Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th February 2009, 01:33   #31
BHPian

Congrats Heman
she looks pretty in white. keep her shining like new. drive safe!!
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 13:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Congrats Heman,

Owning a first car always is a special feeling. Enjoy your drive and drive safe!
Thank you Silent Engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
Congrats Heman
she looks pretty in white. keep her shining like new. drive safe!!
Thank you.
Heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 16:45   #33
BHPian

Great set of wheels. The while color looks really good. Also the alloys look neat.
Have fun with your new drive.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 21:25   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

That's a sweet car with a neat set of alloys. looks cool in the white. Though you need to keep her away from creeps. Scratches show more on white(personnel experience with my white i10).
But why you not take the i10 era into account? it cost me less than 3.9 lacs here on road.
bharti22shresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 11:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Saw your car finally at the Blind Man rally. Looks great in white and the tyre alloy combo is perfect. Take good care of it. It's your first own car so makes that makes it even more special.

Any more updates since I guess its over a week since you got your car?
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 00:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Great set of wheels. The while color looks really good. Also the alloys look neat.
Have fun with your new drive.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
That's a sweet car with a neat set of alloys. looks cool in the white. Though you need to keep her away from creeps. Scratches show more on white(personnel experience with my white i10).
But why you not take the i10 era into account? it cost me less than 3.9 lacs here on road.
I am afraid of the creeps who wants to just ruin the car, hence I am always with it when it is parked on the road.
I did look at the i10, but then 3.9 lacs was above my budget.
Old 20th February 2009, 00:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Saw your car finally at the Blind Man rally. Looks great in white and the tyre alloy combo is perfect. Take good care of it. It's your first own car so makes that makes it even more special.

Any more updates since I guess its over a week since you got your car?
This is the latest Mileage that I am getting

But then please note that most of the driving has been without AC. Will give the exact calculation based on Highway & City Driving.
Attached Images

Last edited by Heman : 20th February 2009 at 00:42.
Old 20th February 2009, 04:47   #38
BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi – Artic White

...I fixed Alto as my choice...

Color
There were not many arguments or confusion here. Everyone in my house loves the color white, so white it was
Heman, congrats on your new ride !!

That's a good choice of color too, and I think it looks great

Does Maruti offer the option of blacked out window frames on the Alto? I feel it would look befitting on a white car.

@ Heman - I like your alloys. However, a little more bling wouldn't have harmed. What do you say? I took the liberty of adding black pillars and a different set of alloys on your baby's pic. Hope you don't mind.

@mods, if this is not the right place to post this, please move it to the appropriate section if it exists!

PS:- The alloys are from jango's i10 Kappa - Hyundai i10 Kappa 1.2L - jango's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Attached Thumbnails
Alto - My Dream Comes True-dsc01337.jpg  

Sangre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 11:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

congrats dude. you will cherish your moments with alto. its a rock stable car with japanese build quality. believe me i have rallied it in almost all terrains, bumps speeds with 6 people squeezed inside and what not. all the parts are just perfect and of supreme quality. all you need to take care is regular servicings. mainly OIL.
the road grip and stability on curves is amazing, i have taken curves at very high speeds with squeaking Tyre noises, but never has my alto made me feel insecure.
the only pain is driving the alto with AC on. its a sad story altogether.
mileage wise its the best.

here is my baby, 5 years and still sparkling like new, i have nurtured it like anything.
Attached Images

amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 13:11   #40
BHPian

everything in your post almost same as my opinion or thinking,when i m going to purchase my alto in 06 only difference is my car is in black color and my family's favorite color is black.
mavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 01:23   #41
BHPian

By how much kmpl ,Will the fuel economy come down on :
1.Upsizing by 1, alloys with michelin/bridgestone?
2.Adding alloys and replacing stock tyres with michelin/Bridgestone of stock size?
kums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 06:37   #42
BHPian

I know its late but congrats on the new car heman.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 11:37   #43
BHPian

Default My Alto experience - 2400 kms

I am a novice when it comes to cars. This is my first car and this is the first time I have driven any car (other than some frivolous test drives I did before buying). I have done 2400 kms so fara in a little over 3 months. Yes, my driving isn't much. THe reason is I have a pool cab for office and take my car out only with family; in the evenings or weekends.

Firstly, the reason for choosing Alto LXI. I wanted to get used to driving without having to worry about dents and scratches (which is the norm in Delhi, I am told). I also did not want to be burdened with service costs and frequent trips to the service centre. I wanted a car that I could fill , shut and drive. And one on which my wife could learn driving. I could afford upto a swift Dezire but decided to settle for a smaller first car.

Initial feelings: I was never enamoured by Alto. I bought the top end model for the power steering. The first few kilometers made me feel that i had compromised too much. Very little power to my liking and no space at all. It took me about 200 kms to come to terms with the small car feel.

At first, I felt the car was too noisy when the windows were rolled up. I could hear and feel the engine vibrations, the pick up was nothing to write home about and the way it shook when it went over potholes at 50/60 wasn't funny. I called up my dealer several times asking various basic questions. The steering wheel wouldn't hold line, the door would rattle and I could hear the tyre against the road everytime I drove. The AC wasn't good as one of the vents was (and still is) malfunctioning.

First service: At 1000 kms, I took the car to the company owned service station at Naraina, New Delhi. There, I mentioned all the issues I had and let them do their job.

I was very unhappy with the work they did. The rattle did not subside, the steering wheel was not aligned properly. But the engine became much smoother. I now did not hear much of the engine sound neither felt the vibrations. The pick up was also better. Either that, or I had got used to the power and pick up Alto offered.

I now felt much more comfortable and confident at slow, bumper to bumper speeds and at high speeds. Handling the car in the city was easier and stop and go driving was becoming comfortable. Maybe my driving had improved.

It is 2400 kms now and I have decided to check the mileage. So far, I consciously avoided checking FE as my driving style was improper (it still is, I think) and my driving was infrequent. Now I have filled the tank, as suggested in this forum in different threads and will wait for the next tank full before checking the FE.

Overall impressions: This is a very good car for new drivers. It is small, light and easy to drive. It is like the BSNL among all telecom operators. You should not expect much and you will be very happy. The engine responds well to the traffic demands. AC is effective in the current weather and the blower set at spped 3 is good enough to cool the cabin. But the pick up is dead when AC is switched on. I have to drive more frequently on 2nd gear with the AC on.

There is nothing much in this car in terms of creature comforts but it offers a good drive when you want to drive leisurely. I have taken it on long drives with 4 adults and one child very frequently and have faced no problems.

I am looking at more improvements after the 2nd service.

Initially, I felt that I had been sold a defective car but now I feel that is not the case. I am pretty contented with what I get from this car. I guess I will keep it for another 2 odd years before going for another bigger car.

I will keep updating this thread intermittently with my experiences.

Do let me know if my experiences are in line with others' experiences. I would also require some tips in driving more efficiently. Like changing gears - I tend to keep the clutch pressed for a longer time while changing gears (but I don't press the accelerator at the same time) and some more tips on maintaining the car to get more out of it.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 14:39   #44
BANNED

Hemant, congrats on your alto, best small family car after 800 ,zippy, easy to drive,park and its fun too, looks good with body coloured bumpers,orvm's.Keep updating and have a safe ride.CHEERS!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 14:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride Heman. Enjoy & Drive safe...
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote