Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th February 2009, 23:26   #106
Team-BHP Support

forget the scuff plate and the spoiler. you can get them much cheaper from outside.

and the sunfilm for 7k is a ripoff. are they giving you front windscreen also?

and the tires, make sure you get bridgestone. will give u a much better deal when exchanging.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 23:53   #107
BHPian

Hi akshay & white vdi,

The above one is the scuff plate. Akshay sunfilm does not include front windshield.
How much does the spoiler,scuff plate and 3M or V-Kool sunfilm cost off market..especially in bangalore.

Accessories guy told me that the spoiler which is available outside is not original one and which is not certified by toyota. so, how to go about now!

Last edited by Somashekar.B : 19th February 2009 at 23:58.
Somashekar.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 23:58   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somashekar.B View Post

Hi akshay & white vdi,

The above one is the scuff plate. Akshay sunfilm does not include front windshield.
How does the spoiler,scuff plate and 3M or V-Kool sunfilm cost off market..especially in bangalore.

Accessories guy told me that the spoiler which is available outside is not original one and which is not certified by toyota. so, how to go about now!
i remember reading on tbhp that someone got the scuffplates outside for 4k.

the 3m is a ripoff. i remember paying some 4k for 3m re35 sunfilm. and 5k for the windscreen.

the spoiler isnt gonna help u in anyway besides looks so who cares whether its toyota certified or not.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 00:18   #109
BHPian

Thanks akshay i will go around tomorrow to JC road in bangalore where most of the shops are related to automobile accessories and find out what are the actual cost for these accessories.

With regards to sunfilm should i go for 3M or V-Kool, i heard that V-kool is better when comapres with 3M and v-kool is priced on the higher side.

i welcome your guys help if any one refer a particular dealer who deals with innova accessories in bangalore..should be a proffessional guy ha.
Old 20th February 2009, 11:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

About accessories I remember I paid around 5400/- for spoiler with LEDs. sunfilm would cost around 4000/- for decent one and front windshield would cost around 3000 to 8000.

I have front windshield in my Alto, its really worth except some glare it creates in some angles of sunlight.

Even for my Innova spoiler and other stuffs Toyota Quality check people had made remark of local accessories and said they make rattles and of no use. as long as we won't put accessories which won't void warranty we can use outside accessories because company accessories are too costly and not worth for that price.

I know local/after market accessories have defects sometimes but my experience is good most of the times except few urgency I did.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 20th February 2009 at 11:24.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 12:24   #111
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The scruff plates indeed are costly at that price.

Even I wanted that spoiler, but when I looked at vehicles fitted with them, the spoiler did not help reduce the dust on the rear windshield.

Another irritating factor: Absence of an intermittent rear wipe.

Congratulations.

Never had any extras in my Innova (when I had it) except for made to order seat covers.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 15:48   #112
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the club!!!
Spoiler I got it from Galaxy for 4500/- and 3m RE50 for sides I am getting done right now my 3M guy outside my house for 3500/-. I suggest contact 3M directly and get this done my them at your place. I know one accessory shop near Lifestyle in bangalore. When I used to live there I get my Santro stuff from there. you can have a look at Dolphin seat cover too at that shop. It is no where lesser then Leather and will come under 10000.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 17:42   #113
BHPian

Thats precisely the problem. A safari can give a center arm rest. A xylo can put it in the last seat, and Toyota for some reason does not think that to be a necessity....
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 09:11   #114
BHPian

Hi every one,

Yesterday i had been to few accessories dealers to find out the off market accessoreies cost.

1.Rear spoiler - 5400rs(without led ABS company made)
2.Muffler cutter- 450rs
3.3M sunfilm sp series - 3000rs
4.Car cover- 1600 rs
5.Scuff plate 1600 - 2900rs.
6.Rear view camera,sensors and lcd display in rear view mirror-15,000rs
7.Front wind sheild film -4000rs.

Total 32,350rs
Old 24th February 2009, 09:35   #115
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club!!!
Spoiler I got it from Galaxy for 4500/- and 3m RE50 for sides I am getting done right now my 3M guy outside my house for 3500/-. I suggest contact 3M directly and get this done my them at your place. I know one accessory shop near Lifestyle in bangalore. When I used to live there I get my Santro stuff from there. you can have a look at Dolphin seat cover too at that shop. It is no where lesser then Leather and will come under 10000.
hi sam, did you have any defogger issues after putting sunfilm on the rear windshield?
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:36   #116
BANNED

Thumbs up congrats for your new innova vx

sam, congratulations for new facelifted innova. Great buy with very good choice of colour.Have a safe and fun drive. New wheels looks good too.keep updating.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 16:16   #117
BHPian

I had a Highway drive to Jaipur last weekend. It was one of the best comfort ride I ever had to Jaipur so far. I think full paisa vasul after we end our journey safely with no travel tiredness.

Performace: Its amazing that's what I can say right now. Although at lower gears you hear some sounds (like you are driving on higher gear then required), then immediately I have to switch to lower gear. Pickup is good for such vehicle. But I never saw RPM meter goes above 2.5 even at 110 km/h. Yup that's the max I touched to feel it. But immediately lowered it between 80-100. If you try to go beyond 100 mark the response from it is really fast and you can easily cross 100, 110 and so on.

Ride and comfort: Ride was smooth and balanced. Didn't even noticed that I am driving MUV not Sedan. May be C-drive played its role here, as even on high speed sharp turns never felt any jerk. Braking was excellent.

Mileage/Average : Now comes the eating habits, it gave me 11.5 km/l on this route. No service done yet. So I feel its Ok.

Overall: I really enjoyed the drive. While going to Jaipur I felt it bit heavy, but on my return trip it was more smoother. Overtakes and sharp cuts was never a problem. I didn't feel I have to change my driving style for this.

3M: I have used RE 50 on Innova sides only. But really while going towards Jaipur Sun rays were coming from front. Was feeling to go for front Sun Film asap. But Next day I was showing Innova to some friend there and apprasing 3M, but while opening door felt almost same heat inside the car. So was worried what 3M will do here ? Otherwise Overall feel is ok, cooling was better inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
hi sam, did you have any defogger issues after putting sunfilm on the rear windshield?
Didn't used film at back. As I wasn't clear whether this will have any impact positive or negative. But the guy who was installing it, said it won't do any harm and in case you want to remove it, there are special solutions for that. But I didn't took chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
sam, congratulations for new facelifted innova. Great buy with very good choice of colour.Have a safe and fun drive. New wheels looks good too.keep updating.
Thanks, you they are better and with new rubber looks more healthy.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:16   #118
BANNED

hey sam one thing i would like to know, how do you feel the 3rd row space, as with adults taking seats how comfortable is it there as i hve seated on scorpio's last row and was cramped and not easy for 6ft like me on long runs, what do u say about that.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 15:10   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hey sam one thing i would like to know, how do you feel the 3rd row space, as with adults taking seats how comfortable is it there as i hve seated on scorpio's last row and was cramped and not easy for 6ft like me on long runs, what do u say about that.
As we have middle row adjustable, we get enough room even in third row. Only Two adults with one kid can sit comfortably for long journey. I guess even on this you will feel uncomfortable specially on long runs, if you go on last row, as seats are almost on floor which has been mounted bit higher than front one.

..................................___Last Row Seat_
.................................|
__________Front Seats |

this is how seating has been designed.

Last edited by sam003 : 25th February 2009 at 15:13.
Old 28th February 2009, 13:08   #120
BHPian

I am thinking of changing bulbs to 90/100 w, does this require different relay or will this go with stock setup.