Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 21:59   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Had a small test drive of the I-20 Asta, as I was thinking of a replacement for the Getz 1.3.
The car is really impressive in looks and equipment. The ride is good also, up there with the Getz which has a super ride. Where I found it disappointing is in acceleration from a standing start, my three -year old Getz is better. This factor alone has pushed me to postpone my purchase for some more time, either till a more powerful engine is provided, or some other competitor comes in from Maruti or Honda.
Honda Jazz is coming in June/July timeframe. It was confirmed by a Honda sales rep here in Delhi. I think Jazz is going to have 90 bhp 1.2 i-vtec. It shud be much better than i20 1.2
joslicx is offline  
Old 13th March 2009, 09:53   #152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 981
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Another thing points to the mismatch of the engine to the car. Hyundai do not offer an auto transmission option for the I-20, unlike the I-10. I suspect this is due to the fact it would make the car even slower and fuel efficiency figures would also suffer terribly.
filcord is offline  
Old 13th March 2009, 10:54   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

tejas test drove the car last week, went with him, impressive interior comfort
jasher26 is offline  
Old 13th March 2009, 13:00   #154
PSA
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Friends, I booked I20 Asta on 10th, epecting delivery in April 3rd week

This is my first post here, thanks everyone for the helpful info on the forum
PSA is offline  
Old 13th March 2009, 17:52   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
vasoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Another thing points to the mismatch of the engine to the car. Hyundai do not offer an auto transmission option for the I-20, unlike the I-10. I suspect this is due to the fact it would make the car even slower and fuel efficiency figures would also suffer terribly.
Good observation. In UK and Europe they have the AT version launched with 1.4 engine. FE cannot be any better in 1.4 petrol though...And I don't see 1.4 petrol getting launched in India considering the price points.
vasoo is offline  
Old 18th March 2009, 13:56   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

This thread is the slowest one in this whole forum I think !! Not a single user-review with photos so far, even after many have already taken delivery in different places. Delivery commitment from dealers itself is different, I heard from Trident Hyundai that they keep 6 weeks to deliver. When will we see a full review with lots of photos here ? The hope has become a dream and the dream has become a faint memory now !!
shajufx is offline  
Old 18th March 2009, 15:05   #157
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 198
Thanked: Once
Default

There are two reviews of initial ownerships in this section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-i20-asta.html (The Initial Take on My Hyundai i20 Asta)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html (Hyundai I20 Asta Initial Ownership Report)
cartech is offline  
Old 18th March 2009, 19:32   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Wow, thanks for those links !! I never searched here, thinking something would be posted in this thread itself. Atlast we have reports from our members ! Both are fresh threads too. Thanks again!

Last edited by shajufx : 18th March 2009 at 19:34.
shajufx is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:25   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Test drove the i20 1.2 today. Interestingly Hyundai has sent the Magna Demo Cars to the dealers and not the top end Asta. The car had already done 3400 kms

Whats good:
* Interiors Quality
* The factory stereo sounded decent, much better than the one in Punto
* Smooth Engine and refined engine.
* Supple Ride upto 60 kph(Didnt test the handling or ride at high speeds)
* Nice gearshift

Whats Bad:
* A/C was barely adequate, the one in Punto is a chiller.
* Biggest let down was the engine performance. Its smooth and refined alright but is a gutless performer. There isnt any performance to be had from that engine. I have serious doubts on Hyundai claiming 80 bhp from that engine.
* Steering provides no feedback whatsoever and has elastic effect while coming to straight ahead position. At first I thought alignment was out but no its was the steering!

Overall a nice car but not for me.
extreme_torque is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:11   #160
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 881
Thanked: 328 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Test drove the i20 1.2 today. Interestingly Hyundai has sent the Magna Demo Cars to the dealers and not the top end Asta. The car had already done 3400 kms

Whats good:
* Interiors Quality
* The factory stereo sounded decent, much better than the one in Punto
* Smooth Engine and refined engine.
* Supple Ride upto 60 kph(Didnt test the handling or ride at high speeds)
* Nice gearshift

Whats Bad:
* A/C was barely adequate, the one in Punto is a chiller.
* Biggest let down was the engine performance. Its smooth and refined alright but is a gutless performer. There isnt any performance to be had from that engine. I have serious doubts on Hyundai claiming 80 bhp from that engine.
* Steering provides no feedback whatsoever and has elastic effect while coming to straight ahead position. At first I thought alignment was out but no its was the steering!

Overall a nice car but not for me.
Sorry for going OT on a diesel thread, but had to respond to an OT review. Yeah on paper i20 petrol with 80 Bhp is not on par with Punto, but I felt, having driven both Petrols (Punto 1.4), that Punto is not too far in front in performance. Infact it is very sluggish despite being a 1.4 ltr engine. MAybe it was due to the car available for test drive, but I felt the i20 petrol was as good in performance as the Punto. If i20 comes in 1.4 ltr manual version, it will leave Punto far behind no doubts on that.

Overall the feeling is Punto Petrol is not having a sporty engine in petrol in line with the sporty looks

Last edited by nurni76 : 22nd July 2009 at 15:13.
nurni76 is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:35   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Sorry for going OT on a diesel thread, but had to respond to an OT review. Yeah on paper i20 petrol with 80 Bhp is not on par with Punto, but I felt, having driven both Petrols (Punto 1.4), that Punto is not too far in front in performance. Infact it is very sluggish despite being a 1.4 ltr engine. MAybe it was due to the car available for test drive, but I felt the i20 petrol was as good in performance as the Punto. If i20 comes in 1.4 ltr manual version, it will leave Punto far behind no doubts on that.
Overall the feeling is Punto Petrol is not having a sporty engine in petrol in line with the sporty looks
I never said anything about power on paper... To me 1.2 Kappa was a big letdown in the i20. It just didnt move!

I havent driven the 1.4 Punto so cant compare or comment but your view in completely opposite to the test drive review posted in another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1395939

Last edited by extreme_torque : 22nd July 2009 at 15:45.
extreme_torque is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:33   #162
BHPian
 
WhiteKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
but I felt, having driven both Petrols (Punto 1.4), that Punto is not too far in front in performance.
Not entirely true. Here are 0-100 figures from Whatcar

Punto 1.4 Petrol 16.58 Sec
i20 1.2 Petrol 15.21 Sec

Top Speed
Punto 1.4 144 KpH
i20 1.2 155 KpH

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2009 at 20:38. Reason: Splitting the post
WhiteKnight is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:17   #163
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
* Biggest let down was the engine performance. Its smooth and refined alright but is a gutless performer. There isnt any performance to be had from that engine. I have serious doubts on Hyundai claiming 80 bhp from that engine.

I test drove the i20 1.2 Petrol Asta and Punto 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack back-to-back a couple of weeks ago. Found not much of a difference in power. The Punto was definitely not that much better - I could hardly tell the difference.

Disclaimer: I have booked the i20.
gadiyar is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:54   #164
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

I'm quite surprised Hyundai launched a 1.4 Petrol with an AT option only. Having said that, I didn't find very encouraging reviews of the European i20 1.4 (MT/AT).
CBlazer is offline  
Old 9th August 2009, 14:35   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

I drove a 1.2 Magna i20 today.

I fell in love with the car. It's ergonomically spot on. The clutch is super, the ride is good on the OE tyres. Whatever people say - I liked the 1.2 engine - smooth silent and a decent performer. It will not perform wheel spins but it's perfect for the city. The handling was quite good too - the ride felt solid too. The interiors are pretty decent and the OE audio is good.

If the CRDi was not there - I would have gone and booked one.
normally_crazy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai releases music video composed of sounds from the Elite i20 Aditya The Indian Car Scene 12 12th April 2016 08:12
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Test Drive : Hyundai i20 CRDi. kpzen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 257 3rd May 2010 12:50
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks