Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th February 2009, 13:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I am thinking of changing bulbs to 90/100 w, does this require different relay or will this go with stock setup.
So, I guess your current bulbs rating is 50/55w. If so, yes, relay required for 90/100w since you current wiring is for a lower power supply.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:57   #122
Senior - BHPian

Sam...first let me congratulate for the machine.
You can go for Philips rally bulbs 90/100w with relay & ceramic harness cost 1000-1200/- bucks.
Advantages going for front wind screen: It save you from lot of heat indirectly cools the cabin faster, fuel consumption, being an automatic climate controller.

“but while opening door felt almost same heat inside the car. So was worried what 3M will do here ? Otherwise Overall feel is ok, cooling was better inside.”

V-kool sunflim solves this problem, though the prices are very steep. it may cost atleast 15k for innova only for the sides. front windscreen 8K
Ramsagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:26   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Sam...first let me congratulate for the machine.
You can go for Philips rally bulbs 90/100w with relay & ceramic harness cost 1000-1200/- bucks.
Advantages going for front wind screen: It save you from lot of heat indirectly cools the cabin faster, fuel consumption, being an automatic climate controller.

“but while opening door felt almost same heat inside the car. So was worried what 3M will do here ? Otherwise Overall feel is ok, cooling was better inside.”

V-kool sunflim solves this problem, though the prices are very steep. it may cost atleast 15k for innova only for the sides. front windscreen 8K
Will stay will stock bulb for some more time, as few of 90/100w long term users says it spoils the original wiring in long term. Not sure if they are correct or not and even older melts sometime.

Finally Windscreen I got RE70 done last weekend and yes now cooling is bit faster. Got this does for 2750/-.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:11   #124
sps
BHPian

Can the new grill of innova be fitted to the old model? It sure gives this a more sedanish look
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:08   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Can the new grill of innova be fitted to the old model? It sure gives this a more sedanish look
Yes we can, as there is no change in that portion to add that grill. So you can put this grill in old model too.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:45   #126
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Yes we can, as there is no change in that portion to add that grill. So you can put this grill in old model too.
that's good, But I may have to get the grill from toyota dealer itself, because I don't think it has already reached local accessory shops.

Have to do a photoshop to know how it looks in my vehicle. I have slight apprehension that it won't match the red color.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:44   #127
Senior - BHPian

@sps:try to change the front bumper along with the grill.new bumper looks macho,could be heavy on pocket.
what could be the expected price?
Ramsagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 16:05   #128
BHPian

Default First Free Service done at 1065 kms

I went for Innova First Free Service today at Galaxy Moti Nagar. Went and 9AM and got everthing done by 11 AM. Although they just do washing and normal checkup during this service and I guess main emphasis is on clean-up the car with washing, wax and vaccum cleaner nothing else .

As there is no hic-ups in the vehicle so no major change after service. And no hole in pocket too.

So First Service completed. Next is due at 5K kms or 6 months. I guess it will come sooner.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:56   #129
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
@sps:try to change the front bumper along with the grill.new bumper looks macho,could be heavy on pocket.
what could be the expected price?
Something similar to the new front bumper is already available as part of the body kit from the dealer. Costs 30k. But that includes some side skirting also. Doing the front alone might cost a little less.
Now I am on the look out for grill. Still no hope. But I am not in a hurry as I am enjoying the performance and comfort it offers.
Old 7th March 2009, 16:22   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Something similar to the new front bumper is already available as part of the body kit from the dealer. Costs 30k. But that includes some side skirting also. Doing the front alone might cost a little less.
Now I am on the look out for grill. Still no hope. But I am not in a hurry as I am enjoying the performance and comfort it offers.
I would say look for Kit from AGM, its much better from the one available at Toyota. It has its own custom bumper. We have pics in some other thread for Innova.
Old 7th March 2009, 17:03   #131
BHPian

sam you did not post pics after applying sunfilm, if u dont mind can you upload some pics..
Somashekar.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 11:11   #132
BHPian

Yup will upload sunfilm pics this week. Was busy in some office stuff, didn't get much time.

Just to add as I am driving this daily to my office on rush area, I never felt I was driving such a huge vehicle. Due to its good turning radius, never felt out of space in short cuts too. Backing sensors works really good, it warns at the right time, but if you keen on ignoring sound become more louder, that means please stop now.

Getting 10.5 km/l with A/c on normal city traffic. I guess this is good for now. cover just 1500km so far. Looking for some Highway driving soon in coming weekends. Enjoying every moment of it so far.
Old 27th March 2009, 11:54   #133
sps
BHPian

Quote:
3M: I have used RE 50 on Innova sides only. But really while going towards Jaipur Sun rays were coming from front. Was feeling to go for front Sun Film asap. But Next day I was showing Innova to some friend there and apprasing 3M, but while opening door felt almost same heat inside the car. So was worried what 3M will do here ? Otherwise Overall feel is ok, cooling was better inside.
Is RE 50 capable of keeping the sun away from the sides. How is the visibility? I assume that it will have a slight dark shade only.

Pictures from the side during day time will give a clear idea.

What is your feedback on RE70 especially during nights?
Old 27th March 2009, 13:06   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Is RE 50 capable of keeping the sun away from the sides. How is the visibility? I assume that it will have a slight dark shade only.

Pictures from the side during day time will give a clear idea.

What is your feedback on RE70 especially during nights?
RE50 is good enough to keep heat away, but yes its not that dark or i would say not dark at all. Full day light you feel like not having a sunfilm at all. First time when I was not having front RE70 I was bit upset of investing in, but after RE70 on front it makes lot of difference, though you won't feel that film has installed but heat as compared to earlier is way lesser and cooling is much faster.
Visibility is not a concern in 3M, Even if you look from side it has brighter view and less glare. Fron RE70 visibility too, is as good as not having any film at all with less glare. No complaint so far. But make sure you get it done by good installer and they cut the sheet vertically, you should see 3M written like

----------------3M------------

As i have to get my film done twice, although it was a replacement. Becuase earlier they cut the film vertically and I have lot of visible waves and they disturb you a lot during night. But now things are good.

I heard even SP series is good and bit darker then RE, just check that in market first. But visibility and heat reduction is very good.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:54   #135
BHPian

Default 3M Pics

Taken some 3M pics of my innova. And one inside out from RE70 windscreen. You can see the clarity of film.
Attached Thumbnails
Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01002.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01003.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01004.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01005.jpg  

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc01007.jpg  

sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote