Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th February 2009, 23:56   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

Where did you see the car? Do I know you?
Ritika here... We met opposite convergys remember??
ritzy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 00:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congrats, Quickdraw on the car.

I have been keeping an eye on the ad to see how many have been interested in this vehicle. Ever since its launch, she has been a stunning good looking car. Unfortunately, Ford did not pay too much of an attention to market it well. I believe if it was marketed well, you would see many more of Mondeos on the roads and would have taken the compteition to Accord when launched.
I think it was not totally Ford's fault totally. Getting the car in as a CBU attracted heavy duties and made the overall cost of the car twice as it would have been. But the build quality paid off. My car is almost 8 years old now, 8 YEARS!! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, nothing squeaks or rattles. There is no little thing that doesnt work on the car, speakes a lot about build quality. I had a chance to test drive a Linea a couple of days back and definately felt my car was better built and felt solid then it. Its a kind of Skoda feeling I feel. I dont think I can settle for any Jap car anymore after this.

@Tejas : Really you feel so, I feel it needs a little nifty spoiler. Will definately meet everyone at SpeedRun or Torquenite I am sure all the gearheads will be there.

Now comes the big question guys.

To turbo or not to turbo is the question.

@Ritika : Oh so so sorry, you never told me your ID on T-Bhp how was I supposed to know

Last edited by quickdraw : 10th February 2009 at 00:11.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 19:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

COngrats on getting the Mondeo Manav she looks hot

So you replaced the Viva with Mondeo or had some thing else in between?

Also I had heard that you had to replace one of tyres after buying the car as it had burst, did you get to know what caused the burst?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 02:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi techno, finally you speak

The Viva was a tough old bird. She had a little incident at Charoti Toll Naka when a Bus rear swiped her when it was standing still for the toll. Thankfully no one was hurt except poor old 1436. She was done up completely but never quite felt the same. With a sad heart she was sold off sometime back. And I swear I was never as sad to see a car go since childhood. I am still using the girlfriends Red Swift Vxi and my Kalu VDi. The Mondy see's action only at nights.

The front right tyre had a couple of side wall ballons. And I was pretty concerned so we were all standing in the parking I was getting the car out to take to the tyre walla anyways and had turned the steering and one of the wall bubble started leaking with a little burst like sound. I immidately jacked up the car and got the tyre changed. Will post pics of the tyre soon its at Mukuls place. I cannot even begin to fathom what could have happened if I was driving the car when that happened. So now I daily check the tyre walls everyday before taking the car out and after retiring her for the night. Unfortunately these lovely rims are extremely delicate and so are the tyres. The rear's are holding absolutely fine but the fronts profile is like about a inch so have to be ultra mega careful.

Would be changing the whole set in another 10k kms if I can afford them that is. Would definately be looking at atleast a 45 side profile. Oh and who told you about the burst Bhuvan?
Old 11th February 2009, 12:07   #35
Team-BHP Support

Wow! The Mondeo's an awesome car, and quite a looker!
Nice set of mods on it, I must say.

Will await more pics.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 12:19   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know that the fault was detected at safe speeds.

As for the info, well I might be out of scene but I do keep my eyes & ears open

Keep us posted on the Mondeo
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 20:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

It was detected when it was parked thankfully. Even God cannot imagine what would have happened to the OZ's if it was at any decent speeds. Touch wood. Will post pics by tommo. Will also post some interesting pics of my garage soon!
Old 13th February 2009, 09:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
So guys first question, the tyres will need to be replaced within the next 10k kms which ones should I go for and wont burn my wallet. Also any inputs on the wierd wobbles?
Rear end wobble - Rear Subframe bushes and that Fat rear tire Tramlining.
mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 10:47   #39
BHPian

Congrats quaickdraw!

I have always been a big fan of the Mondeo ever since I saw it First in Delhi (Khan Market) a couple of years back. The car has the right aggressive stance and a very proportionate look.

The mods listed must make the car a pleasure to rev.
Drive safe and keep the pics coming
prateekswarup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 14:19   #40
BHPian

Congrats quaickdraw!

I too bought a Mondeo couple of months back. I just love the way that Engine sounds and the top end acceleration. I can't imagine how good your car would be with all theose mods. Infact when I first saw the ad on Team-BHP I even thought of trading my 3-weeks old Mondy with this one. But the cost of re-registering it in Bangalore held me back.

Enjoy your car!!

Last edited by novice : 13th February 2009 at 14:20.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 14:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

quickdraw your higher profile idea might be good i did the same on the 17inch wheels of my e220 cdi company recomendation was 35 profile , i put 45 and the ride was better than the 16 inc company setup, but i could do this because for India the ride height has been increased so lalit and me at premji in mumbai took a chance (more he being confident) and it worked wonders but i did have this wierd instance when a stick or stone that got stuck to the tyer in some much hit the inner wheel well so hard that there was an inside out dink!! thats when I found out the MB dose not line critical sections of the inner fender with rubber or anything it is bare metal!!! even japanese and american cars come with this I got my guy to apply silycon to cover the entire area.

You are running 19 inch I recall maybe tough to put higher profile without rolling the fender (you will have to procure a fender rolling tool) or cutting metal a no no from me rolling maybe that to with a rolling tool.

Last edited by canonball : 13th February 2009 at 14:49.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 15:05   #42
BHPian

SR 71 was my first love before the F 22
and your car does match it!
take care of her
Attached Thumbnails
The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-sr-71.jpg  

mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 20:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
Rear end wobble - Rear Subframe bushes and that Fat rear tire Tramlining.
??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Congrats quaickdraw!

I too bought a Mondeo couple of months back. I just love the way that Engine sounds and the top end acceleration. I can't imagine how good your car would be with all theose mods. Infact when I first saw the ad on Team-BHP I even thought of trading my 3-weeks old Mondy with this one. But the cost of re-registering it in Bangalore held me back.

Enjoy your car!!
Its Quickdraw bhai, and please do post some pics of your car soon. And welcome "To a rare breed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
quickdraw your higher profile idea might be good i did the same on the 17inch wheels of my e220 cdi company recomendation was 35 profile , i put 45 and the ride was better than the 16 inc company setup, but i could do this because for India the ride height has been increased so lalit and me at premji in mumbai took a chance (more he being confident) and it worked wonders but i did have this wierd instance when a stick or stone that got stuck to the tyer in some much hit the inner wheel well so hard that there was an inside out dink!! thats when I found out the MB dose not line critical sections of the inner fender with rubber or anything it is bare metal!!! even japanese and american cars come with this I got my guy to apply silycon to cover the entire area.

You are running 19 inch I recall maybe tough to put higher profile without rolling the fender (you will have to procure a fender rolling tool) or cutting metal a no no from me rolling maybe that to with a rolling tool.
I dont have much idea what a fender rolling tool is or what you are exactly talking about (I am sorry I am very new to the car scene) and what would be the exact tires you reccomend for the car? And I really dont want a black hole in my pocket

@all : Thanks for your wishes guys, your words make me feel so happy and share more with you have got a couple of pics of the car taken yesterday will post them soon enough.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Heres the pic techno.

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-img_0026.jpg

Thank you Govt of India for this wonderful gift!
Old 21st February 2009, 05:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

That tyre looks like it's a goner QD. Better pictures would be desirable for a final analysis though.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote