Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st March 2009, 02:46   #61

if only the later ones didnt have to come with the dingy plastic bumpers and the smaller black grill. it looked a helluva lot better with the chrome bumpers, the way muscle cars do, and the larger old grill too looked a lot nicer.
'88tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 22:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
the car needs little cleaning
Dear Brother , Pedal rubbers are badly worn out , and they dont wear out that bad in 11000kms, kindly note. car seems to have done more kms then 11000
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 09:07   #63
BHPian

Default I got my contessa as well

And my story of buying one just goes like how manikjeet has described. I was roaming around town, i remembered this old man who is a small scale factory owner having this car. And i guessed it out right,he still had this and was not using this for a very long time.

I asked him if he is ready to sell it,he agreed as he just wanted to have more parking space to accommodate his new skoda superb. After a month of waiting for car keys(owner was not sure where he had kept it and he was too busy),I got it cleaned and arranged for a service battery. Did the test drive. And i took this on 29th August 2009 after thorough servicing. I paid 30k for this car to the owner. This conty is in factory condition, may be the headlights were replaced. It is a 1993 contessa classic 1.8GL, with all interiors as it is from factory.

My expenditures:-
Washing = rs-450/-. (The interiors were dirty & smelling odd, and engine bay was filled up with lizards and what not.
Oils = Rs-1100/-
New Battery= Rs= 4300/-
Left front door handle & window machine - Rs=450/- ( door handle was broken inside & window was not scrolling up & down.I went myself to gujri and got them)
Service charge = Rs-600/-
Attached Images

Sudhindra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 09:18   #64
BHPian

Default I got my contessa as well

After continuous search for one, i managed to grab one one 29th august. Will post the pics soon.
Sudhindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:35   #65
BHPian

And my conty has run 44000kms so far. Lack power steering, has AC which works fine. No rust, but there is a small dent on the bonnet(it was my mistake, i had parked the car under a tree).
Attached Images

Old 7th September 2009, 12:32   #66
BHPian

Back portion of the car is dull. Can anyone tell me whether it can be brought back to shine without actually painting the whole car? also, where it can be done.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Back portion of the car is dull. Can anyone tell me whether it can be brought back to shine without actually painting the whole car? also, where it can be done.
Welcome to the "Conti Club". It makes it even better since you are in Bangalore and easy to meet up since I have met Conti owners far and wide from Coimbatore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai , NCR, to Delhi ect ect.. The community is so like minded and the ownership so passionate.

From the looks you have NC paint on. A light Rubbing and Waxing will leave it shining and a quick fix job to your car. Stay in touch if you need to know more about the car or looking for some really unavailable spares which we can get the word around to source. Be careful with gujili unless you know someone.

Cheers,
Miyer

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th September 2009 at 14:52. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please preview before submitting and avoid using external font editors. Thanks
Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 14:47   #68
BHPian

Thanks Miyer, appreciate your response. Definitely it helps and makes me feel better to find you guys are from Bangalore. Will get in touch with you for any queries.

I was thinking of taking my car to "Spic & Span". I am sure you would have heard about them. Got to know they do good job in detailing and bring back the car to shine. Are they "Ok". any idea about how much they charge?
Old 7th September 2009, 14:54   #69
Team-BHP Support

This is what i would suggest, first do a complete rubbing and polishing. If its upto your satisfaction leave it at that, or else think of painting the rear quarter, but careful this color is a tough one to match.

If nothing else works then you will have to give it one or two full coat which can be rubbed down.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 08:26   #70
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu, this saturday i am showing my car to the executive from Spic & Span. Will check out with him if both exterior and interior detailing can be done or not?
Old 9th September 2009, 11:26   #71
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Thats a real neat conti you've got your hands on !! Good luck with it and wish you many years of happy motoring !!
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 22:22   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Anyone know which year was the Contessa discontinued? I remember driving it for the first time when it was launched with the Isuzu engine. Man, it was a rocket ship back then.
The gr8 contessa was launched way back in 1983 and was discontinued in 2002.
bullzye_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 22:42   #73
BHPian

amazing cars congratulations to both of you only please dont go overboard with the restoration /transformation projects the beauty of these cars today lies with maintaining the originality and not by pimping them up to excesses.
sierrakamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 22:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

@Sudhindra,Its a good buy.The interiors look pristine.Is this the stock colour?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 15:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

If you guys come across any very good contessa in Bangalore and in pristine condition, please do let me know.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote