Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th March 2009, 22:42   #46
BHPian

@braveheart77 &mac_guy555: congratulations to both of you and wish you many many miles of safe and trouble free motoring.

The Spark is one car which brings a smile to my face everytime I see one. I bet it must be a hoot to drive too.
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 14:47   #47
BANNED

i just love the smoothness and super silent engine spark has which is a boon in city driving, nice pics mac, seems things missing are roof rails and door strips which would look cool in this car.CHEERS!!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 14:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

cute little car,Congrats on ur buy.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 14:28   #49
BHPian

Default Waiting for months for Spark delivery- is GM India in a mess?

Congrats on getting your car.

My experience with GM/Chevy spark has been very different. We booked a Spark LS in Mumbai in the first week of Jan 2009. Since then, the dealer has been talking about delivery 'in about 10 days time'.

I also received a letter from the dealer saying banks have stopped wholesale lending, causing problems with Spark. The dealer general manager is claiming that GM moved Spark production from Halol to Talegaon, had a mess there and had to move it back. Also keeps claiming regular meetings with GM staff to sort out the issue, but no progress so far.

And, they still have major ads for Spark on TV and in newspapers.

My personal hunch is that GM is probably having problems getting the imported components from other GM companies abroad that in trouble, or is not getting local parts because of payment/vendor finance problems.

Looks like GM India is going the Daewoo/Matiz way. I don't think it now makes sense to buy a GM car in India. There'll be no parts and A.S.S. After waiting for 2 months, I have decided to cancel the booking.

What do people on this forum think? Know anybody else having such problems with GM India?
guptad42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 16:33   #50
BHPian

Hi Guptad42
I think there is no such problem.Infact I ordered my spark around 6 in the evening and i got it delivered by 7:30 'cos i'm living in Amritsar and the dealer has it's main yard in Jalandhar.They were very efficient in the delivery process.
You better check other dealers in Mumbai then only you can get to the root of the problem.
braveheart_77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 10:51   #51
BHPian

Hi Braveheart & SparkGuy,
Thanks a lot !! You are right about the mirrors and door handles. They were a part of the accessories pack for 35K.
The roof antenna is missing like I said no stock with the dealer.

@ Braveheart - Yes I am also getting the door mouldings installed in Black with Spark written on them (no stock with dealer)

@SparkGuy - Underseat tray ?? I did not know the Spark came with one ?? Is it standard on LS & LT models ?? Probably Arindam can enlighten us since he owns a LT model.

Best regards,
Adit.
mac_guy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 11:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
i just love the smoothness and super silent engine spark has which is a boon in city driving, nice pics mac, seems things missing are roof rails and door strips which would look cool in this car.CHEERS!!!
Hi again Vijay,
Yes engine is super smooth and I have already made sure the car did 290kms in 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
@braveheart77 &mac_guy555: congratulations to both of you and wish you many many miles of safe and trouble free motoring.

The Spark is one car which brings a smile to my face everytime I see one. I bet it must be a hoot to drive too.
Hi Volt,
Yeah it is a boon for city driving and thanks for your wishes. I just had a scare yesterday when I switched back to the Verna CRDi. Man I should be careful with that car.
I think the 1st & 2nd gear are pretty short and 3rd 4th are the main gears. One thing is good about the Spark is that it does not knock at speeds of 30 - 40 in 5th gear
So basically if driven correctly and with the right amount of pedal pressure you can extract good mileage, I believe. That was not the case with my Santro Xing. No matter what we did I could not get more than 10.5 - 11 kmp/l with AC on full time. Hopefully this car should be better (fingers crossed)
Old 16th March 2009, 12:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
@SparkGuy - Underseat tray ?? I did not know the Spark came with one ?? Is it standard on LS & LT models ?? Probably Arindam can enlighten us since he owns a LT model.
I car in which I took TD was LS model and was loaded with underseat tray as well as roof antenna. I may need to inquire from your dealer regarding the same.
sparkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 20:11   #54
BHPian

Hi SparkGuy,
Thanks for the information but I checked on the website and there is no mention about underseat tray on either models. So they must have discontinued it. As for antenna, if they had a music system on the test drive car then it would have the antenna on it. The LS does not come with a music system so no antenna I guess.
I also checked my PDI inspection pics and there are only 2 cars which have antenna's and I remember both of them were LT Option pack models.
Regards,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
I car in which I took TD was LS model and was loaded with underseat tray as well as roof antenna. I may need to inquire from your dealer regarding the same.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:43   #55
BHPian

mac guy,you can get the roof antenna as an option.I almost bought one from the dealer but the lower part of the antenna was missing so have to wait till the dealer get's the part sourced.
braveheart_77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 09:44   #56
BHPian

Default Help with headlamps in Spark

Hello everyone,
Need some urgent help with the halogen headlamps in my Spark ? I had replaced the stock Philips H4 55-60W to Osram 80-100W at time of delivery and something weird started happening. The LHS upper started drooping like a spot lamp just a little ahead of the front bumper.
After 4 days later and lots of trips to the Chevy dealer we identified the problem as non compatible and heavy voltage halogen bulbs. The battery could not just take the load it seems.
We then replaced the Osram's with stock Philips and everything works ok !!!

I really need to replace the stock bulbs with slightly more powerful bulbs with better throw and illumination. I am not looking to change the wires or anything.
Can anyone help me out ?
Warm regards,
Adit.
Old 21st March 2009, 10:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I really need to replace the stock bulbs with slightly more powerful bulbs with better throw and illumination. I am not looking to change the wires or anything.
Can anyone help me out ?
Warm regards,
Adit.
The auto lighting thread at Team-BHP has a lot of info on this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html
You will need to do a little rewiring and probably change the relays to ensure it works properly.
However beware as changing these may void your warranty on electricals!
BenjiRoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 11:14   #58
BHPian

Yeah that's the whole point. Do not want to void warranty on the electricals at all. Don't want to give these guys a chance to say NO for warranty. Have posted in the link you have sent. Thanks.
Warm regards,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
The auto lighting thread at Team-BHP has a lot of info on this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html
You will need to do a little rewiring and probably change the relays to ensure it works properly.
However beware as changing these may void your warranty on electricals!
Old 30th March 2009, 01:25   #59
BHPian

Well finally I have managed to get the Spark fitted with the side impact mouldings & roof antenna (genuine GM accessories) from the dealer. I did manage to sneak a peek into the pricing of the side impact mouldings and the price was 530/- odd Rs.
Also can someone let me know the pricing of genuine OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER bulbs H4 65/55W 12.5V ? I am also posting the same question in Auto Lighting thread.
Best regards,
Adit.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:44   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Well finally I have managed to get the Spark fitted with the side impact mouldings & roof antenna (genuine GM accessories) from the dealer. I did manage to sneak a peek into the pricing of the side impact mouldings and the price was 530/- odd Rs.

Best regards,
Adit.
looking to see some pics after these fitments.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote