Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2009, 00:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

vRs has a stiffer suspension that the rider.
Atleast i felt that.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 00:43   #62
BHPian

I read but not much so i asked, but i found the difference some where, i want all those things, i really want them, now just have to ask a little more and wait for replys of pms about maintainance.
abhi, check your pm also, i have sent you also.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 02:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

RS and Rider have the same suspension.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 20:28   #64
BHPian

Default 55000 KM Update

It has been a 1000 kilometers that i drove since i got my machine.All seems to go well.The power is so amazing that i cannot stop driving it.Only issue that's been bugging me since a lot of days is that a strange sound comes from the engine particularly nearer to the timing belt.Its like some one is ringing a continues bell .I don't know how to describe it.its kind of weird though.went to the service center the people over there said its not the timing belt and not anything seriouse to worry about and if it is the timing belt the sound would become higher and you could notice it immediately.But still it keeps on worrying me.I went to three other workshops who services skoda,those people also have no idea what it is.Any inputs on this guys.Please help
HAFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 09:25   #65
BHPian

Default 56500 KM Update Plus New Paint Job

Enjoying every bit of riding my beast.Definitely its a beast in terms of power.So much of raw power waiting to be ripped.Got my insurance claim and did a paint job on all the three sides except left side and almost covered all the scratches now its in show room condition.

Posting in a few pics :
Attached Images

Old 5th May 2010, 22:16   #66
BHPian

Default 59712 KM Update For My VRS

Hey,

Its been a year and around 5000 KM's since i bought my RS.
Till now i havent faced any problems except for a damaged windshield lifter.

Painted the alloys with jet black and the caliper with bright green.And also got in dark tints(Garware).

I am going to give it for a timing belt plus alternator belt and pulley change to skoda authorized service center tomorrow.

What all should i know regarding this?Please do help me out..
Old 6th May 2010, 10:43   #67
BHPian

Congratulations on a successful years completion with your RS.

Could you please post a picture or two of the painted alloys and calibres?

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 17:08   #68
BHPian

yes sure...its gone to the workshop for the belt change..will post the pics tomporrow ASAP.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:55   #69
BHPian

Default Update On The Timing Belt Change

Hey,

Finally got my timing belt changed.I also got the alternator belt changed.
Actually in skoda the timing belt change comes with a timing belt repair kit.

The repair kit consist of the following items:
1)Timing Belt
2)Two Tensioners

It took them a day and a half as they had a pretty time consuming work fitting the belt.One of the shock absorbers inside the timing belt area wasn't going down so that the tensioners could be clipped on.These shock absorbers automatically adjust itself according to the belt tension when the engine is running.

Some how they were able to fix shock and mounted the belt over the pulley.I was happy with the work.They charged me with a total of rs 10868.And their approach was also good.I got the delivery of the vehicle on Saturday by 12 noon.

Took the vehicle for a test drive.The performance have immaculately increased and to say the turbo whistle is much much better.Sooo good to hear it.Before the turbo whistle was not too good.Wasn't able to hear the whistle well even with the windows down before the timing belt was replaced.Now whistle goes whooosh right after 2500 rpm.Soo happy to hear it and often awakens my racing mentality.

Took the vehicle home.So far happy with everything.At night i again took the vehicle out.What i noticed was that the A/C wasn't working.At times it becomes cool and at times it doesn't.Before when the Climatronic is adjusted to 18 or LO, i get continues cooling and A/C doesn't cut off.But now it cuts off frequently.

Today,ie Monday morning i took the vehicle to skoda and they checked the vehicle and told me that the A/C relay was faulty.

They charged me a mighty 7430 bucks.The relay including vat cost around 7200 and rest for labor.
I asked them to fit the unit.

After paying the bill i gave them the remark that i never had this complaint when i gave this vehicle only since after getting the belt replaced from here i was starting to have this problem and i also told them i don't intend to make any argument or anything it was just a remark.He didn't say anything.

After taking the vehicle home i inquired the cost of the relay with the part number in the local m,market.It costs only 3350.

Up-to a 100% increase in the price in skoda authorized workshop.

Why such a difference in price?.And is the A/C faulty always accompanied with the TB replacement?.

Attached are some of the pics of the old timing belt and its tensioner
Attached Thumbnails
Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0473.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0474.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0475.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0476.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0479.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0480.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0481.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0482.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0484.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 16:35   #70
BHPian

Post some pics of the green callipers man.I've been checking this thread frequently
octane1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 16:52   #71
BHPian

Oh sorry dude.I was out of net connection for a while.You sent me a message regarding the cover right?.Its available as a kit here in the local market.

Actually its just a sprayer knob.The motor is inside the bonnet.It doesn't cost much.Ask for L&K headlight washer .Ill inquire the cost and tell you.

Here are the pics of the wheels :
Attached Thumbnails
Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0491.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0490.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0489.jpg  

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms-img_0486.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 16:57   #72
BHPian

Wheels looking cool man.You could do with some better footwear to do justice to this car's potential IMHO.Any plans?

P.S.:I jus need the washer cover as the washer is intact.Is sucha thing available in the market?

Last edited by octane1002 : 10th May 2010 at 16:59.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Wheels looking cool man.You could do with some better footwear to do justice to this car's potential IMHO.Any plans?

P.S.:I jus need the washer cover as the washer is intact.Is sucha thing available in the market?
Hey the entire thing doesn't cost much dude.So change the knob also.Its available as as set only.Not the cover alone.Change it.As it is one of the aspect that's gives the RS its looks.
Yes going to upgrade soon with profile 225/45 R16.Have a budget for over 20 k.Which is better?
Old 10th May 2010, 17:19   #74
BHPian

You're surely gona need more than 20k for a decent upgrade in the 225 profile.Michelin's should set you back by around 9.2k a peice.I went in for yoko S-drives 205 profiles.Set me back 30k.No excjhange as all 4 of them were more or less gone with cracks/bubbles.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:39   #75
YCJ
BANNED

Default Re: Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms

Hey can you pls explain how were your rims painted?
I mean when I enquired about painting my Octavia's rims, I was told that the paint won't last longer than a year or two.
Is it true?
YCJ is offline   Reply With Quote