Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2009, 11:44   #46
BHPian

@nkrishnap: The headlights are quite powerful. I was planning on upgrading to HIDs as soon as I took delivery, but decided to defer it after driving the car at night. Both beams are really powerful, infact I've put the lights on a much lower setting as people keep flashing me even when I'm on low beam! The only reason I might go in for HIDs in the near future is for the looks alone.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:35   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

@Jasi: Thanks for the response mate.

By the way are you upgrading the rim to alloys may be 16 inchers or even 17?
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 14:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Jasi: Thanks for the response mate.

By the way are you upgrading the rim to alloys may be 16 inchers or even 17?
No worries, mate! As far as the wheels are concernced, I definitely want to upgrade to 16s. I was planning to do that as soon as I drove the car out of the showroom, but decided to live with the steel rims till my next visit to India. Ofcourse, it would have worked out much cheaper if I did it then, as I would have got a better deal swapping the new tyres, but it'll have to wait. 17s really look good on the Linea, and is even supplied as OE in some countries. But 17s would be just too hard for Kerala's roads.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:33   #49
BANNED

coloneljasi, congratulations for buying this beauty as is already been talk of the country, and you one owner of it. Go for 16" size to upgrade and not 17" as for the roads you are driving 16" is enough for you. Drive safe and keep updating.CHEERS!!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 23:10   #50
BHPian

Default 1st Service update

Time for an update. My car went in for it's 1st service at RF Motors, Kochi, last tuesday. I could have waited a bit longer for the car to near the 3000 km mark, but the 1st service is just a scheduled inspection and more importantly, I just could not stand that annoying pillar noise any longer! I had sent an email to TATA/Fiat about my issues and they had put me in touch with RF's Senior Works Manager, Giridhar Prasad. I must say that Mr.Prasad & his staff went out of their way to get my car sorted real quick. They even managed to touch up the car's RH quarter panel (long story, short version: Innova car+driver with no sense of car's size or traffic regulations+long queue at toll booth=redesigned wheel flare+fried nerves) within 1.5 days. They have sorted out the B-pillar noise, apparently the front LH door's striker was not seated properly. The dashboard noise is suspected to be due to a faulty stabilizer rod which is fixed onto the LH side of firewall. RF could not replace it as Fiat was yet to despatch it to them. When I went to collect the car, the service personnel did the 1st service, wheel alignment, nitrogen filling in the tyres, changed the front RH strut (presumably campaign warranty as I did not notice anything wrong while driving the car) and painted the quarterpanel. Mr.Prasad had taken a test drive of my car when I went to drop it off at RF as well as post-service. He has assured me that the a technician would be sent to Calicut with the new part as soon they recieved it. I will only need to take the car to the Focuz service centre (TASC) in Calicut.

All in all, I should say that the service response of TATA/Fiat has been pretty good. My 1st interaction with RF's service personnel has been just as good. Hopefully it will stay that way. In retrospect, I've been told my Mr.Prasad that Hyson TATA (Dealer in Thrissur) should be getting the authorisation for Calicut as well. They will be given the Fiat franchise once the Calicut facility is complete.

The only noticable difference in the Linea is that the B pillar noise has disappeared. Hopefully, that squeaking sound from the firewall should be gone soon enough too. The paint job is near perfect, no colour difference or orange peeling seen. The drive back from Kochi on wednesday was pleasant. Since the road from Changaramkulam to Kuttipuram has been patched up (more or less) and the drive was in the late evening, I managed to get back to Calicut in around 3.5 hours. The Fiat behaved impecably on the return trip, soaking up small bumps and handling just like a Fiat should. More updates on the car soon....

P.S: Could one of the moderators please edit the title to include the 3000km/1st service update? I don't know if I can do that myself. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2009, 07:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
...All in all, I should say that the service response of TATA/Fiat has been pretty good. My 1st interaction with RF's service personnel has been just as good. Hopefully it will stay that way...

... I managed to get back to Calicut in around 3.5 hours...
Good note on the first service, especially since it involves the famed RF. Guess the TATA/Fiat marriage is making sure things go well for Linea owners.

And man, you drive 3.5 hrs just to get the vehicle serviced! Hope you get the other center near you, up and running soon.
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 08:09   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
.......... I had sent an email to TATA/Fiat about my issues and they had put me in touch with RF's Senior Works Manager, Giridhar Prasad. I must say that Mr.Prasad & his staff went out of their way to get my car sorted real quick.
I got my black Petrol Linea on 27th feb. and from day one there was this slight shade difference on the roof. I gave a email to the fiat and they took up my case and forwarded it to my dealers workshop.
When i went there with the car , the general manager was treating me like i was some god or something . He quickly assigned his best men to work on my car immediately .

That was really Assuring feeling on the service point of view for my car. Definitely Fiat is trying their best to offer the best dedicated services to its customers and its really pleasing. I would suggest to all fiat owners to keep in touch with fiat India through email , it really helps.
srikarsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 12:16   #53
BANNED

[quote=coloneljasi;1203739]
All in all, I should say that the service response of TATA/Fiat has been pretty good. My 1st interaction with RF's service personnel has been just as good. Hopefully it will stay that way.

good to hear your experience with the first service and i too really hope they remain like this across nation, as fiat is really hard to get customers satisfaction back with their ***, your experience shares that, also to mention 3.5hr journey to get the car serviced is too long distance, hope to see a centre near your area.Keep updating and have a safe ride.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 23:30   #54
BHPian

@coloneljasi

Thats really good to know that Fiat A.S.S is improved so much, I am going to check for any Noise or Vibrations from my car, the one in the left door was fixed. I am hoping other things are not going to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikarsai View Post
I got my black Petrol Linea on 27th feb. and from day one there was this slight shade difference on the roof. I gave a email to the fiat and they took up my case and forwarded it to my dealers workshop.
When i went there with the car , the general manager was treating me like i was some god or something . He quickly assigned his best men to work on my car immediately .

That was really Assuring feeling on the service point of view for my car. Definitely Fiat is trying their best to offer the best dedicated services to its customers and its really pleasing. I would suggest to all fiat owners to keep in touch with fiat India through email , it really helps.
Hey Srikarsai, do you have a dedicated, thread about your ownership experience, I am also from Hyderabad. Good to see your posts here. My exp with concorde has been good so far. Only the stupid front office girls were a pain, else everyone else was good to me at the service center.
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 08:29   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@coloneljasi
Hey Srikarsai, do you have a dedicated, thread about your ownership experience, I am also from Hyderabad. Good to see your posts here. My exp with concorde has been good so far. Only the stupid front office girls were a pain, else everyone else was good to me at the service center.
No i dint make a New thread , as already there are suddenly so many of em' here .
Yet to Post a Ownership Report . Will do it in the near future. Too Lazy to Type
srikarsai is offline   Reply With Quote