dont have to keep the RPM below 4000. I was gettin 11.5 kmpl before the first service but now the mileage is down to 10.5, probably because I dont really drive with a light foot as much as I used to but anyway I'm not driving for mileage, I'm driving for pleasure so its not something I worry about

Here's some pics of the car's new look. Personally I love it and can't wait for rims to complete the setup.

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0480.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0482.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0485.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0488.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0490.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0492.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0494.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0493.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0498.jpg

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0499.jpg
Old 9th March 2009, 21:27   #39

any details on the tints that you have used bro?
Whaateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 10:19   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, these small number plates look awesome on Hondas! Your car is crying out loud for a set of great alloys & rubber, Suneel. Go get 'em!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 10:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The ANHC & the Civic both - fly in their ointment - soft rear suspension. Car to drive in this segment is the Fiesta 1.6S (steering, smooth to the redline, suspension, feel / feedback).

Classy colour choice, Suneel. Nice tints is all you need to complete the look.
@GTO - soft rear suspension in the civic? I feel anything but - it is stiffer than OHC and almost any other car I have driven, BMW excepted. The civic has proved a great hit - I think it great experience to both drivers and 'seths' (no body roll and phenomenal rear space) alike as well as good FE and it caught the economic boom.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 20:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaateva View Post
any details on the tints that you have used bro?
Ahh its been a while since then. I forgot the exact name of the tint but its the Llumar platinum series. Its the second darkest. The darkest is steel 5, with 5% visibility. I got a shade lighter, probably steel 25 or something like that. Visibility is great though, even at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow, these small number plates look awesome on Hondas! Your car is crying out loud for a set of great alloys & rubber, Suneel. Go get 'em!
Thanks GTO. I really can't wait to get some alloys. Hopefully it'll happen next month.
Old 17th March 2009, 10:41   #43
BANNED

suneel, congratulations on your buy, white looks good with those new lights. waiting to see some cool alloys on her.Drive safe and keep updating.CHEERS!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 15:20   #44
BANNED

Congrats suneel ! Enjoy ANHC !
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 16:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the tints have certainly made a positive difference in the looks department.
Nice ride Suneel. Enjoy!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote