Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th February 2009, 20:11   #91
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somashekar.B View Post
Usually its 4 family members who travel together. Then i feel its better to go for 7 Seater itself.
Check out the rear captain's seats carefully. they look just lke the front ones but the cushions are shorter than the front ones. So thigh support is really lacking. Maybe crucial for long distances.

The twin seats have enough space between them for even adults to go to the third row.

The side folding third row actually allows for one half to remain unfolded for the extra passenger.

I bought a V 7 seater for the captains seats in the 2 nd row as well as for the ABS. ABS was fine, but the lack of thigh suport in the 2nd row seats was the reason for me to dispose it.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 00:37   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for u prompt and speedy reply sam.

Usually its 4 family members who travel together. Then i feel its better to go for 7 Seater itself. Sure, update me tomorrow about the steering control switches tomorrow.

Take care.
if you ask me the captains chairs are much more comfortable than the bench. it depends from person to person, trrk had a problem but i havent heard of anyone else having a problem with them. i suggest you let your family members decide what is more comfortable.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 11:52   #93
BHPian

Thanks, trrk and akshay for ur valuable input on this.

Today morning the finance guy from HDFC had called us to inform that the loan amount has been approved by the bank..

In the mean time sales guy from Ravindu had also called us and asked us to book the today itself. Even our parents were telling me that today in an auspious day, So dad told to make my self free by 5 pm today, so that we can go and book our most awaited facelifted innova.
Somashekar.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 12:07   #94
BHPian

Uploading some more pics to have good look at new shoes.
Regarding steering control they have some radium impact on it, but no lights. they are visible at night quite well.
Attached Thumbnails
Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc00899.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc00900.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc00901.jpg  

sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 13:15   #95
BHPian

She really looks solid on her new shoes..good picture clarity sam...
Old 19th February 2009, 13:54   #96
Senior - BHPian

About 7 and 8 seator Innova, I found 8 seator is comfortable for me and my family in 2nd row.

I noticed samething about 2nd row captain seats in 7 seator Innova like trrk said.

I somehow not comfortable in 2nd row captain seats thy support lacks for me, Like Akshay said its totally person's taste and comfort

Today TD 7 seator Diesel light blue in Ravindu toyota. I can see little improvement in driving pickup compared to old Innovas but still its no match to Petrol Innova. The power Petrol Innova gives amazing!!

Toyota have done lot of improvement in this new face lifted Innova in terms of NVH levels and engine harshness I felt.

One ultimate joke is sales person said Petrol Innova would 5-6kmpl as FE in city while Diesel 11kmpl with AC on.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 15:37   #97
BHPian

I too agree with Ravi here, as you can fold, do incline or decline your 8 seater seats then why you need captain seats. Specially for old age parents. for them they need more space to feel relax rather cramp them in bucket. But yes its all personal opinion. I was never confused in 7 or 8 as I need 8 only due to family requirement.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 15:47   #98
BHPian

Sam, even i to felt the same..but its my mom & dad who is interested in 7 seater. because she is the one who sits in the second row. our family is of 3 members.Sister comes one in a while..that's it.
Old 19th February 2009, 16:50   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Sam, even i to felt the same..but its my mom & dad who is interested in 7 seater. because she is the one who sits in the second row. our family is of 3 members.Sister comes one in a while..that's it.
Then 7 seater make more sense to you, go for it.
Old 19th February 2009, 16:52   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Sam, front windshield sun film is 100% clear not dark. It is clear film so will not be a problem for anyone.

Also could you please post pics of the whole car with the new tyres. It will give a good idea how the stance changes with nice wide rubber.
Just enquire 3M there is no 100% clear sunfilm by any make so far. There are 70% clear film available in the market for Front.
Old 19th February 2009, 17:59   #101
BHPian

Can you install a centre Armrest in the middle row of the 8 seater Innova? Then it would be really comfortable.. Can the Toyota Showroom guys do it?

Lovely Car, btw, Congrats.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 18:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
but its my mom & dad who is interested in 7 seater. because she is the one who sits in the second row.
As long as the person who sits in the seat is fine with it, don't hesitate to go for the 7 seater.

My wife is all of 5 feet 4 inches. But she complains about the seats in most cars. She did like the 2nd row captain's seats when we went for a TD. But a journey of 1400kms in that seat was when she thought it was not giving enough thigh support.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 18:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Can you install a centre Armrest in the middle row of the 8 seater Innova? Then it would be really comfortable.. Can the Toyota Showroom guys do it?

Lovely Car, btw, Congrats.
Thanks, but I don't think Toyota can do any type of customization. If someone need armrest in middle, he has to take it from some other car and get it fixed outside, but that will spoil the fit and finish. Other way is keep 2-3 small cusions around, it will give support without any modifications.
Old 19th February 2009, 22:25   #104
BHPian

hi sam & Trrk,

Today evening by 6:30pm we booked the 7s innova. Sales guy told that the car will be delivered in the first week of March'09.

Below is the list of accessories which i have opted for:

1. Moulded mud flop in exchange of the stock rubber mud flop, for additional 300rs.
2. Scuff plate at the foot board- 10000rs. (4nos)
3. Stanley leather seats at stanley factory near double road. 50,000rs.
4. Muffler cutter- 750rs.
5. Car cover - 3500rs.
6. 3M sunfilm - 7000rs.
7. Rear parcel tray moulded once's (need to check the price).
8. Rear spoiler 10000rs.(without led)
thats all.

If any thing need to be added or deleted pls let me know. I taught of changing tyres after some time.

DRIVE SAFE
Old 19th February 2009, 23:23   #105
BHPian

Quote:
2. Scuff plate at the foot board- 10000rs. (4nos)
is it the same as step garnish? if yes then 10k for that stuff?
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote