Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th March 2009, 13:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Regarding the top two points you mentioned. Are they particular to this model, or is it just absent on the New Honda City? Noticed in the photographs that the front bumper does not have provisions for Fogs either, again, is that available in other models?
What I have is the highest trim (S) available now, so, it is going to be the same case with all ANHCs.
I have gone for the fog lamps etc. I will put up the snaps soon. What they do is, they cut the bumper, which is supposed to have such provison from the back.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 13:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What I have is the highest trim (S) available now, so, it is going to be the same case with all ANHCs.
I have gone for the fog lamps etc. I will put up the snaps soon. What they do is, they cut the bumper, which is supposed to have such provison from the back.
That is a smart idea actually.

With this approach even lower trim cars will look "complete". It will not look as if some plastic peice has been put in as an afterthought in places where the fog lamps should have been in the first place (like how we see in most cars around, including the NHC)!
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 13:58   #48
BANNED

guna,congrats man, best looking nhc with superbly clicked photographs, best i've came across.Drive safe and keep updating.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 14:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of it when I saw a couple of ANHCs on the road! Will definitely look forward to those pics!

In fact you must be the first (or atleast one of the few) who have ordered for fog lamps!

Just an inquisitive question. I know you were fond of using the fog lamps in your Fusion (I use them too), but did you miss the fog lamps in your ANHC? Or was it an item in the to-do list that you wanted done on your new car so that you can use them when required?
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 16:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
I know you were fond of using the fog lamps in your Fusion (I use them too), but did you miss the fog lamps in your ANHC? Or was it an item in the to-do list that you wanted done on your new car so that you can use them when required?
I did not miss them so much, but sometime they are vey useful. Also they make the car look more complete.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:13   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Guna for getting the ANHC. thats a lovely color you have got

Btw I confused with the pics that you have posted seems like some are form net & some were taken by you as in some pics I see 4 Power Windows buttons on driver's door while in some its just two
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw I confused with the pics that you have posted seems like some are form net & some were taken by you as in some pics I see 4 Power Windows buttons on driver's door while in some its just two
Those are obviously pics taken by him & not from the net. In 1 pic he has taken door panel pic from side angle and thats why you cant see all 4 switches properly. See again you might spot it.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:31   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

You are right its the angle which makes it look like 2 switches instead of 4. My bad :(
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 22:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

I have added few things like fog lamps, side beadings on the doors to my ANHC. I also changed to alloy wheels with slightly wider tyres.
Interior upgrade includes the stanley seat covers (combination of leather and art leather)

I thought of getting a CD player fixed but realised that converting the CDs to MP3 (which takes less then 5 mins per CD on iTunes) far better solution.

Also, got the grills painted with the body colour which has dramatically improved the looks in my opinion.

The City FE has remained at around 9.5-10 kmph even after the first service.

On a long distance highway drive it returned 13-14.5 kmph (14.5 on a undevided highway with the speeds around 90 kmph and 13 on NH4 where speed was over 100kmph)
Attached Thumbnails
Got my ANHC-S AT-img_3153.jpg  

Got my ANHC-S AT-img_3151.jpg  

Got my ANHC-S AT-img_3155.jpg  

Last edited by Guna : 31st March 2009 at 22:18.
Old 31st March 2009, 22:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Nice mods. It looks complete now, with alloys.

Could you post a better exposed pic of the modded grill please? I like what you've done with it, but I would like a better one to show to a friend
ImmortalZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 22:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Guna- Car looks neat now. Did you fix the fogs from Honda or from outside? How much did it cost. Alloys look awesome.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 23:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Could you post a better exposed pic of the modded grill please?
I can, I need to take another picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Did you fix the fogs from Honda or from outside? How much did it cost.
It was done at Honda. Dont remember the exact cost (13 k probably) but the fog lamps+3M film+ side beadings+ splash Gaurds came to 30 K. Will look in to the bill again and post.
Old 1st April 2009, 09:53   #58
BHPian

Hi Guna, good pics and the Car looks even better now. Did the tyre upgrade have an impact on FE? hows the handling now? me too plan to get the rubbers upgraded with alloys.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 10:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
It was done at Honda. Dont remember the exact cost (13 k probably) but the fog lamps+3M film+ side beadings+ splash Gaurds came to 30 K.
No wonder .. I dont see many ANHCs with fogs.

Guna: You've really dressed up your ride tastefully.. looks sweet!!

Which tyres and profile are you running now?

Last edited by revved_up : 1st April 2009 at 10:07.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 10:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Did the tyre upgrade have an impact on FE? hows the handling now? me too plan to get the rubbers upgraded with alloys.
No there is no noticable drop in the FE after the tyre upgrade. It has considerably improved the handling. Self centering effect is more now which results in better feedback. Road noise also has gone up marginally.