Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th March 2009, 21:43   #136
BHPian

hi sam,

good to see ur innova with 3M, according to pics the visibility is really good.This week i am planning to apply 3M RE 70 for front windshield and RE50 for sides and for rear windshield i am thinking of having roller blinds, which corolla altis has...still have to check out the compatability.
Somashekar.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:42   #137
BANNED

sam, your innova with 3M looks cool, yes this film is doing good without spoiling the visibility, inside out pic is cool.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 13:06   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somashekar.B View Post
This week i am planning to apply 3M RE 70 for front windshield and RE50 for sides and for rear windshield
If I am not mistaken, the rear windshield also needs the same as the front.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 13:58   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

If I am not mistaken, the rear windshield also needs the same as the front.
what i ment was that i am going have roller blinds for rear windshield, which corolla altis have.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:39   #140
BHPian

Quote:
what i ment was that i am going have roller blinds for rear windshield, which corolla altis have.
Ya, even I am using two side blinds on back, as I don't want to use roller blinds. but you can go for RE70 on back too, as sticking is not a problem. If you want to take off rear one, then if proper solution is not used it can damage defogger, otherwise not.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 19:34   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Sorry, my mistake. So you are not going to have film at all for the rear windshield.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 15:06   #142
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Sorry, my mistake. So you are not going to have film at all for the rear windshield.
ya, thats right. I am scared about the rear windshield dimister problem after applying sunfilm. so taught of have roller blinds which is semi transperent. some thing like this

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st March 2009 at 15:43. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:39   #143
BHPian

Default Taj visit

Just thought of going on highway before son starts for school coming week. As he is wearing on T-shirt having Taj Mahal Printed on it, he always want to see in reality. So decided to go to Taj on 2nd April. Started at 6:45 AM from my home in North Delhi. Didn't cross anything above 90-100km/hr, as whole family with 3 month old kid were inside. Although outside temp crossed 40, but we maintained 24 inside. Reached Taj at around 11:15 after having a break on Mac D and have to stop for traffic Police Harrasment Checking. Driving a 8 seater Innova on Private number is big pain in Agra. They just stop and try to see if you didn't carry any paper and then just want to get some money from you. As it was my 45 days old baby, I didn't received RC yet. They just try to waste sometime and see if I can shell out some money. But after 10-15 min returned all papers and we proceed's towards TAJ.
Just few changes in Taj entry.
We can carry mobiles and water bottles. food is not allowed even choco's and sweets. But as we were having 3 month old baby with us, my spouse manage to get in without checking.
Camel kart and Horse Kart's rates are Rs 30 one side, so just keep that in mind. Don't hire any guide, most of them are new and they will just keep on repeating, its Symbol of love nothing else.
Don't waste your time in watching carpet, Marbel Taj etc, etc, even if you want please bargain, as they came down atleast 25-30% easily.

Rest visit was good and we enjoyed our time there. Just clicked some pics of This wonder. So enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01036.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01044.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01052.jpg  

Old 20th April 2009, 18:20   #144
BHPian

Thanks to soaring Temperature in Delhi around 42 degree C now a days, using A/C on Auto with around 21.5 starting ends up at around 24. And Its getting chilled with in 5 min max I can say.
I have noticed one thing, AUTO option works only at one outlet of blower with in on chest side, very first choice. If you select chest + leg postion AUTO option end. Does this happen with other Automatic climate control systems in other cars too?
Old 20th April 2009, 18:37   #145
Senior - BHPian

How is the visibility with these sun films at night? Can you see out easy? I hate it when I cannot see through the OVRM's when I am parking at night and the windows are up (when its raining etc).
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 18:44   #146
BHPian

On Clarity end 3M rocks, I used Garware till now, but 3M is much much better. Whether its 50% on sides or 70% on front it doesn't make any difference from inside, Clarity is almost equal and very clear though and on other hand reduces glare too in the night and no dash reflection on Windscreen in the day. I haven't install front one in my i10, but as the temprature soaring I guess I have to get this done soon.
Old 20th April 2009, 18:46   #147
Senior - BHPian

Goodie. That settles 3M for me. Will do it over this week end if I have the dough.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 06:34   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Can the new grill of innova be fitted to the old model? It sure gives this a more sedanish look
I wanted to change the front grill of my December 2008 Innova and went the Toyota workshop. But they said that it couldn't be done.
JackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 09:28   #149
BHPian

No I think it can be done. Ask some other toyota dealer or ask some other Cars Mod shops around.
In the page 9 of this thread post 124 to 130 they are discussing about this only.

And other than that you can go for the Front Grill from AGM company(Welcome to :::: AGM TECHNOLOGIES Official Website ::::) looks quite nice.

More information in the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-facelift.html (Tiny AGM betters Giant Toyota on the Innova facelift)
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 23:36   #150
BHPian

Default Innova New Features

Friends,

Any idea, if we can have these new goodies of Innova fixed to a 3 yr old model?
- Steering Controls
- Auto Climate Control
- MID

If yes, what would be the cost? I'm really keen to get my current Innova upgraded to those.

TIA,
KK
kishoryk is offline   Reply With Quote